Teek and Tormax could use a couple tweeks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Intercept Augur

Tormax will be fine, many of us enjoy EQ
  2. auto21 Augur

Okay, I saw that number. Back in 2020, "EverQuest had 66,000 subscribers and 82,000 monthly active players" which doesn't translate into daily users, and is likely much lower today.

By comparison, in Feb 2024, WOW was packing 9.3m monthly sub.
    Using a ratio of 3.72, that generous 82k reduces to 22k daily users.
    which is more than 113x players.
    WOW also used to be much greater at it's peak.

My point is that both are comparable and very old mmorpg. WOW decided to scale its infrastructure/resources and adapt. EQ didnt.
  3. Kahna Augur

I... don't really care.

Neither of us actually has current population data and would be speculating. I don't care to speculate. I don't need to. EQ was never as big as WoW, it will never be as big as WoW. What we have now is what we will have. Until they shutter the game and we all have to play on emulators.

Can we get back to talking about the tweeks people would like to see given to Tormax that are never actually going to happen because enough people are happy with Teek that they aren't putting up a big enough fuss on the servers?
  4. CdeezNotes Augur

They aren't comparable.

EQ was developed basically as a startup and its peak population was about 500k. WoW was released over a half decade after EQ by a billion dollar company who invested millions into the game from the onset. They built WOW from the ground up to be a massive MMO based on an existing IP, even hiring former EQ players/devs so they wouldn't have the same shortcomings original EQ had. EQ was built from scratch with zero name recognition in a period where online PC MMOs were in its infancy.

For every EQ you have lasting decades, you have dozens of New Worlds which become absolute bombs within a year (look how pathetic the population is for that game after Amazon dumped millions into it).
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. auto21 Augur

Tweaks (not "tweeks") that I'd like to see are servers that don't force the tiny playerbase into 5+hr queues for days/weeks
  6. Kahna Augur

Well... That's not going to happen.
  7. xxar Augur

Neither of them are #1 anymore :p

Final Fantasy

As of 2023, the game boasts an impressive base of approximately 40 million subscribed players, with over 3 million active players diving into the world of Eorzea daily.

Oh , btw they instantly ban cheating via 3rd party apps even programs like ACT ,once confirmed and all accounts associated to a cc .

There also willing to roll back specific player's that break content or exploit mechanics.

That's what enforcement does for player populations and those that want to compete know there honestly competing.

But this is a weird thread so to get it back on topic ... Tormax ... as suggested Teek ruleset + FTE and win!
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

Who said anything about being #1?

Tormax should be evolving ruleset + reward server (a hybrid of vaniki and oakwynd).
  9. xxar Augur

You two just went off to left field :p
  10. Zinth Augur

I expected something MORE from ANNIVERSARY TLP SERVERS... but guess I shouldn't be surprised... Don't think I will bother doing a run again... Phinny run was amazing though but the only exciting thing is the Kunark launch overall they just seem "bleh" and Tormax seems like they have just given up being creative...