Group NPT

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Senvie, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's probably the same made-up-out-of-thin-air reason they don't let the ranger Enrichment spells be MGB-able.
    fransisco and Silvena like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

That would be useful and convienent and all, certainly can't have that...
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  3. Knifen Augur

And same reason rogues cant use backstab while on a mount?!?
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  4. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

I'll explain this nicely since I got in trouble last time for disagreeing with a CRC publicly.

This needs a shorter recast time. Anything short of that increases our buff burden, if you don't understand why, I'll ELI5. As people trickle in you could single target buff them, but now you have to wait for an entire group to zone in to cast it or you'll have people whining that they didn't get the buff. So while I could single target them as they zoned in and get like 8-9 people, now I have to hold up the entire raid to buff a second group.

If you want to remove the buff burden for enchanters, make the class do more than serve others with buffs (maybe a damage increase!).

I'm sorry, m'lady.
  5. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

Also, if you don't want to feel like you're a buff box and playing on a TLP casting a ton of short duration buffs..

I suggest finding another class to play, like warrior.
    LostSoul likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

Meh, a lot of chanters didn't cast it at all cause it was tedious. Now you can hit 6 people at once (when they zone in, sure) with a single click, incentivizing some lazy enchanters to actually hit SOME PEOPLE, rather than zero before. It's an upgrade to these people.

Some hardcore chanters would hit as many as they could before an event. Now they can't, so it's a nerf to these people.

Solution to both of these people would be to make it mgb'able (you got my vote!) but the devs won't do it for made up reasons they can't logically substantiate, basically the foundation of all the game's problems.
    Krolm and fransisco like this.
  7. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

So it's a nerf to chanters that are doing their job and not along for a free ride and loot. Guess I main change again, sorry guild...
  8. Cadira Augur

Thinking you should main change for being able to do .07% of your entire job as an enchanter a little less efficiently is weird.

At the end of the day, npt is pretty minor to begin with.
  9. LostSoul Lorekeeper

something a 4th place finisher can freely say, i suppose.
  10. Szilent Augur

I'm a 1st place finisher. At the end of the day, npt is pretty minor to begin with.
    Metanis and Cadira like this.
  11. LostSoul Lorekeeper

you're also argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Rarely bring anything constructive to the conversation and have some complex where you assume everything you say is right. For the reasons IDC about your opinion.
    Krolm likes this.
  12. Senvie Apprentice

As another top end player, NPT is minor, but if you add enough inches, it becomes a foot, and a foot, makes the difference ;) also, just to throw it again, please, shorten the recast, ty :)
  13. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

Shorten the recast!!
  14. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Shorten the recast!!
    Rogue-loving Chanter and Toni like this.
  15. Lubianx Augur

It does strip Firethorn's mana drain reverse DS in the group mission though
  16. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

So does Mind Whirl, why use Tears?
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Cadira Augur

If you quote me with a sole, weak strawman, and can't add anything constructive, you've already lost the argument ;(

Just like Ms lost the race to three other guilds.
  18. Metanis Bad Company

I hate losing a spell slot to something with such a long refresh time. In addition to the valid complaints about casting refresh time, ability to MGB, and relative strength, it should also be made into an Alt Ability line.

However, it is sort of humorous seeing all the new people sporting the scarecrow illusion. You know the ones who never got Net enough (or ever) to worry about blocking the illusion!
    Molybedium likes this.
  19. fransisco Augur

Lets just mbg it. Shortening the recast is just the long way around to casting it on each group. Make it mbg'able cause it'll be better quality of life and accomplish the same thing.
  20. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

Shorten the recast!!