Whats next for the returning player from 9 years ago.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Contu1, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Contu1 New Member

hey all,

Well I am debating with myself... as you all are aware by now I returned to this game from a 9 year break, and I am currently a silver member, cause I am being cheap. Through an In-game item i was able to unlock an addition character slot (which I was about to buy cause I have 4 character, war, cler, druid, and SK (druid and SK are from when i played 9 years again so I get to play them now)). I also have 1100 sc. So i have been debating with myself... I can either unlock 1 race and 1 class... or unlock 3 races... For those of you that dont know, silver members (when making new characters) only have access to War, Cler, Wiz and Rogue. SO now the debate... I hate pure casters, mage, wiz, chanter, and necros.... I prefer Hybrids and straight melee.... (I have a War and a SK as stated earlier). Back in the day I had a ranger, which i loved, however I dont seem to be able to find him, even a TSR couldnt find him. ah well... SO i was debating making one of those or a Zerker, they sound fun, more dmg less armor version of a warrior. I have access to a lvl 38 pally, on another acct, so I dont need one of those. However a Beastlord looks like hella fun.

Now before you guys start making suggestions, I will inform you that 95% of my play time I am solo... I am in a guild, however most of the toons there are lvl 90+ currently my highest lvl on that server is 46... Right now just from lvling up i have a good collection of leather and chain armors. If i was to go Ranger it would be wood elf, Beastlord I was thinking either Ogre troll or Vah Shir, Zerker I would go Barbarian or Ogre.

Whats your thoughts.
  2. Nick Elder

Since you like to solo- I would go BST for sure. They're one of the best solo classes in the game (especially at high level). Zerker usually have more DPS but Bst lords have Slow>>>>>. doesn't matter if mobs summon & adds can usually be handled with pet off tanking (once pet has agro on add make it assist your target.. If ye do the math the mobs will dish out less damage cuz 1 dies quicker)

I main was a BST a few years ago when I was playing often and I was able to solo/molo some ridiculous targets. Some epic fights for alts/ fabled mobs that 95% of people couldnt solo. This was at LvL 80 but from what I've heard is BST still solo very good at level 90-100

They have everything it takes to solo. Slow, heal, tank/off tank/, buffs, pet complete heal (very clutch for adds at high level) defensive disc for when things get messy, haste/ mana regen..... It's the whole package in 1

Necro/ Druids solo well but they can't solo if mobs summon. People say Mage solo very well but I've never played one. As for melee.... BST dominate
  3. Sinestra Augur

Beastlords are still really powerful and of your choices it would be the most solo/molo friendly without as much investment.

Rangers are great, but they require a ridiculous amount of AAs, as do Paladins and SKs, but tanks require a great deal more gear and AAs than any other class to be useful for anything and usually only come into their own later in the game. A Beastlord will be able to solo better earlier.
  4. Sebbina Augur

I suggest you wait until the adjustments for F2P are updated as the race class options are being improved- all classes/races open, along with other changes.
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Sinestra Augur

Yes I forgot to mention this in my post, but then they haven't said when it will happen so it could be a week or a month. They did say though that they want to push it out as fast as possible so it might be available next week with the patch.
  6. Talif Augur

They actually *did* say when it would be available. "As of mid-next week, we're going to be removing the following free-to-play restrictions". So coming with the patch seems like a reasonable assumption, since that generally falls on Tuesday.
  7. Contu1 New Member

oh another quick question, since i cannot find the answer in the forums, although can't say i looked all that hard. I heard something that mentioned that if I bought RoF that I would get the 18th expansion as well... is that only with collectors or with the standard addition as well??
  8. Borek-VS Augur

RoF gets you VoA as well; it doesn't matter which version you buy.
  9. Sinestra Augur

Actually patches usually fall on Wednesdays.
  10. Sebbina Augur

I logged into a F2P account and the class / races are now open as well as all bag slots, the common bank slot is also now available. Crescent Reach is the only starting city option, though it is easy to learn just one city, didn't look for other changes that may have been listed for Free accounts.
  11. Contu1 New Member

Yes I noticed on my lunch that all races and classes are unlocked and I am back to my old way... I made 3 new characters, Iskar Bst, Vah Shir Bard and a Wood elf ranger, lol... On top of my already growing toons population, DE SK, Barb War, WE druid, Human Cleric, lol.. hehehe I just cant decide, lol.