MoTM removed from AOC encounters on Teek

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DornEQ, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

Yeah, but if I was playing on a server like this it would only be for Classic-PoP so I don't really care about the rest.
  2. Kahna Augur

Or maybe we are just killing time theory crafting about a server that they have already stated will never happen. Don't be a party pooper.
  3. Trident Elder

You are mistaken. Phinny isn't radomized.
  4. Kraked Augur

Hmm..
    Reading Bobby's spreadsheet it shows Phini as a T1 randomized with Naggy/Vox.
    Granted things have changed, so who knows.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You will hit a need for larger raid sizes before PoP and during that time the raid size is actually up to 72 players and it is only later that it is reduced to the current 54.
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

If 54 people is big then they are playing the wrong game. When they say big I assume they don't want to be in guilds that do 3/4/5 splits with 200 members. They clearly never played EQ if they think 54 is a large guild.

Also you are in the minority. Many/Most people raid in EQ because of the large raid forces. In WoW and EQ2 you need near 100% RA or your guild can't function. Outside of leveling and some AA grinding - this game requires no commitment outside the first 2/3 days of a server/expansion launch. Other games require near 100% participation endlessly.

In EQ no one cares if you show up. In fact people hope you don't so they can pass you in DKP.
  7. Ythera Augur

I've raided for a long time and every time I think about how there's 40-50 people playing this game with me simultaneously, it's quite amazing and a bit flummoxing that so many people have come together to do this one thing. I think the game would work a lot better if all the raids were tuned for 18-24 characters.
  8. Kahna Augur

A girl can dream, even if I know it isn't going to happen. EQ is way more fun with a small skilled group. Did what we could with 18 on Mischief and it was an absolute blast. Makes regular raiding feel super boring in comparison. Increasing what we could do by dropping Mitigation of the Mighty would get my friends to come back. Currently they refuse, because they won't play in a 54+ person guild anymore. Too much dead weight/personality conflicts in large guilds for them.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. xxar Augur

I can get behind this , if there was a mechanic on each raid boss that prevented the pet swarm tanking method like a aoe pet ht or even a memblur that does not take into consideration pet aggro list or something,if a pet starts to tank.

The current system is already exploited via pet / warrior taunt mechanic in it's current form.

I just don't want to see the return of the mage / necro box raid stuff we had in the past.

I doubt it will ever happen though.
  10. Sheila Elder

Honestly I’d love this even if it was like velious and beyond. Freaking ST, and VT. Love the long fights. Mini-ahr and the boss proceeding her are just terrible. The goos have always been terrible not now more so. And the 6 hour limit means your racing against a timer. My guild always made it to ahr but we would have loved an option to tie the addtional mini-bosses. We often couldn’t manage them both.
  11. Moardots Lorekeeper

54 is a lot and I've played EQ on and off since beta phase 3. Including several years on P99 and stints on basically every TLP that has ever launched. As well as co-founding a successful (non zerg) raid guild on one of them. Guilds that maintain 100+ active raiders and habitually split every raid are an abomination and in direct opposition to the spirit of the game imo. Not to mention they're often lead by some of the most toxic players in the everquest community. Some people would enjoy the option to log on with 2-3 groups of their actual friends (instead of all these rando zerglings) and raid. It would absolutely be possible with the removal of motm.

Everyone is acting like motm is the only possible barrier to pet zerging. There's a million different ways they could remedy that without dumping a metric boatload of HP on every raid mob and making pets threat go to their owner for some reason? They picked the weirdest option to fix that problem that I will never understand.
  12. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

P99 say no more. Worst players ever to be found. Opinion invalidated. Next.
  13. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

We were easily 3 splitting VT, clearing it all in 4 hours with about 50 per split after boxes. Not sure how you struggle to get to AHR in 6 hours and skip bosses? Sounds like a strategy problem more so then a timer problem.
  14. Moardots Lorekeeper

If you say so zergling. Enjoy being a warmbody in some megaguild run by a scumbag ;)

P.S. Like every major TLP guildleader has played P99 in the past at one point or another
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

Meanwhile you play in mega guilds like a cattle? Their only strategy is throw bodies at mobs until their hp hits 0 lol. You're the living embodiment of terrible player.
  16. Goomba Journeyman

Every major guild splits their raids as much as they can
    if they can split 54 into 3 raid groups, they will
    So yes, your dream if small raids is still alive.
    Every guild splits to maximize loot
    If they arent well, they are scrubs
  17. Kahna Augur

My Mischief guild didn't split raid, and they only raid 2 nights a week. Loot is still rotting by the end of expansions. I prefer not to split, I find it annoying and unnecessary. Especially on Mischief style servers. It just gets you to the point where no one needs anything on the raids and they're only logging in for DKP/RA twice as fast.
  18. Taladir Augur

You're joking, right? We burned through the bosses in Oakwynd like a hot knife through butter, even with MotM.
  19. Taladir Augur

You keep saying Mark of the Mighty, but I think you mean Presence of the Mighty. There is no Mark of the Mighty.
  20. Kahna Augur

You are correct, got my terms a bit messed up. Move the pet aggro bit to Mark of the Old Ways, lower the pet cap to 3-4 and you could get rid of the rest without people pet walling.

Mitigation of the Mighty:
    32khp mobs now have 120khp
    40% raw mitigation of all melee and spells
    Roughly doubles mob dps
    Increased AC
    Pet aggro goes to pet owner

Presence of the Mighty:
    Negative resist mod, look at your stats near a raid mob yo see the specifics.

Mark of the Old Ways:
    Once 11 or more Mage and Necro pets are on a raid mob they begin to get this debuff. Every three pets over cap increases this debuff. This does not impact charm pets, shaman pets or enchanter pets.