UI Suggestions with a 4k Monitor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Crackers, Apr 11, 2024.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hopefully the UI revamp can solve this.
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

That is never going to happen. It's been over one year and they have only touched like 4 windows.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

True enough. We'll see what happens this year.
  4. Queen Nassh New Member

Just bought a LG Ultragear 4K monitor with a new Asus ROG Strix pc. Less than a week old. It auto set scaling to 150%. Set to 3840x2160 . I can change to tho. But, I can read everything well. Even my typing in chat box. No id why I can, as the UI is the new system. If this is what DB is working towards, it works for me.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is likely more a function of Windows than EverQuest. I do believe some UI elements are now "Desktop Scaling Aware" so they might adjust based on your Windows Desktop view settings.
  6. Chikkin Augur

for me, I have a new MSI 274upa 4k@144 f-sync and g-sync (bout 3 months old now, and not leet enough to brag about, just leet for me because my money always went to the video cards) so I never had more than 1920x1080 before.

Ya, I'm pretty sore that even with glasses, right up to my 27inch monitor, it's a real hassle with EQ. -- I can make it work, but it's because I know the game. -- the TINY BIT of scaling they did is really not even 5% of the job. Not trying to be hateful, but just saying, someone got overwhelmed and quit that day they were asked to do that.

I will say, I last played around with /chatfont when I was doing comfy couch gaming on a 55 inch, but wasn't close up, and I don't remember their being /chatfont 10 ---- that makes it where I can read -- and it's not a complete waste, because with all the screen space, you can do whatever you want with your 25 to 30 Everquest windows and and still see the world for how beautiful it is.

side note. The main thing accomplished here is I'm going to click watch thread and hope better solutions come down soon.

Edit: Comfy couch gaming for me was 2011-2012. (so meaning, I don't remember having a chatfont 10, like they added it in the last 10 years, but maybe poor memory) I loved comfy couch gaming. Unfortunately it was mostly MMOs, but also some single player games not optimized for it at the time, that brought me back to the desk as a dream setup.