Top 5 AA grinders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Rangers headshotting are very much dependent on gear and heroic dex if they want to do anything like what people here claim they can do.
    Rouan likes this.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

any one who does the collections quests for RoF.
    Shang likes this.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

they probably walk up and down a wall causing the mobs to path poorly.
  4. Tegila Augur

rangers have teh least gear and aa restraints for hs of the 3 instakill classes, and the fewest options available, theyre jsut hte most widely known and used, doesnt make them better. rogues have innate xp bonus (2 if hteyre halfing too) and they and zerkers both have much fewer restraints on where, due to the fact taht they dont need to snare root or have room to range mobs, plus they can assass/decap on a riposte AND have riposte discs. on top of that, they need the fwest aas in game and rangers the most. they do need a bit more gear tahn rgrs since they will take more hits but what i undeerstand is that zerkers also can do on a bigger variety of mobs than rgoues, who do on bigger variety than rgrs simply due to runspeed immunities. there are simply far more rgrs in game than the other 2 classes so its more prominent.

for sks, we're very good at it, to a point, and with tons of aa/gear/weaon/mob constraints. being that we have to dps all the mobs down tank all the mobs, and can not do greens, at lvl 100 its pretty nearly obsolete (certainly not great anymore) and the game itself did that on its own as the hp/attk of mobs jumps up significantly from low 80s to 85+ while our dps doesnt go up 5-10fold from 95 to 100. we kill more at the same time but with more restrictions and if you're asking at lvl 100, those restrictions make it nearly impossible if you're in group gear, and not very lucrative for the effort. next year unless knights get a huge dps increase (since mobs in uf/hot to voa didnt get as big of increases as they did from sod to uf/hot) then swarming will be dead by lvl 105, raid gear or not.
  5. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

im pretty sure a t1 half t2 raid geared sk can swarm in CoB.
  6. Ehff New Member

I'd like someone to go into more detail on how mages beam kite. I've tried to beam kite on my mage, and I can say I die more than I find an effective way of grinding aa's with.
  7. Tegila Augur

keyword is RAID geared. i said, unless ou're raid geared swarming is pretty useless at 100

also what yo uconsider swarming and what an sk considers swarming may be quite different. swarming for us isnt 5-6 mobs every 20 minutes for a small bump in xp. there are many zones that can be "swarmed" when needed, as in you use swarm tactics to knock down a small train or when your healer dies, but its not the same as swarming itself.
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

really?!?!? i never knew that sk's had different idea's on terms then necros or other classes cause i dont have friends in eq or play more then one class and 5-6 mobs in 20 minutes i do 5-6 mobs in 2 minutes.
  9. Hatsee Augur

Sk's pull entire zones and laugh at your few dead corpses as they wade through piles of guts and goo left over from their lag inducing slaughter.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

apparently nothing over light blue con though from this post.
  11. Tegila Augur

i didnt say 5-6 mobs IN 20 minutes i said every 20 minutes (refresh timer on the major items used for swarm-type killing harder hitting/higher hp mobs) just saying that sks dont swarm cob. period. we might use swarm tactics at times there, but swarm tactics are part of our tanking ability period. saying that we swarm in cob is just incorrect. some do swarm in SL though, on certain mobtypes, and in some parts of HoT, but not at the reward we did previously in other zones. the difference in waht the public thinks swarming is and what it really is is jsut huge, so its pretty annoying when statements lik you made are posted publicly, the public's view of swarming and what it can and cant do and what it is and isnt used for, is one of the biggest things keeping sks form getting anything new that we do need.
  12. Ronak Augur

Swarming is so 2009. Pick up shinies now if you want to EXP.
    Rouan likes this.
  13. Hingabe Augur

My fingers get tired from running in huge circles.. i can really knock out some AAs on my bard, but after a single lesson burn.. im burned out. I'm right there with you, I would MUCH rather pull constantly in a good group. the exp isnt much worse honestly, but i dont get bored, or arthritis.
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Notinterested Augur

But as gear and AA is gained a sk becomes more efficient and faster. Rangers top out pretty easily.
  15. Tegila Augur

an sk needs a minimum amt of gear/aas to even start. much moreso than a ranger. a ranger can start hsing and farming gear for themselves at 90 with a few hundred aas an a good bow, maybe a quiver (not required, jsut faster) an sk need a lot lot more of both to swarm as we cant swarm greens. hs works on greens, mortal coil doesnt. rgr hs is a litlte less xp at 100 than it was a 95 but its still doable, bc you can still kill greens as i said, sk swarming is much harder/less useful at 100 bc non-green mobs are required and those mobs have far mroe hps/atk than the low 80s ones dide, whereas yo ucan kill mobs lot faster with 500k hps than we can. at 95 its neck and neck, but still better with less gear/aas for rgr
  16. Notinterested Augur

Its true that RoF put a hurtin on Swarming but its still better off than HS is atm. It was not neck and neck at 95. SKs have a clear advantage at that level. I already said rangers can get by with far less the point i was making is that for a SK the ore AA and better gear the better swarming gets. For rangers you hit a plateau very quickly.

Why would you even want to kill greens? You're better off killing DBs one by one than swarming or HSing greens.
  17. silku Augur

That's the only way to do it solo, is to abuse the system. Using a paladin to swarm and beaming with the mage works really well, but that method involves two people so...
  18. Brohan07 Journeyman

Having just started in RoF after a time off, I have been doing merc and partisan quests. I hear folks talk about these collection quests. Do you get them just like a normal quest from an NPC or is there some sort of magic to get them started, like.. err just pick up a shinny thing on the ground? I did some searching and I just find that it seems many of these items are bugged etc. Anyone have a link? On eq resource I can see the various merc and partisan quests but this seems to be eluding my tired old eyes.
  19. Buds Augur

Ok up to level 99, SK will smoke anyone getting exp. Rangers used to be awesome, but he not working ae and the stagnation of hs lowers their exp ability a lot. Don't write off zerkers, decapitated lightblue with a healer merc for fast exp!! Necros are very good too as you can kill yellow+ cons solo.
  20. silku Augur

In game, type /ach and click on collections. That will open up the list. Each of those collections has a reward of xp or AA. (some even give gear when you complete an arc.) All you do is collect each item in the list and it finishes it. You pick up the yellow orbs int he appropriate zones, then right click the item to collect it.