Aug dreamlist for wizards, other lesser silkies can...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by YAZZ, Mar 5, 2013.

1. YAZZ New Member

contribute if they like.

Focusing first on Heroic Int, followed by spell damage/mana/Mana regen/clairvoyance

Here is a list of all the augs that i think are suitable for our purposes. However as you can see, 2 slots remain empty, my list comes from HoT, VoA and RoF. Is there anything worthy in earlier expacs or something ive missed/havent considered? Let me know plz !

1. Red Eye of Gosik
    2. The Warden's Glacial Stare
    3. Crystallized Slug
    4. Shaded Orb of Infusion
    5. Afton's August Amethyst
    6. Jyleel's Seal
    7. Raze's Brainstem
    8. Dahlena's Pommel Gem
    9. Eye of Rot
    10.Stone of the Landing
    11.Stone of the Crystal Circle
    12.Frozen Orb of the Fabled King
    13.Double Pronged Grendlaen Incisor
    14.Shimmering Heart of the Phantasm
    15.Bloodfeather's Eye
    16.Sliver of Fear
    17.Tantarene Gem of Heretical Power
    18.Eye of Rot
    19. ?
    20. ?
    All of these are fairly easy to obtain, except...
    Of course the frozen orb is slow in coming, (reward for finishing all RoF group missions) also the Double pronged grendaen Incisor comes from deep Sepulcher.... 0.o
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

A few other options:

Mana laminated gear set - anniversary stuff
    Annealed mana conductorn - anniversary stuff
    Jewel of the flame alchemist - Underfoot
    Flame of Vox - updated permafrost.
    Gold plated contact spring model ___ - dragons, dragons, dragons.
    Stone of the sovereign - Underfoot
  3. YAZZ New Member

updated permafrost and dragons, dragons, dragons are available permanantly? also anyone have an easy way to get `the sepulcher aug?
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Mana Regen is worthless as you should be hitting the worn cap already without it I believe? I haven't run the numbers lately on group gear.
    Clairvoyance is next to worthless. It has a 2% proc chance. To put it another way, if you had 100 Clairvoyance on augs, you would get back ~2 mana per spell you cast.

I'll make a list, but I'll say right now the LDoN Specialize Evocation aug should be #1 on your list.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

No, like the anniversary augs, they are only available for a limited time.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

Crystalline Tear - 110h 155me 5hWis/Int 4sd 4heal
    Jewel of the Flame Alchemist - 100h 140me 5hWis/Int
    Stone of the Sovereign - 110h 130me 5hWis/Int 4sd 4heal
    Jewel of the Self - 35ac 75me 6hWis/Int

Those 4 are from UF and easy as it not hard certainly applies to Level 85 content but they are very time consuming if you have to flag and probably terrible XP to camp the augs.

Bloodbound Ruby - 100h 130me 4hWis/Int
    Patch of Sporali Skin - 105h 125me 4hWis/Int 3heal
    Mephit Blood Stone - 140h 195me 7hCha

First two from unflagged UF zones, 3rd from Valley, no flagging so pretty easy to get 200ish mana augs.

Blood-Soaked Spellstone - 28ac 130hme 8hDex 8sd 8heal

That's the only spldmg aug with relatively low mana you're likely to consider not on your list.

14th Anniversary in 11 days will most likely mean new augs and makes older augs available too, Steel Behemoth pickup raid wouldn't take many people and can get both augs by doing it twice, guaranteed reward:

Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour (Steel Behemoth)
    AC: 25 HP: +200 MANA: +200 ENDUR: +200
    STR: 0+2 DEX: 0+2 STA: 0+2 CHA: 0+2 WIS: 0+3 INT: 0+3 AGI: 0+3
    SV CORRUPTION: +15 Attack: +10 Clairvoyance: 20 Spell Dmg: 10 Heal Amount: 10

Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour (Steel Behemoth)
    AC: 35 HP: +140 MANA: +140 ENDUR: +140
    STR: 0+3 DEX: 0+2 STA: 0+3 CHA: 0+2 WIS: 0+2 INT: 0+2 AGI: 0+2
    SV CORRUPTION: +15 Attack: +10 Clairvoyance: 20 Spell Dmg: 10 Heal Amount: 10

Evo aug as mentioned is worth getting, stick it in the best Slot8 ranged item you can get your hands on if you don't raid.
  7. Thovos New Member

Pretty sure the incisor drops in the CoB 1 mission, which is ridiculously easy to farm
  8. Hahlfwit Augur

This
    Tweyne's Stone of Evocation
  9. Mintalie Augur

Thirding. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200, go get this aug. :)
  10. Mookus Augur

I was just about to ask about the ldon +15% specialize evocation aug (twenye's stone of evocation) when I saw this thread. I recently found it on an old piece of gear in my bank.

It is +15% spec Evoc (+40 max)

I'm kind of loathe to decide what aug i will replace with it. Just what does +40 spec evoc do?
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

Saves 2% of the base mana cost of every Evo spell.

So every RoF Ethereal cast, even Eth Cold Rk.1, you save over 70mana unless you use Gift of Mana to cast the spell.
  12. YAZZ New Member

So mana regen , clairvoyance are uselss or fractional enhancements not worth worrying about. As far as I can see the evoc aug is unique, everything else is a balance of Heroic Int, Mana and spell damage.
    I dont really have time but can we try compile an ordered list of the 20 most valuable augs. Perhaps having a separate list for the anniversary/non permenant events, because the list should be valid until next expac, of course we can keep adding to it and knocking old ones off the list as new conent is released.

If someone is mathmatically inclined we can give the stats a score and rate the augs like that. For example Heroic Int = 10 points, 25 mana = 5points, spell damage = 5 points. Then using math we can give each aug its relative score.
  13. Khoza Augur

Also note that you listed Eye of Rot twice, numbers 9 and 18.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, you can already do that (sorta) with raidloot. Here is a list based on mana:

http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&augslot=7,8&order=Mana&view=Table

Note that this factors in Heroic Int. Also note that it lists where each aug is from, and that special events like the Anniversary events are shown in grey. Finally, note that the Living Legacy augs are not on that list. They were removed because there are like 40 versions of each aug and they cluttered up the list and messed it up.

Here is a list based on Spell Damage:

http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&augslot=7,8&order=SpellDmg&view=Table

I would also say to keep in mind that AC and HP are also important. Having an extra 1k hp can mean the difference between dying and living, and can be worth more than the few mana points you will trade for it. Trading 200 HP for an extra 30 mana is foolish.
  15. YAZZ New Member

Thanks Beimeth, www.raidloot.com was just i was after =D.

HP are really important for unavoidable aoe damage, but is AC important? if a wiz is getting beat on either you or your raid/group is doing something wrong. To that effect the CA/CS AAs are a very low priority for a wiz...i think...am i right?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, I wouldn't say AC is _important_ for us, but I would say it isn't worthless like many think. I'll take 35 AC over an extra 35 mana any day. The small increase in defense for the times I do get hit is worth more to me than a measly 35 mana.
  17. Pirlo Augur

+1

Once in a while I will join the purple club and be thankful I am a HP centric wizard
  18. Mookus Augur

aug slot4 Acorn of Spite (Sympathetic Strike of Venom V) proc 420 dmg, that is focusable and crittable...

How can I upgrade this aug?
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Is isn't focusable.
  20. Trajet D'Or Augur

You can focus mainly on one stat as some Mages do with SplDmg which makes it really easy to use raidloot.com to sort by that stat and then make a decision on whether or not to use XII Repair Core for max SplDmg or draw some line in the sand.

In terms of HP on augs there is pretty much only two augs you have to think about because of high HP: Malleable Core of the Guardian and Cracked Shard of the Brute. No other aug are you likely to choose mainly because of high HP.

On the other end of the scale there are a bunch of 0hp augs with high mana due to hInt, they (almost) all have AC and some have SplDmg. The starting point is Double Pronged Grendlaen Incisor if you won't use that you won't use any aug with 0hp, if you would use that check out similar augs that are easiest to spot on an hInt sort on raidloot.com and expanding the augs with 0hp.

The other stat to consider is hAgi another easy raidloot.com sort, Frozen Orb is obviously used no matter what stats you care about, the other 4 RoF augs with 8 hAgi are something to think about.

AC is better than not having AC but the problem Wizards have is too many factors work against them, even if you had the same visible AC as a Ranger you would still be very far behind them in ability to reduce melee damage hits. Using AC to choose between 2 similar augs makes sense but most of your aug decisions are likely to be based on other stats.

SvCorruption is another stat to use as a tie-breaker and some Wizards even pursue the stat to some degree.