Teek - Solo classes and questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Faytal, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Faytal New Member

Hey guys haven't played eq in awhile. I have a couple questions about the server for those who have played on Mischief. I do plan on grouping my first character to 60 but after that will be soloing

1. What is the single best soloing class for Teek in regards to farming named and getting gear?

2. What guild/guilds would you recommend for an old school player with little raid experience.

3. How often was back progression done on Mischief, and do you expect the same for Teek?

4. Will Teek be fairly cheap (no krono) to gear up for raiding say I take a month or so off?

5. And last but not least how toxic was Mischief, and do you expect the same toxicity if there was any on Teek?
  2. NoxiousGrizzle Also post as Slik, Noxious, or Bart

1. Necromancer for single class farming. Enchanter and mage after that.
    2. guilds you would have to do your own research on, possibly the guild forums
    3. back progression on mischief also depended on the guild you were in
    4. you will be able to get plenty of gear on your own in a guild without spending krono, but if you have a ton of boxes its also easier to gear them fairly cheaply.
    5. toxicity always depends on what you consider toxic. its no different than any other TLP. I would even consider it less toxic by comparison, due to how much easier it is to gear. Of course, no matter how you shake it, there will always been those same people being idiots.
  3. Appren Gnomercy

1. Necro
    2. Find out what guilds are in your timezone?
    3. Depends on the expansion and the guild of course. Are the backflag raids good loot, then might do them often, if it was a low reward raid my guild might do just one or two backflag for that particular zone. Getting piggy'd in on raids is a thing (85% rule)
    4. If you don't need current expansion BiS, then yes.
    5. The standard "stealing mobs" or "killsteal" shenanigans for sure, but it wasn't too bad. Expect to have a hard time for some in-era epic mobs and such, like usual.
  4. Doze Augur

Iksar for the looks and regen.
    Necromancer for the unmatched self sufficiency and soloing options.

As a necromancer then you will be able to solo for gear in Kurn's Tower, Unrest, Lower Guk, Kaesora, Karnor's Castle and HS (at lvl60) a lot easier than most other classes.

edit: at lvl50+ then soloing PoFear for class gear is also possible as a necromancer
  5. omgomg Lorekeeper

shaman is the solo king, slow, dots, mana regen, fantastic group class
    terrible on a raid though, endless buffing is aids
  6. Runes Augur

Shaman is a very strong and fun class and the DoT revamp helped them alot. I think necro still edges them out as solo king in the early expansions classic through Luclin for most encounters. I think with the slows its Shamans that can solo the Western Waste dragons easier but Necro mana regen is so strong and easy, I hated the Canni dancing on shaman, too much button mashing for me.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Ogre shaman eventually takes the lead once mobs start summoning, I believe.
  8. Piznut Angry Gnome

When it comes to economy, it's really hard to determine things with Mischief vs. Teek. Mischief was victim of a pretty brutal plat dupe early on, so the krono prices were exponentially higher than other servers at that time. It basically eliminated being able to farm group content for any amount of currency. The only way to realistically make any krono was getting lucky with very rare drops (halfling mask, etc) or sell raid gear.

Generally though, if you're not looking for BIS gear, it was MUCH cheaper than the BIS gear.
  9. Kahna Augur

There are creative uses of game mechanics that allow necros to kill summoning mobs. My necro could solo Rock golems at level 50. Never tried the wastes dragons. I might give it a go.
  10. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Dude kurns tower caps out at like level 18. Any class in the game can solo it - melee far easier then a necro. Why is Kurn's on your list for end game farmage bruv.
  11. Doze Augur

The zones I listed are places where a necromancer can solo effeciently while still getting XP (as well as loot) and as a necromancer you can start in Kurn's as early as lvl6.

There is a really good neck item for necromancers in Kurn's that is worth staying around for a few extra levels to get (it is good for most casters really).
    The Skull of Torture
  12. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Man I can't believe they still haven't turned back on focus effects before luclin.
    Indigo_Quarmite and Doze like this.
  13. Doze Augur

100% agreed. I never understood the reason for turning them off in the first place. Focus Effects being available already from classic makes quite a few items that are normally rarely used (if not outright ignored and discarded) worthy considerations for equipping (if not permanently then at least situationally).
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

Because it's already not CasterQuest enough outside monks?

Class balance is already non existent in early eras, don't need it even more so.
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

That is an LDON item. It won't be in Kurns until it is irrelevant. And as a solo necromancer at level 6 in Kurns you won't get any exp. Groups will out dps you and mobs will die on spawn basically. The OP asked about farming named.
  16. Tachyon Augur

necromancer great dps, fd and rez
  17. Tachyon Augur

i soloed trakanon at 60 back in the day
  18. Tachyon Augur

for named necro can tap tank, especially if you get your AAs
  19. Tachyon Augur

as a caster loam gear is cheap and good enough
  20. Doze Augur

No it isn't and yes it will be (just like on every previous TLP it will be available from day one of Kunark).

Utter nonsense. Picks exist.

Indeed - and the Skull of Torture is one of the first items that you can do just that with (including a few other drops in Kurn's that can also be farmed and sold ... at low levels).