20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zxxx, Apr 21, 2024.

1. IheartEQ Elder

It was a weird situation to be in from my personal experience. I had created a wizard on both Mischief and Thornblade because I couldn't decide between the two servers. Mischief felt very popular to the point where I had to bring out my 100+ word typing skills to reply to a player who wanted ports before another druid or wizard sent them a tell. Thornblade on the other hand started to feel lonely past supper time, and I sometimes felt like the only porter online. I ported four mages up to sky at different times one night to finish their epic quest.

Thornblade was a nicely populated server until 10 pm's player decline turned into a 9, 8, 7'ish pm decline in population. Teek will be loaded, but I'm not so sure a Thornblade Teek will be Mischief stacked as well. Darkpaw has a difficult decision to make because it will make at least one group upset.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Problem is if you have a server like Mischief which is still at a high population adding more players will do more harm than good, especially if adding the numbers from Thornblade puts it back to having a queue or the possability of having a queue.

The populations of Mischief and Thornblade were never balanced. Mischief is the cooler name, Thornblade had issues on opening night with the queue not working correctly.

I'm not quite sure why they think a rerelease of Mischief only needs 1 server, knowing how many players are interested in that ruleset. I think they have short memories sometimes.
  3. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

If you like getting into xp groups, you better plan playing on Teek
  4. Kahna Augur

They should remove true box on Tormax. Folks are going to need to box their own group to get anything done.
    dwiguslowater and Sheila like this.
  5. Celatusp99 Augur

Guilds like mine are closing in on 100 people and are not recruiting. Many others are similar I'm sure.
  6. Sheila Elder

My guild has 5,000 planning to play on tormax. They just don’t post on this forum or on discord. People are so wrong to not have factored my guild into their calculations because there is certainly no way that Teek doesn’t also have guilds in that position that haven’t posted. /s

Seriously, we are gauging interest. The interest is not high in Tormax and your one guild isn’t going to turn that around my friend. You just sound silly.
    maxisbored likes this.
  7. Zansobar Augur

This. I'm not sure why people are acting like Thornblade was a problem, without it, Mischief would have lost so many players due the constant queues. Also the reason it hasn't be merged is the pop is still high enough on Thornblade to push Mischief back into queue status. And this is what, 3 years after it launched?

All of this indicates they need to add a second Teek server. I really don't care what they do with Tormax since they are dead set on putting a Mangler clone up against the Mischief ruleset even though everyone and their brother is telling them which one will lose, big. Only way to make Tormax useful is to change it to be the Teek clone.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

With picks, we know a very large population can be handled in multiple zones. There is a hard-cap on concurrent players on a server (forgot 5 K? or something) mentioned some years ago but surely in this day and age that can be addressed?

I suspect their bottle-neck initially is at the log-in and character-creation. Just a guess, as I am not privy to their internal setup obviously.
  9. Celatusp99 Augur

Sorry we're on Teek, I'm just saying there are guilds that are not recruiting that are medium sized at least
  10. Sheila Elder

:( poor tormax lol
  11. Celatusp99 Augur

true, I think it will be fine though or at least not the doom and gloom people are predicting.
  12. Intercept Augur

You have to xp on Tormax as well, it's basically the same game except more of a traditional ruleset vs Teek there is no auto level system on Tormax
  13. Intercept Augur

Should be fine, thanks for the concern tho
  14. Intercept Augur

So the only way to make this 25 year old game successful is to not release a server with a ruleset closely resembling when the game was released, but instead they should copy the ruleset of a one off server they did years ago and are also releasing alongside said traditional server?

I'm gonna have to disagree and say if you have a 25 year old game and it's still going you should probably stick with what got you to year 25.
  15. Sheila Elder

This isn’t even nearly the game you played 25 years ago…. Enough said.
  16. Krizem Augur

It might just be time to stop suggesting the 27 different methods to make Tormax better and just flat out call for an overflow server with Teek rules that will automatically merge in OOW. Keep it simple.

Why should DBG care or want to do this? Because it will save them a massive customer service nightmare that will go well beyond the typical TLP launch. It may also save them massive call-ins due to server crashes with a record setting number of DZs and picks being spun up. It's actually in DBG's interest to spin up another server--and that's not even touching the massive financial benefit of all those extra people being able to log into the game to celebrate the 25th anniversary rather than sitting in a queue or just skipping it.

It seems unlikely at this point that they'll change Tormax, and it's a fair argument to have vanilla in the spirit of the 25th anniversary (I don't think it was a good call, but I get it).
    maxisbored likes this.
  17. Zansobar Augur

Yes that is the only way.
  18. Magneress Augur

If tormax hits 2k players at launch. And it likely will. It'll still be just as popular and robust as an original launch and likely persist strongly into GoD. It will be a fine new anniversary server for those of us who don't want free trade.
    Laronk likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Looking at posts on a single forum and counting members on a discord is not gaging interest as you have no idea who is forming guilds elsewhere or if everyone in a discord is going to join a new server.
  20. Intercept Augur

There are many different ways, the smart play is using data from the last 25 years