Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sarah the gamer, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Sarah the gamer Elder

I select my character to play and upon entering the world I crash. Any thoughts, I am runnng the above what the game requires. Also, I can play just fine on my old computer.
  2. yaddab Augur

Just a thought, but if you did a straight copy from old to new comp you may have the wrong video settings in you eqclient.ini, in which case you could alter them manually there (look for [videomode]), or run setup from the patcher.
  3. Sarah the gamer Elder

Drivers updated
    Windows completely updated

I keep getting:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
    program:... nline Etertainment/installedgames/everquest/eqgame.exe

Abnormal program termination

It's funny my old slow computer works, but my new one doesn't?
  4. Sarah the gamer Elder

I just downloaded it straight from the website on my new computer.
  5. TSR-SeanF Augur

The issue you are currently encountering may be the result of a corrupted file located in your EverQuest folder. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI_<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

If your problem persists you may need to change your current resolution settings. Please follow these steps:

1) Open the EverQuest launcher and access the Advanced Tools menu by clicking the button in the lower left-hand corner area of the launcher.

2) Click Game Configuration.

3) Click Next twice until you are at the Engine Settings section. Here you will see a resolution drop down menu. Set the game's resolution to 800x600.

4) Try entering the game again. You should no longer encounter this message. You may need to go back and try a few different resolution settings to find one you are comfortable and will not crash the game.
  6. Sarah the gamer Elder

I did everything you suggested and nothing. Smooth sailing until I try to log into the game it says: Loading zone files, goes full loading bar, and I crash.
  7. TSR-SeanF Augur

My best suggestion in this case would be to open a support ticket with us so we can take a closer look at your system. Please include your dxdiag and msinfo files so we can review your current system information. The instructions on how to contact us with this information can be located in my signature below.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Did you install DirectX 9 on your new computer? The last time I remember, the LaunchPad does not check to see if you have it on your computer. It should do so and offer to install it if you do not have it, but I don't think it does that.

By default, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 do not have DirectX 9 installed. You have to install it yourself to get EQ working.

Go to Microsoft's website here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 and run this. It won't hurt and will install / upgrade your DirectX 9 to the latest version.
  9. Cocosu New Member

Just a thought, I just went though with a pair of laptops i bought last thursday, The only difference between the one it would load on and the one it would not was that the Video card on the one that crashed did NOT have its on built in memory, Used stricly shared memory, The one it will load on Had 512MB of Video mem.
  10. Fumen New Member

I am having this same issue.
  11. Fumen New Member

And, have tried everything available on the forums atm.
  12. TSR-SeanF Augur

Please open a support ticket with us and we will be happy to assist you.
  13. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

Fanra is correct. Downloading DX9 will fix 99% of this.