Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since I use Firefox, I use Ad Block Plus, and I used that to prevent a bunch of the social media stuff from showing up:

[IMG]
  2. Nynaeve Active Member

Piece of JUNK new forum!
    apparently this was made by somebody who thinks he's good in graphics, but has zero plan about usability and interface design. send him back to design "Hello Kitty" coffee cups please!
    Guiscard likes this.
  3. Guiscard Active Member

Why isn't there some sort of options page where you can clean up all this junk and set the various fields you want. If there is one they have hidden it.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Found a fairly serious problem. Only the top two or three pixels of the "Post Reply" button are active. Same is true of the "More Options" button. The "Upload a File" button, however, is active for the whole surface of the button.

[IMG]

System Information
    • Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    • Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Browser Information
    • Firefox v. 16.0.2
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The mess at the bottom (page numbers and links) needs to be fixed as well.

*edit* And that seems to be a Firefox issue Sigrdrifa, it doesn't do that in Chrome.
  6. Tylia Well-Known Member

Really light colored background down the middle of the page with black empty space on each side really causes eye strain after a while. The "cutesy" look of these new forums seems almost adolescent and amateur. Maybe I'll like them better once I can change the way I view them. I guess only time will tell.

And the forced smaller version of the EQ2U signature which distorts them and makes them blurry is also annoying. Why do I feel like these forums were designed by a 13 year old barbie cheerleader and her bff "Staci-with-an-i" ?
    Ridolain and Terein like this.
  7. Dontar New Member

Nice shinny new forums
  8. Pariel Active Member

The Report button at the bottom of every post, right next to the date and time?
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

Gosh! I can't believe how many people posting here have never seen dark text on a light background. I just didn't realize how many players have not read books or magazines or newspapers. How many have not read any online news sites and the comment forums on those sites. How many have not checked out IMDB forums or the sites and forums for ASOIAF or other novel/series. For that matter how many people have obviously never looked at ZAM for Everquest live as this is pretty much the UI color scheme for that site and has been forever.

There have been comments, both on the old forum and the new forums, about the structure that they are putting out immediately and what they will change. Be patient. There's a lot going on in the EQ2 development world at the moment.
  10. Pariel Active Member

Nope, just follow that guide.. easy
    Cuelaen likes this.
  11. Nocturnus Member

Rather like the new forums. Give us more options for Avatars, ensure that we have the forums necessary to give good feedback, and we should be good to go into the future! Hopefully these age better than the other ones do. :)
  12. Jacra Member

I like the optics and integrating it into the website. Loads much faster - of course with much less content/members ...
    What I miss:

* as mentioned before the SOE posts in History & Lore, many things mentioned there you find nowhere else important for the background, so that is actual ingame content you loose if not saved

* Warning people prior to switching forums and have them test in larger (public) scale - I mean c'mon, happy, respected customers and a smooth launch does NOT come from a smooth TECHNICAL launch, been there, its only smooth and thus good for atmosphere and reputation if you take the people with you and have them complain prior switch about style problems, avatars missing, templates missing etc.
  13. Nocturnus Member

That's all well and good if the forums work... which, well, the old ones didn't anymore. Rather than try to fix them, complete the transition to software that works, and then take care of the minor aesthetic details later, right?
  14. Jacra Member

Do I see that correctly, that the forum post necroing rule is no longer (bumping an old threat)? In general i'm in favor of that rule, but the recent enforcement in the lore and history old forums was a tad ... irritating. If you discuss lore and no matter how long after someone has another point to make or simply wants still an answer to that questions - I don't think these should have expiry dates for that particular forum.
  15. Jacra Member

I know, which led to the suggestion to migrate the posts of devs in the history/lore old forum over to the one here. That is rather easy with database scripts I would say.
  16. Terein Active Member

The issue isn't just black text on a lighter background, it's the entire layout, everything from the parchment texture to the solid block borders. Also most of those comments were posted before we were informed that we were getting the stretched skin which will help a bit, though I still stand by the EQ1 forums looking 100x better than these.
  17. Erage New Member

I would like there to be a noticeable distinction between the stickied threads and regular threads. I hate forums that mesh them together like this. The sticky icon is also awkwardly on the right of the title.
  18. Salavar Active Member

Thanks for the help or whatever that is meant to be but I had all of that turned off in my account / preferences yesterday, my account is still being sent e-mails.
  19. ITPalg Member

There are Java errors or something when trying to click the Unwatch link at the top of watched threads.
    I just posted bout it in the General Support forum.
  20. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Would having a few dozen of the more prolific posters betatest the forums been a bad idea?

I think not.
    Terein, Guiscard and Feldon like this.