2024 TLP Expansion Launch Schedule Clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dupre_MIM, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Dupre_MIM Elder

Can we please get clarification specifically on the following:

- Classic and Kunark will be 12 weeks. The producer's letter specifically says Kunark launch with a standard cadence.
    - Standard cadence has changed over the years. Please clarify if LDoN will be 4 or 8 weeks, and whether DoN will continue to be included in OoW, or if it will be a separate expansion. (Hint: Most players seem to favor DoN being included with OoW. Maybe consider PoR with DoD too).

We the players would appreciate this specific piece of information being clarified. Thank you
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Yeah standard is super vague. Almost like they don't even understand what they do.

OG Standard was 12 weeks per expansion. (aradune and older)

Mischief was the first to experiment with 8 weeks for non-level increase expansions and 12 weeks on level increase.

So what is standard. What is consolidated.

The fact that we don't have any details yet means they are making significant changes based on player feedback. That is the one truth we can find in all of the madness.
    Dupre_MIM likes this.
  3. Zansobar Augur

Or they are totally ignoring the player feedback and Tormax will launch and be dead within a month, while Teek will have queues for a month but lose half its player base due to login issues and a lack of a second Teek ruleset server. I wonder which is more likely?
    Indigo_Quarmite and Mashef like this.
  4. Dupre_MIM Elder

I hope they are
    I do hope they are considering player feedback. Really though just some clarification and communication would be appreciated.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

It seems you don't understand either because Aradune had 8 week non level increase expansions. Aradune is in one right now with COTF. Mangler also had it. Coirnav had it as well. Mischief was not the first to do it.

Mischief was the first to shorten early era level increase expansions like Kunark. Also, they shortened ldon to 4 weeks.
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

As usual Cdeez with a miss. Do you ever get tired of taking Ls?

Aradune was in fact OG 12 weeks after it faceplanted they consolidated some stuff to 8 weeks but that isn't relevant. I see non level increase expansions at 12 weeks. The fact they changed it LONG after server was out doesn't change the fact that it was OG cadence of 12 weeks as stated in DPG Aradune release. They didn't change Aradune until they saw how popular 8 weeks was with Mischief. LDON released 7/21/21 at 8 weeks which was 2 months after Mischief killed Aradune's population.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-rizlona-aradune-progression-server-launch-2020

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Servers_Aradune
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

It's amazing how wrong you are. Just stop posting.

Mangler had 8 week non level expansions, and Aradune/Rizlona followed that. The early eras were always meant to be longer and beyond ldon migrated to the 12/8. It wasn't changed after launch (your own post proves you wrong). Mischief had no influence on it. Just stop with the lies.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-mangler-progression-server-20th-anniversary-2019

It's amazing how every post you make is...wrong.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

You are still wrong. That is still 12 week unlocks up until GoD. Mischief first to standardize 8 weeks as i posted. It's time for you to take your meds and go night night. Aradune had no such caveat.
  9. CdeezNotes Augur

No, you didn't say that. And if you want to be technical push glasses up your nose kinda guy, Mischief didn't standardize 8 because LDON is 4 and classic was supposed to be 4.

You said Mischeif was first to do 8 week non level increases. That is factually wrong. Even saying all would be wrong. In no world are you right.

You also said Aradune was changed after launch. It wasn't. That's wrong.

The 12/8 cadence existed before Mischief. The only thing Mischief did was implement it earlier. None of which you said. Now try again, but correctly this time.
  10. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Implement earlier = standardized it, made it normal. I'm not sure how you aren't registering it.

Selos/Mangler were one off unique 20th anniversary servers. Give it up already.
  11. Intercept Augur

They did listen to feedback which is why there is a regular tlp server and an almost mischief reboot, unless you are suggesting that they stop making traditional servers?
  12. Demetri Augur

Which he already covered in his initial post... while he didn't state with the "Before GoD terminology" it's easy to understand that he meant the following as that era: "Mischief was the first to shorten early era level increase expansions like Kunark. Also, they shortened ldon to 4 weeks."

Mangler shared the same (or darn close to) cadence of Phinigel which was 8/12 for everything post GoD.

Versus your initial statement of "Mischief was the first to experiment with 8 weeks for non-level increase expansions and 12 weeks on level increase." which is abjectly false without the pre-GoD caveat, which was exempt in your first post.

Rather than mitigating the argument however - to answer the primary discussion of the OP, I believe it would be safe to assume it will mirror Oakwynd as the most recent TLP barring any tweaks that they ultimately announced, but in the absence of announcements that should be expected thus:

RoK - 8 weeks
    SoV - 8 weeks
    SoL - 8 weeks
    PoP + LoY - 12 weeks
    LDoN - 4 weeks
    GoD - 8 weeks
    OoW + DoN - 12 weeks

With the 8/12 being consistent after that based on Level cap raise or not.

Although I will throw my hat in for the "LDoN bundled with PoP" concept - even if augs are turned off until the normal unlock timeframe, maxing out the charm augment for the insane (like myself) that do so is brutal in 4 weeks, and distracts from newer content once GoD is avail.
  13. Fizon Augur

They said on discord that the server faq will be out today
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

Again, not what you said at all. And that's not standardizing anything. What kind of revisionist definition are you making up to meet your criteria? The standard was the schedule Phinigel/Coirnav/Mangler/Aradune/Rizlona had which was a 12/8 beyond POP. Mischief went away from the standard if anything. But let's go back to your original post(s) to see where you veered off and went into goalpost shifting mode.
    False. OG Standard was 12 weeks until POP then 12/8 cadence starting in LDON. This precedent was set back multiple TLPs.
    False. The 12/8 cadence clearly existed many years before Mischief. Mischief only modified it to make two more non-level increase expansions to 8 weeks (Velious & Luclin). Mischief also made Kunark, a level increase expansion 8 weeks. It also made LDON 4 weeks. Now, knowing this, how can you argue this:
    Mischief was anything but standard because it had a level increase expansion of 8 weeks and formerly an 8 week expansion and made it 4 weeks. Absolutely nothing about that was standard at the time.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Coirnav So what about Coirnav? We just going to ignore that one as well? Or Phinigel? Give up, already.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sometime in the next 14 hours
  16. Demetri Augur

Almost universally "posting" type things are noon PST or 3pm EST - or in close proximity after if something delays it.
  17. Piznut Angry Gnome

You realize they released Mischief and Thornblade together with mischief rules, and TB was pretty much dead a few months in.

With mischief still thriving, there's no need for two more mischief ruleset servers this year.

If anything, they should have Tormax be something more unique or creative. Or do a TSS launch. It's very lackluster for a 25th anniversary release.
  18. Zansobar Augur

Thornblade was not dead, I played there.
    Demetri likes this.