The game is stealing my shadowspike arrows

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by valhala4, Apr 23, 2024.

1. valhala4 New Member

I spent hours on this. I foraged, made juices, went through SoF Tradeskill Quest #5: Counting Shadows. I even bought a no fail potion to make 15 of these arrows. Then I looked at the quest and it said if you give one to Eron, you might be able to continue the quest. Only the game then took all my shadowspike arrows. So I petitioned. The GM gave me back the shadowspike arrows. I had made more shadowspike arrows before the GM gave the original ones back. So I thought I was good until I went to shoot my bow and nothing happened. The game took all the arrows I made. And it seems likely that if a GM were to give me even one back, it would likely disappear. Please oh please can I have my arrow back? I have logs from April 21 at 11:24 showing me looting swirling shadow essences. So likely I made most slightly after that.
    niente likes this.
  2. valhala4 New Member

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are expendable. So every time you shoot, even if you don't hit anything it will eat that arrow. Arrows are consumed so fast when you bow that these are not very good arrows to keep using outside of that quest. That and the time and effort it takes to make them turns them into a bad arrow.

The best arrow in the game is the Ancient Arrows - you will only ever need 1 if you have the AA Endless Quiver.

Use a quiver - the best is Prescient Fleeting Quiver

And of course you will eat every arrow you use until you get the AA Endless Quiver. But even with that it will eat the Shadowspike arrows
    niente and GNOME_POWER like this.
  4. Monkeychunks Augur

Yeah those are the most useless arrows in the game. They have that great damage stat on them but it takes so much to make them that its not worth it. They are only good for that one quest. I did the same thing you did and made a ton of them and burned thru them all the first time I used them in battle.

Another arrow that we rangers use that is expendable are CLASS 3 Wood Silver Tip Arrow. These are used in our Heartline spells which start around level 85 ish. And Endless Quiver does not apply to these. But they are way easy to make. Like total cost 3 plat and takes 4 minutes or less.

Sorry this happened to you but its not worth wasting the time and effort worrying about it or trying to get them back as they will get eaten up again.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  5. Lianeb Augur

AMA Thread

Q: Ancient Arrows have been around since The Darkened Sea. Any chance of an upgrade?
    Ngreth: At this time it is unlikely. While it may be “boring” to use the same ammo, it is also not something that really makes a difference in the combat calculation. The ammo has minimal effect on damage compared to the bow itself. So new arrows would only be for the sake of new arrows, not for any other purpose. They would in effect be the same arrow.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

As Lianeb stated, arrow damage does not matter. You can use Class 1 Wood Point arrows and you'll have the same DPS.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He actually said minimal effect on damage compared to the bow itself.

I tested on dummy.

With class 3 wood silver tip (range 50 dmg 4) and got:
    miss

And with Ancient arrow (range 125 dmg 23)

8. fransisco Augur

This is false. Arrow damage contributes to bow damage and it always has.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is why I posted those dmg above. And apparently it affect accuracy as I missed with the Class 3 arrow and the hits were mostly under 100,000 compared to no misses and all hits over 100,00 with Ancient.
  10. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Maybe back when you were level 12.
  11. fransisco Augur

Arrow damage vs bow damage was normalized a few years ago, so that they became additive. Before that, arrow damage disproportionally increased archery damage - thus why new arrow upgrades were so rare and small.
    This is common knowledge in the ranger community, I invite you to look into it.
  12. Lianeb Augur

I have no dog in this fight.
    Maybe you should try convincing, I don't know, maybe the developer I quoted from the AMA
  13. Egot Elder

Petition to get your arrows back and wait for someone to confirm this bug
  14. Egot Elder

I am assuming you are simping for the last game developer Darkpaw has and that something is bugged and you're gaining favor, the problem is Shadowspike is listed as +50 damage +125 range and failed to give a combat log message in the player's window which is a bug in their logging system, some servers are behing "best in slot" and you are still trying to make this type of problem normal
  15. Egot Elder

They are not "most useless" at the era of obtainment and I personally am having trouble with your "I'm the " point of view. Have a nice night
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Considering my other posts disagrees with the dev on these arrow issues you must lack reading comprehension.

You are assuming he did not see the combat log message and then calling it a game bug when he prob has it covered with another window or filtered to somewhere else. He did not say he did not see the message.

There is no making this normal as this specific arrow was meant for the quest and nothing else. Players are the ones trying to make it what they want.

He already petition once and got those returned. Did you not see that?

What the heck do you mean about the "I am" comment on the other guys post? He said he did the same thing and found it useless. Sorry your "personally" having trouble with that post.

Sounds to me like you have a lot of personal problems with these posts and have contributed nothing but snicking at other's posts. At least the rest of us tried to help with view points of the issue.

If you don't like a post or someone's view then what do you gain by trying to belittle that poster? Shame on you.

Oh, and welcome to /ignore
    Raccoo likes this.