20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zxxx, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Mashef Augur

A gem of a thread!

Reality is they haven't given us any details on these servers yet because changes are being made. Every single year without fail full details are provided in the April newsletter, except this year.

Odds are in the 90th percentile or higher that Tormax sees significant changes. Most likely and easiest change? Being it morphs into a Teek clone with boxing allowed to split the player base.

If I was one of the 100 people or less looking for that traditional TLP like Tormax, you should almost assuredly be bracing yourself for impact and disappointment.

Highly unlikely they waste the 25th anniversary for one server to be significantly overwhelmed causing people to quit quickly and another server to be a ghost town with minimal interest.

Interest in TLP hasn't been this high since Covid/Mischief.

Not really posting to debate the merits or how much you as an individual like or desire a certain ruleset, the math maths and it says what it says. Changes are happening to balance this out and not ruin the 25th anniversary.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  2. Gibbin Proudfoot New Member

This is exactly what DPG should do. As of now the disparity between the two servers will make both servers less enjoyable. I think the reality is no server will draw real numbers from Teek unless it's a Teek + x server. Even a direct Teek clone Thornblade style spillover server won't pull substantial players from Teek because people won't want to play on the "second, less popular Teek server" especially after they refused to merge Thornblade with Mischief for as long as they did.

I think the best simple option for a Teek + x is Teek without truebox. There needs to be an extra cherry to differentiate it slightly and no truebox makes the most sense for that. The server will pull players from Teek who would rather box on one computer than in a sweaty room with a desk full of laptops. Most of those players would box more accounts if they could on a single computer. It would generate more subscriptions. Plus the server would pull the many ex Rizlona boxers who have been waiting in the wings for another non truebox server.

It would at least be more successful than Tormax is primed to be in its current form. And it would help alleviate some of the stress from Teek, which Tormax isn't currently doing at all.
  3. Intercept Augur

That would be a bad idea judging by past actions and past data.

Better to leave the servers as is and let everyone have the server they want.

Traditional EQ players can play on Tormax as is
    People who want an almost Mischief reset get their server too.
    Magneress likes this.
  4. Intercept Augur

Nah, Tormax will be fun as is and Teek sounds like it will also be fun.

Making 2 Teeks could very well be a disaster if you use past data to judge future success
    Magneress likes this.
  5. Gibbin Proudfoot New Member

What past actions and data? They've never put out a Yelinak clone vs a Mischief server. It seems like you're just repeating that Tormax will be fine over and over with your eyes closed and your hands over your ears :/
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Very narcissistic of you to be honest. Seems like you know your dreams are crumbling around you and you are now lashing out at anyone and everyone who understands whats better for the larger population as a whole and what will effectively happen.

Sorry you are spiraling the wrong direction sir. Get well.
  7. Intercept Augur

Traditional EQ has worked for 25 years, Mischief worked once so far
  8. Intercept Augur

There are two servers.

One of them is going to be what you and many others wanted which is an almost Mischief restart
    The other will be a tradition server which is what many of us keep coming back to this game for.

You and many others want a newer version of EQ where it's a dif ruleset and personally I have no interest in that and would not play any type of random server, free trade is debatable for me.

No dreams crumbling, no lashing out, just excited to be able to once again play the game I keep coming back to because it's consistently fun as it sticks to what I enjoy doing.

Again, I hope everyone on Teek has a blast playing their EQ, the rest of us on Tormax will also have fun playing a more traditional EQ.

Personally if I'm looking for a new game I load up steam, I don't hunt for games from before the year 2000 looking to change them up. Maybe that makes me the strange one, I dunno~
    Magneress likes this.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Crumbling? Spiralling?

Was a change announced?
    Magneress likes this.
  10. dwiguslowater Journeyman

And again, I hope players have fun on Teek and on a Tormax server that's fun because it's been adjusted so that it will actually have a population. And that next year you have a blast on a more traditional TLP server that isn't doomed to fail by being released alongside a Mischief 2.0 that is drawing 90 percent of the TLP playerbase!
  11. Magneress Augur

Textbook gaslighting.

Looking forward to and hoping for a traditional as is classic Tormax is in no way "crumbling and spiraling".

I'm pretty excited about the possibility of a classic EQ server. Wouldn't mind some tweeks. Would probably start on Oakwynd if it became a teek clone. No crumbling or spiraling here.

You are the one trying to be manipulative and freaking out over a cool and normal Tormax instead of a teek overflow.

Grow up.
  12. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Obviously you don't even know what the word gaslighting means.

I'm not freaking out. I just see the same 4 people posting how awesome Tormax is going to be.

Very similar to the 4 people who constantly posted how great FTE was...and yet it wasn't renewed.

I look at the issue objectively. Sounds like you are also spiraling as in your inner most mind you know it's going to be changed due to lack of popularity and you also are lashing out trying to stave off the inevitable doom that is tormax as you know it.
  13. SnapVine Augur

FTE was fine, it didn't get renewed though so why do you want to talk about FTE more? is this argument almost over so we need to recycle the FTE argument to keep you entertained? I think you can keep it going, maybe talk about player counts and get warring back in here?
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Reading is hard for some of you. Tormax warriors are the same as FTE warriors. Are you not familiar with analogies? The comparison being both were/are/and forever will be DOA in their current state.

Put down the video games and go get an education or re-read and edit your post son.
  15. SnapVine Augur

FTE didn't introduce as many bugs as you claim, overall it was a good improvement but I'll be fine without it
  16. Magneress Augur

Butt oakwynd and FTE isn't DoA...????? LOL I think its too soon for another oakwynd butt hopeful for Oakwynd ++ like Oakwynd X Selos with two box limit with 1 computer. Maybe free trade and no random loot. Would be a fun lil adventure plus a cool server once it was "live".

anyway I'm not here to bust chops just give my 2cp, there's like literally 3 of us each on both sides so like others have said "YOu cannot really tell from the foRaMs".
  17. Intercept Augur

FTE evened the field a bit between the haves and have nots but overall I can take FTE or leave it.

Random server is an automatic no for me, free trade I'd live with but not ideal.

Many people feel the same way, careful what you change
    Magneress likes this.
  18. Tachyon Augur

doesn't matter 40-50 is enough players to have fun
  19. Intercept Augur

People keep joking about Tormax, I think there are far more people who enjoy playing the classic traditional everquest experience than most people on these forums claim.

This game has been around for a long time
    Magneress likes this.
  20. Tachyon Augur

i still play on agnarr
    Magneress likes this.