Teek and Tormax are on the horizon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Ilshade Augur

NO - i account pet computer no matter the TLP server
  2. Canloe Nusback Journeyman

I dont't think so. True box rules do only affect one server.

@devs
    You should add more features to Tormax which is currently Boremax, if it is not meant to be the designated looser: Heirloom for most items and Encounter Locking as on Oakwynd. Oakwynd's population is already going down drastically, and some of it's players and previous players, could be interested in starting over on Tormax.
  3. Sheila Elder

There's a whole thread that has tons of ideas, some very little effort. Them launching this as-is is pretty depressing. I was hoping for more since they've listened in the past and altered rules. I really wish they would have put in some effort for the 25th.
    Tulisin_Dragonflame likes this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

When Tormax reaches live expansion, will it be possible to transfer characters to 'normal' servers (like Luclin, but not FV?)
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With concerns over Teek being bogged down on launch night, would it be possible to unlock the servers for char creation over the weekend before launch to allow players to create 1 char per account. It is something that was done years ago to help with launch.

As I understand it the servers issues stem from players creating chars on opening night.
    cleriche likes this.
  6. kain200 Augur

There's still time. I wouldn't expect it, but they have occasionally made some adjustments. I was really hoping for something involving exp rate or bonuses for Teek so that the name means...anything at all. The grind to 60 right out of the gate is gonna be some serious stuff. Other than that, i'm still happy we got a mischief clone.

I'm far more worried for the prospective Tormax players though. Holy cow, that server needs something. The people who just want another recycled phinny clone experience are gonna find out a hard truth. The rest of us might have been playing there with them if we had no other options this year. Putting up a mischief clone is gonna straight crater Tormax's chances of a decent population. I hope the devs add/change something about Tormax to make it worth logging in at all.
  7. Hamshire Augur

Nah, if they lift true-box now ill need to rename my guild from Five Hour Que to Ten Hour Que and that wouldn't be fair to me and my que enjoyers.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  8. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

+1 for being disappointed they didn't do anything more interesting with Tormax to level out the population. Looking forward to Teek, but not looking forward to the queues.

I assume that the name reservation system is an attempt to cut down on some of that first-week database churn that causes the queues. If that's the case maybe they should just go ahead and say people who use the system (either because they have old characters or because they paid for the privilege) get shorter queues. If we're getting the problem either way you might as well monetize the solution.
  9. Zamazx New Member

Lol it is not like they enforce the truebox much at all. You will see bot armies day 1.
  10. Zamazx New Member

The reason everyone I know left oakwynd was the dupping that destroyed the economy. If they actually did something to fix it I would go back. Plus they need to really enforce true box. There are bots everywhere, and it is not like they are being careful lol.
    Tulisin_Dragonflame likes this.
  11. Taladir Augur

What time do the servers launch on 5/22?
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I don't recall seeing this statement with the Oakwynd announcement. I find it interesting this is part of the server announcement to underscore the information already in the ToS. I will be interested to see how well they actually do enforce it, too.
    Agrippa likes this.
  13. Sheila Elder

Yinla likes this.
  14. Purpledrink New Member

For the love of all that is holy please make an overflow server for Teek. This is going to be utter madness.
  15. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Can't you just enable 2 boxing for Teek? Would make it more fun IMO.
    Sheila and Jamesly like this.
  16. Jamesly New Member

Please open up relaxed boxing on start for Tormax!!!!!!!!!!
    Ragnoruk, Yinla and Sheila like this.
  17. Rodd New Member

This was the last I've heard about it and it's been almost a week and we have heard nothing more. I guess you know what that means. Get ready for the WORST TLP Launch experience EVER! Not looking like we'll see an overflow server.
  18. Sheila Elder

Yeah, I think they spoke volumes when they continued the Tormax train without any changes, unfortunately. Still going to post until the servers launch just because, but not very hopeful to see changes.
    Ragnoruk and Exmortis_MT like this.
  19. Exmortis_MT Augur

Keeping the dream alive!
    Ragnoruk and Sheila like this.