MoTM removed from AOC encounters on Teek

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DornEQ, Apr 22, 2024.

1. DornEQ New Member

Curious to see others input on the possibility to have MoTM removed on Teek from AOC encounters only. Trying to drum up some hype for Teek with friends and get alot of the same: "I don't want to have to join a big guild if I want to raid, nor do I ever want to deal with managing a large guild again :D"

The idea of removing MoTM from Classic to GoD would allow for two groups to clear most content within AOC instances? Keeping MoTM on the world bosses still ensures that ultimately the 1-2 mega guilds will continue to satisfy what players want from OpenWorld.

-Increase subs from 10-12man crews that want to play a TLP and Raid without having to join/manage a large guild
    -Increase subs from neckbeards that want to box army and run their own AOC raids
    -Leave OpenWorld unchanged and competition intact

Potential downside to this is that there would be an influx in gear due to spreading it over ~12 players rather than the ~normal AOC encounter amount. Not sure this is a problem and might also balance out the accelerated release schedule for expansions on a TLP?

Love/Hate the idea?
  2. Celatusp99 Augur

I would say sure but I don't want to split stuff that hard.
  3. Kraked Augur

Gear is already going to be at an influx for guilds clearing content. Just find a guild clearing the DZ content each week and you will be perfectly fine and geared before each new Expac drops.

I mean FFS Phini drops Vox/Naggy loot if I am not mistaken.
    You can 6 man Phini in classic with MOTM.
    PoHate Minis are linked to Tier 2 drops also, so even with a 24-30 man raiding force you should be capable of killing majority of the minis + Fear minis.

Kunark is a different beast.
    T1 is Chardok Royals + Drusella.
    T2 is like everything else if I recall.
    With the right force you should be able to take down at minimum a few targets in Kunark with 24-30 people.
  4. splitpaw New Member

I am for removing motm. A higher quantity of smaller guilds would be healthy for TLP vs the mega Walmart guilds going on now.
  5. animalrights New Member

could be fun to do smaller sized raids
  6. Erashican New Member

I was sniffing around to play again. I and my group of five or six friends would come back and play if we could do content with a small amount of people. No one has the desire or time to track dkp and attendance for 50 people and handle politics. Also to be honest the reason I haven’t played a new TLP in awhile is it’s always the same mega guilds actively trying to ruin the game for anyone else. Kinda kills the fun of wanting to raid but also be casual about it.
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  7. Intercept Augur

Would just make the botting even worse than it already is imo
    KobalWR, Rijacki and Tyranthraxus like this.
  8. Zansobar Augur

Mage armies again? No thanks.
  9. Goomba Journeyman

No we dont need mage/necro pet armies
    get out of here
    Taladir likes this.
  10. Kahna Augur

Mitigation of the mighty and mark of the mighty are two different things. It would be possible to remove mitigation and keep mark. So mobs are easier but you still can’t pet wall them.

they won’t ever do it though.
  11. Sheila Elder

I hate it in Vex Thal. Ugh. /approve
    Chikkin likes this.
  12. Moardots Elder

Plenty of ways to prevent pet abuse without using motm. Honestly I'm in the same boat as OP. It'd be super nice to be able to just raid with a couple groups of close friends and not have to join these lame zerg guilds to do things. The past couple of times I've tried to play a TLP what always ends up happening is I have a ton of fun leveling to max level. Then I farm and stuff for a bit. Then I run out of anything to do except raid and absolutely hate the idea of joining these mass zerg guilds and I inevitably quit.

Down with motm imo
  13. tollo New Member

Would be a massive win for everyone if all they did was remove it from raid trash in ToV and VT.
    Chikkin and Sheila like this.
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

No. The first 90 days of the server would just be 18 man mage armies killing everything non stop. Your exp zones would be littered with an endless supply of mage armies.

I find your first point hard to believe. First a big guild is not required to raid. Teams of about 54 are more then capable of clearing everything (way less closer to 30 pre AoW/Luclin). Plus you figure in some box accounts your going to hit a 72 person raid without being in a big guild.

Second, not sure your friends ever managed a big guild (200/300+ members) - there are just a few and they are known.

Third, there is already a major influx in gear for Teek ruleset.

Fourth, MOTM has a schedule in which it falls off. Now I do firmly believe that schedule should be updated to 2 expansions later MOTM falls off. Then you can be a truly small guild and just go at your own pace a few expansions behind. I think this is the best way to do it without trivalizing the entire game. Example, during Velious - Classic mobs should lose MOTM. Currently its something ridiculous like GoD classic mobs lose MOTM.

If you want no MOTM - feel free to fire up on a live server and you can 6 man all the content you want and self progress.
  15. Tachyon Augur

raids are too easy already
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

How does MOTM turned off in AOCs = mage armies killing everything non stop and exp zones littered with mages? You think people are just going to fire up new accounts upon new accounts?

Seems like another case you of posting a clueless post.
  17. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I think they could turn it off for everything Velious and beyond and it wouldn't impact much beyond making the raids in those expansions less agonizing.
  18. Kahna Augur

For a lot of people 54 is big. 72 is very big. I think we are talking 12-18 as ideal for the folks asking for this. When they are talking about a big guild they aren't talking about EQ standards, but MMO standards in general. Most MMOs don't go over 25 people these days in a raid. EQ doubles and triples that. Playing with that many people isn't great. The guild feels to crowded and impersonal. You don't even know or care about half the folks you are raiding with. It's meh, but it is what it is and EQ isn't going to change. I raid in spite of 54/72 man raids, not because of them.

What if they were to remove Mitigation of the Mighty, but keep Mark of the Mighty on mobs. Mark is what nerfs pets. Mitigation is what nerfs people.

I do know they will never do this, they said as much in the AMA.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

18-24 is only going to work for a few expansions as most of them have been designed around a larger raid size and that is even more true as you get further in progression.
  20. Laberintica77 Journeyman

The more extra rules you give a server, the more people demand for more changes ... They need to bring a plain old' 99 server so people realize how easy we have it compared to back then