Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I have to eat my words they didn't change squat.

Hope they enjoy those 100 to 200 subs on Tormax while thousands quit Teek because the server is melting. Just poor business planning from a bunch of tech folks - who would have thought.

DPG should post some job openings for business decision making.
    OldTimeEQ1 and dwiguslowater like this.
  2. Magneress Augur

Lotta anger in there young padawan.
  3. Intercept Augur

If your playing this game for loot then your better off with a dif game imo.
  4. Ddezul Augur

Replace 'loot' with 'krono' and you may soon gain wisdom.
  5. Artanthos Journeyman

1. People get very offended whenever something comes out that is not to their personal taste.
    2. People want said thing to go away, so as not to offend them.
    3. People feel the need to justify this position, even if there are plenty of people who would gain enjoyment from the thing.
  6. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

I dont want Tormax to fail, i want it to be better than this boring standard thing no one really cares for
    Zinth likes this.
  7. Intercept Augur

Man I love gaining krono as much as the next guy, but the only reason building krono is fun is cause once your max level/aa there really isn't much to do other than raid and log so playing your maxed out guy to make krono just kind of gives you some reason to keep logging that guy in.

Even that tho, if your not having fun with other people and your looking primarily to loot items there are much better options then EverQuest out there
  8. Intercept Augur

That is literally the reason this game is still running because of that "boring standard" game.

If you want something new load up steam, much better options
  9. Crashdummy Elder

I plan to start a character on both servers and see which I prefer, it is going to be hectic for a while to sort out which way to go.
  10. Glyndus Journeyman

On the contrary I feel like Teek won't be nearly as sweaty or competitive simply because the random ruleset limits the capacity to do so. The hardcore folks can't monopolize all the camps for the good items because those items can drop basically anywhere.

But that said I'm not at all hoping Tormax will fail. I hope the folks who choose to play there have fun and their server ends up being successful. I personally find the ruleset of Teek to be more interesting. Looking forward to playing there as my first ever TLP experience. Leaning strongly toward a troll shadowknight to start. Any groups out there want a tank? :D
  11. Lejaun Augur

And who makes up the bulk of the TLPs? It would be nice if it were new players, but that isn't true. Very few people who play EQ and on TLPs are brand new players. Most of them are ones who have played TLPs before. That isn't an idea. It's fact, sadly. Not trying to argue with you, it is just what it is.
  12. Zinth Augur

this right here... it is pretty much just a "standard" server... I personally expected a LOT MORE from anniversary TLP's... 25 years is huge... and then this? meh
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  13. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

I should have clarified, people tend to not understand the meaning - I naturally was referring to the ruleset of the standard, boring server
  14. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

They should just hire someone that actually played the game they keep peddling every year honestly - They are completely out of touch with a large portion of their playerbase
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. AzzlannOG Elder

I think is a weird take. People can see the fact that Tormax is going to be vastly outshined by Teek. No one wants it to fail, but it's heading that way and they should make some changes before its to late.
  16. Cfuson Journeyman

Just like Oakwynd is going to be DOA when Teek/Tormax launches, Tormax will be DOA when next year's TLP launches. The people who are going to play on Tormax are the yearly rerollers so no big loss there.

Teek will continue to live on, just like Mischief did.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  17. Twizle Lorekeeper

tormax has more eu guilds than oakwynd
  18. Elabone Augur

Noone wants any TLP to fail. The funny thing is, the people who, at least on the forums, that are going to play on Tormax keep refering to themselves as "old school" eq players. Which likely means they will play until sometime in pop and then quit. Coincidentally right in time for next years TLP.

If this is your measure of a successful server, than sure, Tormax will be fine. It really only needs to last 1 year. But weve seen other servers that have had healthy populations much much longer.

Is alot of the concern about Tormax because people know Teek will be slammed with a queue for the first month? ...sure. People wish that DPG had any amount of common sense and took the slightest about of time to think about whats going to happen and plan for it. The simplest plan would just be to have made 2 "Teek" servers and commit to merging them next summer regardless of population sizes. They didnt do that. They didnt even release a second "Teek" server.

If you have a guild ready to roll on Tormax youll probably be fine. If a random player starts there 2 months into the release, they will probably struggle a bit. Doesnt mean its a dead server. Its just going to be dwarfed in population compared to Teek. Much in a way that weve never seen before with 2 servers being released at the same time. And thats what people are chiming in about. In all of the other situations where 2 servers were released at the same time, the less populated server has struggled (and that was with both servers sharing the same ruleset).

I dont care if you play on Tormax, I dont care how long Tormax is healthy, I DO care about Teeks launch, and havent seen 1 word from DPG how they plan to manage it. I would imagine most people talking about Tormax are worried about the same thing and they know its more likely they get DPG to make changes by bringing up the fact that the population will be HEAVILY favored onto Teek.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  19. Sheila Elder

Yup, they had a chance to split the servers more evenly and failed miserably.