Teek and AoC Lockouts --

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Religious, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Ishbu Augur

I dont enjoy that playstyle at all.

With the Mischief loot there is no loot chase, its just available. You arent chasing it, you just get it, be it through the sheer volume of excess drops directly, handed to you because someone else has more than they care to, or widely available for sale.

Thats not for me. If its for you, fine, to each their own
  2. Kahna Augur

I think you might be missing my point. It's about being casual. If you raid like a sweaty no-lifer, sure, you get stuff too easily. If you only raid 2 nights a week and never split raid, it's pretty much the perfect amount of loot to just get everything you need right before the new expansion drops. So now casuals with their limited play times can get exactly the same dopamine hits you did with your plethora of playtime on other servers.

I'm not saying you need to like it, I'm say casuals get the same feeling of chasing loot, and actually getting it, on random loot servers that you did on regular ones. It's why we like it, because we can accomplish everything you did in a fraction of the time commitment. Cause that's all we have to give, a fraction of the time commitment.
    Sheila likes this.
  3. Sheila Elder

I truly like the idea of being able to get the drops that people want. The worst feeling in past TLPs and even on live, are the people that put in the time but missed a drop because we had 10 monks and 10 monk fists don't drop!
    Laronk likes this.
  4. Brazy Augur

Alts/Personas should have their own separate lockouts for task/AoC. Free trade is an alt friendly rule set, please let us level alts and have the option to raid on multiple characters!!
  5. fransisco Augur

Welcome to everquest? Outside of super tryhard guilds, you never have 100% of people getting 100% of the drops they want
  6. Ishbu Augur

Nope not missing the point, you arent getting mine. I could raid 0 nights a week and still have everything because of how much is available.

The fact you think anyone on a TLP no life raids and that lockouts even allow for that makes me think you might not really have a good indication of how much you can get done in a little time in this game.
  7. Kahna Augur

There are definitely different levels of raiding. Some guilds raid 2 nights a week and never split, some raid 3 nights and split as much as possible and some do that and kill open world targets on respawn. Those are all going to give the guilds involved vastly different amounts of loot. Casuals also don't have the time outside of raids to set themselves up to be as successful as folks who play hardcore.

Most casuals are just going to cruise through the game, they aren't out there on the bleeding edge. They aren't out there min-maxing their playtime or wealth. They're happy to wait and see if an item drops on their twice a week raids. It is possible to play casually and have just the right amount of loot on random loot servers. I get it if you can't play that way, I married someone who can't play games that way.

Random loot is a casual's paradise, I can see how hardcore players could find it "too easy" or boring. Most of us love it though.
  8. Zansobar Augur

The masses spoke and made Mischief the most popular server in EQ history. They probably shouldn't mess with what isn't broken.
    MileyVyrus likes this.
  9. Elabone Augur

I hate to break it to you, but noone who is selling massive amounts of loot is going to have multiple alts on the same account. It provides 0 benefit. They will just have more accounts, and this change wouldnt benefit them near as much as some casual who just likes to raid on his alt.
  10. Ddezul Augur

Disagree.
  11. Soriano Augur

The reason I like the concept of Free Trade/Random Loot is a Aten Ha Ra drop Mail of Judgement.

In 12 kills of this Raid I have seen it drop twice, once I lost the bid to a Shaman and the other it was simply award to a cleric "for the good of the guild" which to me was bullsh*t.

So 25 years in and never gotten a Mail of Judgement in ERA for my Druid. Although I did not play for 11 years from late 2012 to Oakwynd in 2023.

My Druid on Oakwynd wears the Grand Tunic of the Oracle since LDoN launched. Only killed Aten Ha Ra once on Oakwynd and it did not drop.
  12. Doze Augur

The amount of gear that I never got in ERA for whatever class I have been maining on any specific server throughout the years is staggering.
    It either never dropped when I was present, DKP was too low to win the bids or it was awarded to someone else "for the best of the guild" as you said* (far too often it was just plain nepotism and guild never actually benefitted from it).
    But that is just how EverQuest plays out for most people.
    You'll almost never get everything that you want in ERA (or in a few cases - ever).

I assume you wanted the Mail of Judgment for the mana regen? (Alteration matters less - only affects fizzlerate)
    If not then there are other options in PoP that might even be better:
    Immaculate Vest of the Fire Tyrant from Fennin Ro, Plane of Fire
    Kerasha's Sylvan Tunic pattern for Elemental Leather armor quest from Bertoxxulous or Quarm, Plane of Time B (Specialize Alteration boost is much better as it gives non-random mana cost reduction).
  13. Kahna Augur

14. Kahna Augur

Orrrrr, and hear me out on this one, they play on Teek and have a much higher chance of getting it to drop on raids or they can buy it if the RNG never favors them. They don't have to compromise. Also, they were making a point about it being easier to get the items you want on random loot. They weren't looking for gear recommendations, I am sure they are aware of other items they could be wearing.
  15. Doze Augur

For sure, but that won't help chars on other non-FT servers get the desired gear.

On other non-FT servers they might have to.

Lol.
    Yeah, how awfully rude of me to offer some suggestions on available upgrade alternatives after current gear was specifically mentioned.
    What business is it of yours if I do or not anyway? It was not directed at you.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions on other peoples behalf.
    Some people don't abandon their chars on old servers just because they choose to start up on a new one - and in this case a new server with a completely different ruleset than their old one(s) no less.
  16. Kahna Augur

I mentioned it because you completely missed the entire point of the post. The poster has wanted this 1 item for 25 years, now they have a better chance to get it on free trade and they are excited about that. They didn't ask for runner up item suggestions, they didn't ask you to assume they were oblivious to other armor options. It isn't about the BP at all. You could replace that particular item with literally any other chase item in the game. It is about them being excited about having a much better chance to get an item they have never got before. They played for 25 years. It's more than a little condescending for you to assume they know nothing and start making gear suggestions. After all, they spent the last 25 years wearing something other than the one piece of gear they couldn't get, pretty sure they are well aware of the other options in that era. Unless you are assuming they just ran around without a BP for all of PoP.

Not everyone stops playing on their old server when they start on a new server, but most people do. Even if this poster did keep playing on Oakwynd the server is in GoD now, and they have access to better gear than any of the options you listed.
  17. Raytheon Augur

That's your opinion, and no one is forcing you to raid more if they changed to character or personal lockouts instead of account. Your life would change exactly zero if you didn't take advantage of it, but many, many of us do want to.

Account lockouts are stupid and didn't exist in any EQ instanced content before AOCs. If character lockouts are good enough for the more recent expansion content, why punish TLP players who are a substantial portion of DPG's revenue for literally no discernable reason.
  18. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Wild guess here but Mail of Judgement fixation might just be about the chain graphic.

Fashionquest is the endgame.
  19. Doze Augur

Orrr, maybe you missed part of what the point of it was?
    In any case it was not your place to get outraged about it at all, since:
    1) there was literally nothing to get outraged about
    2) none of what was said included you in the slightest
  20. Doze Augur

That's a valid point.
    Although the Grand Tunic of the Oracle (that was the current BP mentioned - that I made some suggestions to upgrades for) has standard leather graphics.