Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Salty21db Active Member

Already on the stalking part....*do the creep*

2. Tkia Well-Known Member

There's only 1 wish required - "all the options we previously had".
    Terein likes this.
  3. Piestro Member

That's a good start, but there's definitely room for improvement.
  4. Pariel Active Member

Our own would be nice.. using screen shots, limited avatar size, all the normal options :)
  5. Guiscard Active Member

I want to be able to look at the whole forum list and now have SOE select the list for me - this is awful - let me see a list of all the forums and brows them all without having to go back to this front page piece of junk.
  6. Guiscard Active Member

Thumbs DOWN.
  7. Guiscard Active Member

Is there anyway to view all the forums like we used to - this is awful.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice that the old EQ2 forums had a "Forum Jump" menu.
  9. Terein Active Member

I would agree it looks pretty bad, however it functions well enough, pretty average for what I would expect from forums.. o.o
  10. Pariel Active Member

Do you not see all the forums when you click Home?
  11. Skuffle Member

As bad as the old forums were, this is worse...LOL - and I didn't think that was possible. I think I really don't need the forums all that much any way :)
    Kinya, Pijotre and Guiscard like this.
  12. Coolit New Member

I like the new forums, they have a much more modern feel and are really nice to look at, thumbs up from me:D
    Pariel likes this.
  13. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi Everyone,

As you all begin to explore our new forums you will have a number of comments. It is different from our old system! We appreciate constructive feedback and will take it into account as we make improvements and changes.

I am going to merge the previous threads on this topic here so that the conversation will stay in one place.

Thanks again.
  14. Pariel Active Member

I'd like to see

• More avatar options - perhaps even to upload our own
    • The "stretch" function - just like the EQ forums have (see pic)
    [IMG]
    • Lots of different "themes" to the colour schemes can be changed
    Apart from that I like these... lets face it, nothings worse than the old slow unresponsive forums :)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Gharish Active Member

Homeshow needs moved up in the list. Nice to be able log in and not have to repeat till the forums load. We still need to log in every time we exit or was that abomination fixed with this new set up?
  16. Caela Well-Known Member

I am a forum junkie (not just this one, but lots of different ones) and so far, this one is ok. I've never used this "brand" of forum before (my preference is vb-bulletin), but I'm getting used to it.

I look forward to new skins - a stretch would be nice (but probably will not use it) - but I would really like something without a graphical background for mobile browsing.

Also would love to be able to upload my own avatar. The names on the left are very easy to overlook - letting folks have custom avatars would go a long way in establishing our own identity, which helps foster a community.
  17. SandsMans Active Member

Maybe more mobile friendly. For us smart phone users!
    Ferk15 and Kokorobosoi like this.
  18. Raienya Member

I would like the new forums to reach across the entire page like the old ones did.

Would also appreciate many more avatar choices. None of the current ones look like any of my characters.

Post counts?

And I think Guide Events and Player Events should be separated, like the old forums. Too many threads to weed through to find what you want.
  19. Pariel Active Member

This... please
    Pijotre likes this.
  20. Virrago Community Relations

Here is a summary of some of the new features and a few limitations of the new forums:

Forum Skin - We are planning on adding the stretched skin like EQ has, however, it may be the end of the month before we can add it. Unfortunately, our web art department that creates these skins for us is quite slammed at the moment.

Avatars - New avatars are coming. We hope to add lots of new avatars in the future as soon as we can free up some resources to create them.

Forum Guidelines - The forum guidelines are here. We have changed the policy section on signatures a bit and removed the trial basis from section four. The new signature requirements are 440 pixels wide with a 1500KB size limit. There is no height limit as long as it isn't so long it is disruptive to the forums.

RSS Feeds - Each forum category has RSS feeds. Unfortunately, the SOE Post Tracker does not at this time. Due to the limitations of the XenForo software we are using there was no way to have a group tracker like the old forums had. So we created our on add on to make the SOE Post Tracker tab. Hopefully in the future we can implement an RSS feed in to that.

Follow - You can follow people now and their posts will be listed in your News Feed.

Ignore - You can add people to an ignore list so you don't get private messages from them or see their posts.

Watched Threads and Email Alerts - If you watch a thread you will receive an email alert if someone posts to it. You can changes these options in your preferences page.