Mark of the spirit quest wont update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tyrac, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Tyrac New Member

Thornblade server
    Char: Worthington
    Have killed Okahn multiple times, looted his mark every possible way (direct, leader loot, as leader,deleted previously looted and relooted). Quest will not update for this step. Step completed message does not appear upon killing Okahn.This is final step I need to complete to finish quest and receive cloak. Help?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What happens if you turn that mark into Spirit Hunter Elijo?
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Dont put your login in posts.

Also read the steps:

1. Earn the mark of Okann and give it to Spirit Hunter Elijo.
  4. Tyrac New Member

He says "I have no use for this...etc"
    I did. It doesn't update the task step when I kill Okahn. So when I try to hand it to Elijo he says he doesn't need and hands it back
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Yeah it won't because its not a kill step. Make sure you are handing the right item and not another item that has the same icon.
  6. Tyrac New Member

Maybe I am not explaining this right.
    When I kill Okahn, I there should be a "Task updated" message that shows on screen. I have received that message before on other steps and other characters. When I go to hand in the item, It should show in Elijo's text box , that the quest step is completed, but it still shows up (in green text), indicating that the step is NOT completed. I am handing him the correct item. There are no other items in my inventory that have the same item. The quest is bugged.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is no task update for the kill only the hand in.
  8. Tyrac New Member

Don't mean to be rude, but could you PLEASE pass this to another Rep who knows what they are doing!
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So many players do not understand how this works. Here we go:

Player submits a petition about something. CS takes a shot and usually fails and tells player to post on the bug forum (here). Could be because they don't know how to fix it or its out of their ability.

Player puts his bug post here and usually a lot of very experienced players respond with ways they have found to fix it.

We/they do not have any rights to manually fix anything and are not employed by the game. But we/they are right quite often and sometimes solve issues the CS don't just by the knowledge they have gained playing the game.

CS tells us to post here as this is a big melting pot of bugs. If enough other players have the same issue then they click "like" on your post. If it becomes a big enough issue then the DEVs who read these forums may take a shot at fixing it.

So unless the person's name is in red then they are not a rep, a dev, or staff of any sort.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So I went down to Arcstone to help out here. Got the quest "Mark of the Spirits" From Spirit Hunter Elijo.

Went and killed Oakan. There is no update in the quest for this step. Nor is there for any of the kills in this quest. I looted the mark and turned it into Elijo and it updated the quest in green.

I think you are turning it into the wrong NPC. You are trying to give it to Spirit Hunter Azmaro who gives the quest called "Arcstone Isle of Spirits" which does up date when you walk into the dogs den. In fact I tried to turn it into him first to see what the response is and his response is the one your seeing - "I have no need for this"

Try giving it to Spirit Hunter Elijo.
    Yinla and Gialana like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

13. Tyrac New Member

Sorry about that, since your name isn't in red, I guess I will have to wait for a Dev/Rep/Staff to do something.
    Again, My Apologies
  14. GNOME_POWER Augur

Maybe it really is broken on the Thornblade.
    How about posting a screenshot of what the situation is currently like?
  15. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Wow, you just don't get it do you? Everyone on here has tried to help you and you kick sand in their faces.

This is wrong: When I kill Okahn, I there should be a "Task updated" message that shows on screen.
    There is no update as was shown on the screen shot above. There is no update for killing or looting the item.

This is wrong: I have received that message before on other steps and other characters.
    Your memory is faulty. The only update on this quest is when you hand it into Elijo.

This is wrong: When I go to hand in the item, It should show in Elijo's text box , that the quest step is completed, but it still shows up (in green text), indicating that the step is NOT completed.
    This makes no sense because when a step turns green it means you completed it. On any quest. And Elijo has no text box as also seen in the screenshot above

As said above, the players often know how to fix something the devs/cs/staff do not. But if you chose to wait for a response from one of them then I hope you don't hold your breath.

Prove them all wrong and post a screen shot like said above.