Returning and starting over

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gual, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Gual New Member

The last expansion I played was planes of power. I am starting on a different sever(vox) this go around.
    I used to play an ogre shaman and loved it but want to try something else this time. I was thinking either a pally or sk. I was wondering if over the time I have been gone if race selection would make a difference for either class. Thank you for any help given in advanced.
  2. Synthemesc Journeyman

Ogres have immunity to frontal stuns, which is perfect for an SK.

Since it's not an option for Paladins, and starting stats are irrelevant for the most part when wearing defiant gear, your racial choice here will be a matter of taste. Drakkin get a breath weapon you can work on with associated quests and lore, if that's your thing.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

Frontal stun immunity also comes with AAs for any race, so even that's not really an issue.
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Pick race based entirely on how it looks IMO, unless it's a chanter or a rogue who can easily change appearance.

There is no racial bonus that makes any sort of real difference in the modern game play.
  5. Synthemesc Journeyman

If he wants to wait for the levels and the AA, that's his choice.

Since he's starting anew, it will make getting there a bit easier. I know it did for me.
  6. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Bards, too! The only time I appear as Vah Shir is if I just got ressed or use the Vah Shir mask (haha).
  7. Borek-VS Augur

Actually, there is one...

Size! Ogres and trolls (and, too a slightly lesser extent) Vah Shir can get stuck in places like SolA. It's a nuisance to a group if you have to shrink the tank or melee classes every time they get rezzed or zone. So gnomes, halflings and dwarves have this as a minor advantage. You can counterbalance this to a degree with ant potions or shrink clickies, but they are rather slow.