Fippy Fest 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Bilderov Augur

Agree, for $1500 I'd be expected to have control over a dev for a day, a visit around the EQ studios, lunch with the top brass, an item named after me and all my characters boosted to max level / AAs.

Oh, and a lifetime subscription.
  2. Bobokin Augur

What happens in Freeport, stays in Freeport.
    Flatchy likes this.
  3. Scila Augur

Putting it on perspective - for one day - a San Diego Comicon event is $79 .... perspective. Unless they are serving prime rib and lobster and an open bar ... that price is over the top.
  4. Grammaw New Member

I wonder if members get the usual 10% off.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Reminds me of when they tried to roll out a merchandise shop a few years back that had $40 coffee mugs and like $100 baby onesies.

Maybe if it came with 100 Kronos...
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Yoda Journeyman

Just weeding out the riff raff..
    Herf likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

She doesn't have any truck with Trolls :)
    Flatchy likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

And I don't think there's enough PPE on the planet to protect her.
    Flatchy and Herf like this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

40 coffee 100 onesies.
    If its exclusive limited, thats worth it.

Someone did a sneaker sale, $399. limited amount. ebay 10000.

So limited EQ mug, $40.
    you aint gonna use it, ebay it.
    $400 it got some dev's signatures on it, $1000 mug now.

Maybe the $1500 is worth it, don't know if you gonna get anything.
    Maybe you get something you can ebay for $1000 and maybe another thing ebay $700.
    you made $200.

So while you there make sure you signatures. Bring a pile of stuff, and say "sign it!"
    Hopefully they don't have developer booths. $90 picture with them. pay $60 to sign something.

Think about it though.
    Whose got dev's signatures on items? Whose got exclusive EQ items?
    Not many, I'm pretty sure people looking for something.
    People looking probably don't mind spending $1000 if thats what they was looking for
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea mages have too many ways of getting mana. I never run oom either cant say the same for my ranger though!
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

12. Fading Illusion Augur

I don't want to speak out of turn, but you're right, it's not clear in the latest news release which days it is.

I *think* it's the Friday June 14th and Saturday June 15th.
    (EDIT: If you look at the in-person tickets, it explicitly says June 14 - 15)
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fippy-fest-2024-tickets-846467957447

The Day 1 events are mainly the in-person attendees, with Day 2 being the event for all, including streaming AND the in-person attendees.

I'll see if I can get a PR contact to update with the exact dates.

Fading
    CrazyLarth and Nennius like this.
  13. Sheebea Augur

I bought the VIP Package. Got it immediately. Mounts are pretty. BUT, they lean every time you hit a slant in the terrain. Throws you side to side. Annoying. Polymorphs look great too. BUT, run speed is 56 or 57 as I recall. Too slow. And cannot sit on a mount. So have a Mage to COTH ya, cuz your going to be left behind. For spending $ 250 US Dollars I was greatly let down.
    I have status on my server tho! Taint seen any other Brell running around.:)
    Silvena likes this.
  14. Sheebea Augur

And this. 3 mounts. For the love of Cazic Thule, Make Them Prestige!