Ways to take advantage of Personas.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celatusp99, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Celatusp99 Augur

Personas are new to me I have not really played with them thus far so I'm just looking for ways to maximize their use. Any tips would be useful.

So far switching to

bypass the tradeskill cap and take advantage of cultural recipes.

Origin or Death port to advantageous locations.

shared gear types like plate or chain which only works on some expansions where everything is not class specific ie velious quest armor or hate and fear armor

do race specific or suggested quests like greenmist with out factioning for it

I'm sure there are many more I have not thought of.
  2. Iyacc Augur

I don't play with Personas but this seems like the beginning of one of those threads where people bring up ways to use them that the devs didn't intend and will eventually get things nerfed.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Preparing for beastlords and bezerkers prior to the expansion they launch.

The biggest one for me will be tradeskills. Being able to do all tradeskills in one inventory, skilling up with the best class for that skill, for example chanters for JC, rangers for fletching. No more switching to alts to do class/racial combines just a quick persona swap....which reminds me I need to check all races I've picked are either all evil or good. :)
    Ddezul likes this.
  4. auto21 Augur

Already limited to quick log zones such as starting cities and PoK/PoT.

It may become a little OP if it's combined with camp fires though, which allow you to immediately port back to your previous location - although I assume this isn't until much later??
  5. auto21 Augur

They're also locked behind a paywall for the expansion, which isn't great, as TLP players are paying for a feature with essentially no content (until much much later if at all)
  6. Zansobar Augur

I always buy the collectors edition of the expansion each year just for the 100% wt reduction 40-42 slot bag for use on TLP servers. I never play Live, but the bag by itself is worth the price to me.
  7. Gialana Augur

Would you be able to bypass the tradeskill cap without the New Tanaan Crafting Mastery AAs? Since tradeskills are shared among Personas, I would think that once you've gotten one TS over the limit, none of your Personas would be able to raise a different TS over the limit without the NTCM AAs.
  8. Kahna Augur

Don't forget slayer Achievements in your Bst/Zerker prep. A flat increase to damage is a really nice boon to a pure DPS class like a zerker, and bsts are mostly a utility class for ages but a little extra DPS in their corner isn't going to hurt either. Those things can take weeks or months to complete depending on how often you can play. Not having to wait to do them, or worse, do them twice, will be nice.

I am also excited about the tradeskill perk. Specifically for alchemy. Pots pretty much fill in the only real holes in a necro's toolbox. Runspeed, lil extra mana regen from conc pots, Health Regen pots, a pocket instant heal for when things get a little dicey. It's going to be wonderful.

This is correct. Even if you switch to a new persona you are still you. The exception being the tradeskills that aren't linked to that cap. Such as Poison Making, Alchemy and Tinkering.

Fellowships are TBS. And it is less OP than you might think. 3 people from your fellowship have to be present to place the campfire down, and then you can port there. Swapping fellowships has a timer on it. By TBS everyone has so many easy ways to get around it's not a big deal. I haven't noticed anyone bothering to use personas in the manner on Mischief. Though Mischief didn't grow up with personas so maybe it will be different on Teek.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mischief is well past PoP for the porting books and don't they have the guild hall portals and placable ports? I wouldn't be surprised to see very few people using them on later TLPs and live for getting around, there comes a point where other means of getting where you want to be is more convient than personas.

Pre POP personas will be a god send for moving around.
    Kahna likes this.
  10. TheDohn Augur

Also - Mage persona for pet weapons/armor.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Personas sharing achievements is one of their biggest benefits and also one of their biggest detriments.

Completing something like elemental/time planes flagging, or Essence of the Dragon doesn't have to be repeated for your persona.

Leveling at 111+ for a persona is just a plain forgotten process though if you already have the major xp achievements done. You just have to slaughter thousands of mobs and/or rely on overseer to level.
    Celatusp99 likes this.
  12. Kahna Augur

Yeah, but how many folks on this particular branch of the forums is ever going to make it to 111+ on one character, let alone several.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

True! The xp issue won't matter for TLPers who never play long enough to see it. Just got my first persona to 115 on Mangler last week though, so uhh... there's at least one of us out here to complain about it!
  14. IheartEQ Elder

I wonder what would be the min/max 16 character setup for personas, when race, class, tradeskills, origin, and deity are all factored into the equation.

Ogre Shaman
    Iksar Necro
    etc
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My Current Persona plan, I may switch the chanter as Nec forest I found awefully slow for leveling.

Druid Halfling Rivervale
    Enchanter Dark Elf Neriak
    Rogue Gnome Ak'Anon
    Shaman Iksar Cablis
    Ranger Wood elf Kelethin
    Beastlord Vah Shir Shar Vahl
    Cleric High Elf Felwith
    Magician Human Qeynos
    Necromancer Eurdite Paineel
    Bard Half elf Surefall
    Shadow Knight Oger Oggok
    Paladin Dwarf Kaladim
    Warrior Barbarian Hallis
    Wizard Froglok Rathe Mountains
    Berzerker Troll Grobb
    Monk Drakkin Crescent Reach

Only cities not covered are Erudin (have Paineel) and Freeport (have Neriak)
  16. Doze Augur

Max Persona slots, eh? That option doesn't come cheap, not cheap at all ...
  17. Demetri Augur

Heads up - Surefall is restricted to Ranger or Druid - no Bards
  18. Demetri Augur

For someone playing longterm and has nothing to burn their free 500 DBC a month on, they'll get a "free" persona slot every level increase expansion unlock. (and almost get one on those w/o)
  19. Kahna Augur

It's cheaper than what it costs to feed my horses each month, and she is probably getting more hours of entertainment out of it. Without the poop shoveling.
    Laronk likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks for that I'll switch the bard and the ranger over, just need to watch deitys for fletching. :)