total noob seeking info

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by fsoded, Jan 24, 2013.

1. fsoded New Member

Hello so I've never played eq on PC before but I did play the PlayStation 2 ever quest online adventures. I really miss that game and decided to give eq1 a try, and since its free to play now that makes it all the better.
    So signed in and it said vox is the noon server, what exactly does that mean? What server should I start up on?

Also I keep reading about these mercs, are these purchased via in game money or through station cash? Is it possible to get station cash by playing the game? And what are these kronos thing I've kinda been reading about.
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

The server you chose to play on dosent really make a diffrence, they advise you as to wich server they think will be ideal. Mercs are bought with in game money. You cannot earn SC by souly playing the game, however if you are a payed memmber on a reoccuring subcription plan you recive 500SC per month. Kronos are away to buy and trade account time within the game, you buy them with SC. Idealy Kronos are not best to buy for self uses, you are better off signing up for a subcription.
  3. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I would avoid Vox (extremely low population) and just pick a populated normal server. Which one does not really matter much at all.
  4. Kaushi Razorgrin Elder

Kronos are bought with money, not SC, to clarify. It's a legal way to buy plat. You pay for the membership, then sell it in the bazaar.

The old video game is absolutely NOTHING like the actual EQ. The video game kind of annoyed me to be honest, though my husband and some friends liked it a lot.

The Antonius Bayle server is the euro server, the timelocked servers are servers that haven't unlocked all the expansions yet (a server generally doesn't have to do this, it's just that these servers let people play the game like it used to be) Otherwise just pick a server. Then do the tutorial, because that helps a lot, as do the other quests in the tome you get when you start.
  5. Shang Augur

What word is censored?

Newb?
    N00b
    Noob

lol, nice
    Synthemesc likes this.
  6. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

Sad day when the word "n00b" is sensored on the forums... lol
    Synthemesc likes this.
  7. anthraciteMT Journeyman

Since TC said he is trying the game out because it is free, he most likely will not even know what the Time Locked Progression servers are since he can't see them.

If you go to the EverQuest home page, you can see the population gauges for each server. Just pick one that you think looks good, and test out the waters. From my understanding, the new in game Tutorial for new players is fairly thorough and will probably answer most of your general questions.
  8. Synthemesc Journeyman

Lawl... FNG is cool but "n00b" is censored and is a lot more tame.
  9. Gladare Augur

I may be wrong, but I think this guage varies. It's important to check it during the hours you will be playing.
    anthraciteMT likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yes, the gauge reflects the current status; so if you look at 1am, it will be different than if you look at 7pm or noon.