Name /Reservation, How can I tell if I have a 200+, 100+, 50+ day character?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Apr 25, 2024.

1. MMOer Augur

Name /Reservation, How can I tell if I have a 200+, 100+, 50+ day character?

Just tried and it only recognizes the character you are currently logged in on.
    You have to do it on the 200+ 100+ 50+ day character.

I have lots of accounts and characters over the years
    How can I tell what my characters are and the days played on each?
    Is there a list of characters per account someplace on the website?
  2. Kahna Augur

Nope.

Best start checking them all manually.
  3. MMOer Augur

• For 499 DBC, a name can be reserved for an existing character with a minimum level and played time.
      • The character’s name must pass all character creation name validity checks.
      • The character must be level 50 or higher for any of the character’s personas.
      • Tiered Played Time Requirements determine when the current character's name can be reserved.
        • When you try to reserve a name, it will check against the active tier and won't allow the reservation if you have less played time.
          • 200 days (4800 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 4/24/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
          • 100 days (2400 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 5/1/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
          • 40 days (960 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 5/8/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
          • 10 days (240 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 5/15/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
      • On launch day, any non-reserved names are first-come, first-served.
    • The “/reservename” command can be used to open a window on demand to reserve your name as well as view your existing reservation(s) and current and next reservation tiers.
    • Characters with recently changed names will not be eligible for 30 days after the name change.
    • Reservations will last a year after the server launches.
    • Reservations will be consumed when the character with that name is created.
      • You cannot get this reservation back once you have created a character with this reservation. If you delete or rename the character on the new server, this name will be released and will be able to be used by any account.
    • Reservations can only be made from Live servers. Test characters cannot be used to reserve names.
  4. MMOer Augur

Cant tell what character has played time and have to pay for it???

I'll just play as Jobroner for all that mess.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You just need to type /played and that will tell you how many days you have played among other things.

Total time playing X : 748 days, 12 hours, and 30 minutes
  6. MMOer Augur

Or you can type /res.

The point is, its a lot of krono and a lot of bother to activate all accounts and check every character on every server.

I assumed it would be smart enough to list out all characters on the account at least.

A web interface would have been better.
  7. ayoforYayoh Augur

unless you have the most boring, cookie cutter, overused names picked out i don't think this is truely something you should put a lot of worry into
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Paying to reserve a name ROFL!
  9. Stagentti Augur

Why do you have to spend krono to check your played time?

Leave em unsubbed, hit /played, rinse and repeat.
  10. Celatusp99 Augur

if they are on TLP's

My problem is characters on the wrong accounts from where I want them so not bothering plus its not worth the 500db cash the names I use are not from game of thrones or lord of the rings so I'm not real worried about it.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they had that kind of information available wouldn't we be able to log into a character directly from the patcher? Or at least wouldn't we be able to log in without having to choose a server first? The fact that we need to log into every server to find what characters we have on them suggests to me that they don't have that information easily available.
  12. Crashdummy Elder

It is not necessary to be all access to log in a player- likely with some levels- the played request is on the first page of hotkeys, or just type /played. Unless you only played on TLP servers, if you played on a regular server for any amount of time, there should be one.
  13. Doezit Lorekeeper

It's not that easy to get to 200 days. My original toon that I played thru the original POP era has only 136 days played. That said, I would be unlikely to pay for a name.
  14. Tachyon Augur

18 years on my account, but no single toon played more than 50 days, that a long time on one tune.
  15. Stagentti Augur

My main and a few boxes on FV are well past 200

"Played"? No.

"Sit in the MGB pile afk for hours on end over a period of time?" Yes lol.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was actually surprised how few days some of my chars have.
  17. Demetri Augur

But bazaar mules will have thousands of days!
  18. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

the /played on each of my TLP Chars (Combine, Ragefire, Phinegel, Mischief, OAkwynd) is depressingly a large number :(

19. niente Developer

It would be nice if we could list all the character names and /played time you have - the reason it works this way is because /played information is loaded as part of your character, and loading characters is a performance bottleneck. We can't currently load only specific pieces of player data, we have to load the whole thing, and there isn't currently a way for one server to know about the characters you have on other servers. It's something that could be added, but wasn't done for this project.
    Chikkin, fransisco, kain200 and 4 others like this.
  20. Demetri Augur

Definitely seems like if this proves to be a successful thing that is continued (or a precursor for EQ3 plans, as I suspect it may well be!) that the extra legwork is done in the future.

Right now it's quite the pain point having to figure out and build spreadsheets to track which chars have which /play'ed for this for those of us with many servers we've called home over 25 years.