Ways to take advantage of Personas.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celatusp99, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Demetri Augur

SFG fletching can be done by anyone that worships Karana, even if its not their hometown. So probably less of a concern that you're thinking at first blush.
  2. Doze Augur

While you are technically correct then it won't work for the plan presented here (except for the 4 race/classes that won't be unlocked until later of course).
    The plan seems to be to have as many Personas activated as soon as possible in order to gain fast access to all corners of Norrath from day one ... and not to wait around for (12*1350)/500 = 33(32,4) months before being able to afford them all.
    And since their "teleport" qualities will only really be woth investing in before PoK opens (which will happen before even getting up to 6 Personas total - using only the subscription DBCs) then getting/making most of them right at - or soon after - server start will require reaching for your wallet.

This will admittedly only set you back $90'ish for the 10.8K DBCs needed for the intially required additional 8 Personas + $13,49 for the standard version of "Larion's Song".
    Just over $100 total is actually less than I first thought would be the required pricetag and considering that the Personas will be available for all TLPs/live servers as well then maybe it isn't all that bad an investment after all.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I had 7 from purchasing LS back in December, but that is aditionals slots so really it is 8 classes. I had an overpayment on my CC from November and February which they paid me Daybreak Cash for, which allowed me to purchase another 4 slots. So at the moment I haven't paid out any extra. I should get enough DBC to pay for the others when the race/class becomes available.
    Demetri, Chikkin and Doze like this.
  4. Chikkin Augur

a semi-hijack -- but how many accounts do you plan to play at once on Teek? And what class do you plan to main? -- I'm really thinking about a 3 box combo myself, Shaman/Cleric/Bard or Ranger/Cleric/Bard but haven't decided. As for Personas, I'm trying to not overthink it, as I haven't played on a TLP day 1 release since Combine.

I also really only want to play the cleric, so my 2 boxes may lag behind at the beginning if finding groups comes easily.

5. Zansobar Augur

Oh so can you summon no rent items and they don't disappear when you switch personas?
  6. Kahna Augur

Correct. Also, and this doesn't matter for a few years but, Mages get a summon Cauldron of Many Things spell. That Cauldron is no drop, even on free trade servers, but you can summon it (it isn't temporary either) and then click it on your other personas. It give pet toys that aren't temporary as well as instant click gate items, food and drink, invis items, mod rods and a few other toys. Oh, and a pail of slop. Always fun to get.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. Zansobar Augur

This is good to know. I wonder if DPG will consider this a bug and fix it sometime?
  8. Celatusp99 Augur

I doubt its considered a bug you can sell the augs on fv its nothing game breaking even if you clicked it only with the mage its going to be in your inventory so you can use it on any persona.
  9. Brazy Augur

Please allow personas to have their own SEPARATE aoc/task lockouts, alts too!
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Initially it will just be an Iksar shaman I level up. It will go up to 3 after a couple of weeks, will add in SK/monk or SK/Necro. I want to do the Cabilis quests on all of them, something I have never done before.

If it had been a Classic start the shaman would have been a druid and I would have added a cleric and necro/enchanter. I may still level these up.

I have 5 accounts but I don't really like playing more than 3. 5 always becomes a pain as the 5th is only playable when the other half isn't using his comp. 5th account when we get to Luclin will be my trader account so chars on there will not be serious. 4th I may put a bard on just to sing to me and do nothing else, just need to remember to hit the keyboard every once in a while so they don't get kicked.

I prefer playing a single char.

Personas will get levelled up depending on my needs and mood. Some days I want to stab something, others I want to blow things up. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with them.
    Demetri, Chikkin and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  11. Demetri Augur

Considering how much stuff is "by name", I doubt that would ever be possible, unless they change personas to have different names (which would defeat one benefit IMO - since X friend on Y alt with heavy alters gets... crazy sometimes)
  12. Brazy Augur

I'm sure they can figure out a way to give them their own lockouts. It only makes sense for your alts to be able to raid and not get instantly locked out from what you do on a different character.
  13. Bernel Augur

One time-saving aspect of personas is that you won't have to waste a bunch of time adding spammers to your ignore list like you do with alts. Add 'Kronolordplspammer' to your ignore list once and he'll be ignored on all your personas! :D
    Chikkin and Demetri like this.
  14. IheartEQ Elder

Do you have any other persona tips to share? Your post just changed my future class decisions by a lot. I feel like I have to buy the expansion pack and level up a mage on my main account now.
  15. TheDohn Augur

Keep in mind, the Cauldron doesn't unlock until SoF - years down the road. Most of the mage summon stuff is lightly useful but not amazing.
  16. Kahna Augur

Keep in mind that spell isn't until level 73? then an upgrade at 87 and 100+ something or other? Don't quote me on those. So, a good long while down the road. Even halfway decent pet toys don't show up until PoP. I do love having both a shaman (only needs to be 25) and a mage persona on my Beastlord. Makes it so easy to outfit my pet and keep myself in potions. Going to do the same thing on the necro on Teek. I haven't really played around with the feature enough to have any more tips. Sorry.