Fabled mobs for Progression 2013

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elbereth, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Elbereth New Member

I haven't heard anything - are the progression servers going to get fabled mobs this year? Last year we did not, but the servers were still in PoP at that time. I thought maybe we'd get fabled Classic mobs last year, but wasn't surprised that we didn't.

However this year we are quite far into progression (DoDH), and fabled mobs at least up through Velious seem gear appropriate. Luclin perhaps, too, though looking through loot tables it seems a little too good.

Fabled mobs were introduced in March 2005, at which time DoN was the current expansion. It seems we should be getting fabled mobs on fippy/vulak based on that criteria.

Personally I haven't played enough live over the years to see many of them, so I'm hoping that I'll get that chance this year on Fippy.
    Nick likes this.
  2. Nick Elder

No idea but I hope we do!!!
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Actually, fabled Mobs were introduced March 16, 2004, the 5th anniversary; this was after GoD was released as it was actually tuned to level 70 because they were orginally going to give us 66-70 free with the anniversary but the level tuning wasn't done yet so they pushed it back and put it into OoW.

Original & Kunark Fabled are about as far as you should have spawning on the Progression servers. If you were into Prophecy of Ro, then I could see Velious ones.

Just for reference here are what I would take as what the Dev's would use as the determining factor for what Anniversary bonus is available on Progression servers.

Server Progressed to: ___ Anniversary Bonus:
    Original thru LDoN ______ Items which no longer drop will drop for the anniversary time.
    GoD & OoW ___________ Original release Fabled ___(March 16, 2004)
    DoN & DoDh ___________ Kunark & older Fabled ___(March 16, 2005)
    PoR & TSS ____________ Velious & older Fabled ___(March 16, 2006)
    TBS __________________ Luclin & older Fabled ____(March 16, 2007)
    SoF __________________ PoP Raid & older Fabled* _(March 16, 2008)
    SoD and later expansions_ PoP Group & older Fabled* (March 16, 2009)

*The Dev's may be nice and just release both of these together, but I highly doubt it. Only the PoP raids were fabled in 2008; and then in 2009 they added group drops as fabled items. The reason I doubt they would add the combine these is that the group drops are significantly better due to the change in how gear was done starting with SoF, so the PoP group fabled drops are significantly better than anything obtainable in SoF and better than many things in SoD (Some fabled pet weapons were actually better than some raid weapons of those expansions as far as dps goes).
    Elbereth likes this.
  4. Elbereth New Member

Xianzu, thanks a ton; this is *exactly* the sort of breakdown I was searching for on the internet yesterday, but I wasn't able to find. My memory was clearly off on when fabled were introduced (it was actually when I was still on live in 2004; guess my guild just wasn't into it).

I think many people on the prog servers would enjoy some fabled hunting, and since it fits with progression I hope the devs will implement the classic/kunark mobs. I was just judging it based off loot tables - velious fabled seemed pretty gear appropriate, but maybe the mobs are a little too easy considering the difficulty of current raids that drop relatively equal gear.

Just getting this thread out here early so it is noticed and (hopefully) implemented for us in March.
  5. Machen New Member

IIRC on Combine it was an all or nothing thing. Feel free to correct me but from what I understand the first time fabled came out on combine, the gear from some fabled was drastically better than anything else on the server at the time. If they can't or won't unlock just certain eras of fabled, I'd prefer them wait another year till we are up closer to SoF.
  6. Machen New Member

Yeah, memory was correct. Fabled PoP was released on combine in April 2008, right after TSS launch.

http://roiguild.org/2008/04/

No thanks!
  7. Arctic_Slicer Journeyman

Eh I always felt that the fabled mobs were kind of lame and would actually prefer not to see them on the prog servers.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As I pointed out in my post, Fabled PoP was split between two years. The Raids came out in 2008 (March 16 is always the start date for Fabled), but there were no group PoP mobs those came in 2009.
  9. Machen New Member

Yes, and what I was pointing out is that on Combine ALL of the fabled content that was active on live was included in 2008, despite the server being only in TSS, resulting in out of era and overpowered gear. I am guessing they don't currently have the code to activate only certain parts of it instead of the whole thing.
  10. Elbereth New Member

You could easily be right on them not having the code to activate certain parts of fabled.

On the other hand, just because it was so on the Combine doesn't necessarily mean it's so now. Soe seems to have done a good job tying content, even older content, to specific expansions during the last few years. Things like ooc regen were left off of fippy/vulak at the beginning due to this (tied to TSS), whereas on the Combine ooc regen was around as soon as it was implemented. So, too, with zones by continent - on Combine places like jaggedpine were available at launch, veksar with kunark etc, whereas on fippy/vulak those zones were properly tied to the expansions they were current with. There are many other small examples as well (GL corpse summoners being held out until DoN this time, not PoP, etc), so there is at least hope that fabled mobs could also now be properly assigned to their proper expansions.

Not a huge deal, and I know it's not likely to happen, but would love to see the issue officially addressed before anniversary events begin.
  11. Carroth New Member

I for one would LOVE to see Era appropriate Fabled content on Fippy and Vulak.

The EQ team announced their 14th Anniversary line-up tonight on Facebook. I guess, barring any official reply here, we will just need to wait untill March 15th to see if anything happens. And then rally the troops for some action if nothing happens. :D
  12. Nollo New Member

I have fond memories back on Live, when Antonica fabled came out, and also Kunark. Me and my Brother made a new toon each of us, and using our mains would go around gearing the newbies with Fabled gear. It was an absolute blast to play those toons together in the fabled equipment, and also revisiting places that we remembered in our leveling days. like Solusek B and Lower Guk....

I mean I love the memories, hence why I am on progression server to begin with. Depriving us of the great fabled events would make be tragic! I really hope they can release just Antonica and Kunark fabled events for us this year..... would be excellent!
  13. fastboy21 Augur

They should be released. Only reason they won't is if the devs can't devote the time to make it happen. I have no idea how hard/easy it is to implement, but it could next to impossible for the devs to implement some events without all.

It would clear things up if a dev just told us.
  14. Nolrog Augur

They have teh ability to flag things to spawn or not on the progression servers based on which expansion is open. That helps them control out of era stuff.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I can confirm that upto and including Kunark fabled are in game on vulak.. after scouting afew zones in luclin and PoP i couldnt find any fabled in those zones. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post seams to have hit the nail on the head.