What exactly happens during a patch downtime?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 17, 2024.

1. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I never understood british comedy since it doesn't really exist. Over 4250 movies in my collection and I british comedy has never been good, it is just sad normally. Maybe brits just like comedy where it is nothing but cringe worthy stuff to make you feel uncomfortable and which isn't what I will watch a second time.
  2. Sheebea Augur

ROLF! Ya got me to smile.
    klanderso likes this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

The biggest PITA is I cannot for the life of me find DVD for sale of "Bottom" or "Filthy Rich and whatever it is lol", for Region One. I have TYO "Every stoopid episode" but cant find the others. Got any tips where I can get them in Region One? ( I did just recently get "Bad News" on cd and found that amusing.)
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I saw Jurassic park. It took a really long time to get the goat deployed and the T-rex in position, but once it was done, the goat died very quickly.

Based on this, I think everything you said was backwards. The long procedure part comes first and then a quick deployment. Otherwise is checks out based on my limited knowledge of goat sacrifices.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Sounds like your work is like everyone else's work.

You have a meeting to plan the meeting.
    Everyone meets informally to discuss the planned meeting.
    The meeting occurs and everyone talks about whatever is on their mind, but not the agenda.
    Everyone meets informally to talk about how frustrating it is to have so many meetings.
    Another meeting occurs to clear up what everyone is talking about in the halls.
    The coders/designers spend the meeting wanting to get back to work.
    A few e-mails go out to the coders and designers to clarify things they already explained.
    This goes on for a few more meetings.

Finally everyone stops pestering the code team and the job is done 10 minutes later.

However, servers can't go up until there's be a meeting to plan a meeting, where everyone meets, before the post meeting, about the meeting, which is finished up with a meeting to discuss improving the system, which the code / design team knows, the answer is fewer meetings, so there's a meeting scheduled to discuss how we can reduce our number of meetings, but they talk about everything but what's on the agenda, so they schedule another meeting.
    klanderso, Metanis and Grove like this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

The plight of the Brit TV connisseur. I don't believe either Bottom or Filthy Rich and Catflap have ever been released on DVD in region 1. Bottom is currently streamable on Amazon Prime, all three seasons. Acorn Media had an assortment of esoteric Britcom titles out on region 1 in the early 2000s, but their releases are all long-since out of print.

For $25 you can get an external USB DVD drive and lock it to region 2. Then you can playback any PAL DVD content on your PC. I have a small assortment of region 2 releases of things I've picked up over the years. You can order just about anything in print on Amazon, priced in US dollars, and quite often the region 2 box sets are surprisingly cheap. If you want to step up to Blu-Ray, both drive and media will be more expensive.
    Flatchy likes this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

My brother has "Bottom" on region one I may see if I can make a DVD copy of it. He also had Little Britain which I found pretty humerous as well.
  8. Canloe Nusback Journeyman

This

Feeding the server hamsters
    [IMG]

and that
    [IMG]
    klanderso likes this.