20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zxxx, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Zxxx New Member

I looked at every guild I could find advertising for Teek and Tormax on the forums and discord and then checked out roughly how many members each one had. I know there is some crossover with people in multiple discords but the disparity here is incredible.
  2. Zansobar Augur

More Teek guilds are forming up and haven't been posted yet. Tormax...not so much.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Every EQ player knows Teek Vs Tormax population will be like FV vs Zek. Except for the non EQ TLP Players (and the small group which plays on Tormax). Well, and whoever came up with the Tormax ruleset heh. I mean, really.
    Canloe Nusback likes this.
  4. Basak Augur

I know about 2 more guilds starting on Tormax that are not advertising here or in discord. I do realize that if they did advertise here they will still be less guilds than Teek by a large margin but that is key to understand not all guilds will be advertising here either at all or until the server launches.
    Rijacki and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Same can be said about more Teek guilds doing the same.
  6. Sheila Elder

And there are guilds that are forming on Teek that aren't posting here yet, too. Look, we are all aware that there's likely a significant, maybe even majority that don't post on here or aren't active on discord. No one has refuted that once and most of us are well aware that there will be more than 40 players on Tormax and more than 2 guilds.

What we are trying to say is that the relative number of players that are going to Teek is showing that Tormax just won't have a great population after the queue on Teek is gone. If we're looking at just the relative number of guilds (which, as mentioned earlier in the thread, is looking terrible for Tormax), it's something like 8:1 just in guild number alone. This, honestly, is an over generous number. But just going with that, it means if there's 9k players that are playing this TLP cycle, Tormax gets 1k players. That's month 1. You'll be lucky to get a full guild clearing to PoP with that.

There is just no reason to think that these forums are not a great represenative of how the next tlp population is going to lean. That includes the people that don't post on here or discord. In fact, those people are more than likely going to come play with friends from word of mouth and that'll likely mean they will be on Teek.

The math would be totally irrelevant if TLPs had an unlimited population to draw from but the reality is that there's a certain number of us that come back year after year from TLPs. They need to do something, anything to get the relative numbers on Tormax and Teek to be more equal. Otherwise Tormax is DoA, Teek has a horrendous queue that lasts for weeks/months and then we get to see all the requests to merge Tormax for the next few years.
    Klokk, Krizem and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. Basak Augur

I know, I never said it couldn't. Why would you even respond with that? lol
  8. Basak Augur

I know what is being said, not sure why you keep repeating yourself. I agree with you that Tormax will not be lasting long. But you are attacking me for saying Tormax has guilds not posting on the forums (along with Teek guilds not posting - So people that are not smart enough to extrapolate) with no reason for the attack.
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I think even if they announced Teek II, that it wouldn't pull enough people away. Very few people want to move to the lower population server.

They screwed up the announcement should’ve just been two Teeks.
  10. Sheila Elder

Hey Basak, my apologies if it felt like an attack. It wasn't my intent and I'll try to be more careful in the future. My point is, that Tormax needs help and the people that continue to say "Tormax is fine there's a hidden cache of people waiting to play it" make me sad.
  11. Sheila Elder

I mean, ideally they'd make an overflow server with clear and distinct plans to merge it at a certain time and they actually stick to it. I think there's other potential rulesets that would garner some attention but yes, Tormax is likely going to be lower population no matter what they do. A few tweeks though and it might not a total loss?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is one thing to suggest that Teak will have more players then Tormax as that makes sense given that Teak is only the second round of the random loot rules while Tormax is a pretty generic TLP that has been done over and over again. The issue is the claim that there are 20 guilds with 4k plus players on one server and 2 guilds with 40 players on the other.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It’s Mischief and Thornblade all over again with the talk of an overflow server. I’m not against it, just pointing out that the announcement timing affects server population and longevity. People are already planning and picking their guilds, and it’s much harder to change up plans now. It’s way easier to balance out servers, when they’re both announced at the same time.

Tormax was a bad idea, and should’ve just been launched next year.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Sheila like this.
  14. Basak Augur

Well, yeah. There is a hidden cache waiting to play it, same as there is hidden for Teek too. No argument here. Tormax is fine as it is, but could use some more to it, yes. But that does not negate that there are people ready to go, not on these forums, for a Vanilla EQ experience with no extra bonuses, likely more-so than anticipated. Having said that, it will be a faster decay server than previously due to the rule-set if nothing is changed.

I am basically agreeing with you while at the same time giving probable possibilities that how it looks on the forums does not necessarily indicate how it will turn out.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  15. spud89 New Member

It's far from perfect sure, but the 20 guilds with 4,000+ players in discords on Teek vs 2 guilds with 40 players in discords on Tormax is super consistent with the strawpoll that was up on discord and the forums for about 24 hours a couple of weeks ago. It had 299 responses with 269 people (89.7%) saying they'd be playing on Teek and 30 people (10.03%) saying they'd be playing on Tormax.

When you say things like Tormax will be fine as is, there's no indicaiton of that anywhere. All of the suggestions from the response we've seen are that it's going to be extremely unpopular. I really hope they don't ignore them and that they change the server to give it a chance to be successful. As of now it looks like it'll be the most lopsided progression server launch to date
    Sheila likes this.
  16. Laberintica77 Journeyman

What is your obsession to downplay Tormax? because it has the better name and you're jealous? Because it doesn't have multi-box for you to log in your 25 boxes to farm kronos to sell on Teek and pay your efficiency rent?
    It sounds like this little server is bigger in your mind that you really think it is, because you're about to explode
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Intercept Augur

Flawless plan since you can only ever join one discord server.

Also every who plays a 25 year old game still from the days of dial up def all use discord.

The work you put in for this really shines through
  18. Intercept Augur

Tormax will be fine, in fact it will likely be less stressful than having to deal with the people who seem to be flocking on Teek
    Rijacki and Exmortis_MT like this.
  19. Exmortis_MT Augur

That may indeed be the reason I play on Tormax
  20. dwiguslowater Journeyman

Yeesh. It's not that people are obsessed with downplaying Tormax, they're just pointing out the reality of the situation. This isn't shaping up to to be like a 65 percent of fresh tlp players on one server, 35 percent of players on the other type of launch. The population discrepancy is going to be massive. The writing's on the wall.
    Krizem and Sheila like this.