I can't seem to find the post about naming...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fuzzbutt, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Fuzzbutt Elder

There was supposed to be a "Pre-launch" naming reservation service but I can't find mention of it , and yes, I've done multiple forum searchs
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

[IMG]
  3. Zansobar Augur

How much does it cost?
  4. Fuzzbutt Elder

So it's worthless, you have to already have the name on another server, and you have to buy it?
  5. Iove Elder

Seems you need to buy token for name reservation, but i dont understand how you can check if you can do reserve before you buy token? So you can buy token to find name already taken? :)
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's clearly either broken or not fully functional right now. One of my toons has more than 500 days and it still reported as not eligible, so it's definitely not working for one reason or another.

It's the "Buy Now!" button that makes the whole reservation system pointless and should make everyone worry about how they're just doing this for yet another cash grab...as if the TLP servers themselves weren't enough.
    Fuzzbutt likes this.
  7. Gialana Augur

This is only my guess. The reservation window is listed as opening in 3 days (May 24th), so I wouldn't expect the window to be fully functional. The screenshot shows the 4/24/2024 date as being for requiring 200 days played. The 200 days requirement is supposed to be the first reservation window.
  8. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

No one’s stealing your doofy names.
  9. Fuzzbutt Elder

"No one's stealing my doofy name." Fixed that for you
  10. TheDohn Augur

For TLP tourists who have no established identity that they want to continue using for the 3 months they'll play before quitting forever for the 6th time, yes, it's worthless.
  11. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I just reserved fuzzbutt.
    TheDohn likes this.
  12. IheartEQ Elder

I wonder who will take the name Doctor as a Cleric this time. It seems like a different player gets it every new tlp launch.
  13. Fuzzbutt Elder

They know who I am on the guild Discord /shrug
  14. Fuzzbutt Elder

Okay have fun :)
  15. Relyn Lorekeeper

From the eq news site:

Below is a breakdown of how this system works:
    • For 499 DBC, a name can be reserved for an existing character with a minimum level and played time.
      • The character’s name must pass all character creation name validity checks.
      • The character must be level 50 or higher for any of the character’s personas.
      • Tiered Played Time Requirements determine when the current character's name can be reserved.
        • When you try to reserve a name, it will check against the active tier and won't allow the reservation if you have less played time.
          • 200 days (4800 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 4/24/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
          • 100 days (2400 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 5/1/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
          • 40 days (960 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 5/8/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
          • 10 days (240 hours) or more of played time reservations will open on 5/15/2024 at 12:00 p.m. PDT
      • On launch day, any non-reserved names are first-come, first-served.
    • The “/reservename” command can be used to open a window on demand to reserve your name as well as view your existing reservation(s) and current and next reservation tiers.
    • Characters with recently changed names will not be eligible for 30 days after the name change.
    • Reservations will last a year after the server launches.
    • Reservations will be consumed when the character with that name is created.
      • You cannot get this reservation back once you have created a character with this reservation. If you delete or rename the character on the new server, this name will be released and will be able to be used by any account.
    • Reservations can only be made from Live servers. Test characters cannot be used to reserve names.