Teek & Tormax - Bring Back Coin Weight

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by modsiw, Apr 15, 2024.

1. modsiw Augur

Let’s get that classic market place feel back where it ought to be, in North Freeport. I grew up on Veeshan, and EC tunnel is just .. wrong.

Make coin weightless again when Luclin releases. Iirc, that’s earlier than change was originally made, but there’s really no point after Bazaar releases.

Kunark start, so it’s only two expansions. Plus, we have personas now. It’s the perfect time!
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. Kahna Augur

Coin is weightless from day 1. Why would you want coin weight back?
  3. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

Job Done. Another Happy Customer.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

Won't happen. It would hurt automated groups, especially plat farming groups.
  5. Toothpick New Member

Umm they sell weightless bags for cash why would they do this
  6. Zansobar Augur

I think they lost the code that makes coins have weight.
  7. Tachyon Augur

8. Arclyte Augur

destroy all monk players

attack them at their bulging coinpurses
  9. Doze Augur

So they could also sell purses with weigh reduction for coins perhaps?

J/k of course, I am not a fan of this idea.
  10. Larsen Augur

Strange thing to be pining for. Of all the non-classic stuff that's on TLPs these days, this one is surely at the very bottom of the list of things that tarnish the original EQ experience. Coin weight was only ever a minor nuisance that made it so you had to conduct trade near a bank, and that serves no meaningful purpose. It's like advocating for the return of book-meditating.
    Appren, modsiw and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  11. Overmedium New Member

A lot of the QoL changes, like Coin Weight, are one of the main reasons I prefer TLP's over, let's say, a 1999 server... EQ Lite is preferred.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The reason they removed coin weight was when they added mercenaries, you had to carry enough coins to pay them.

Monks have to watch their weight, which is why back in the day, I would ask the group to turn off Autosplit (coin splitting) when playing my monk.

So, if you want them to add back coin weight, you need to consider mercenaries. Monks, of course, can go back to telling every group they are in to turn off autosplit...
  13. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

14. Celatusp99 Augur

Bring back pre 35 staring at your book to med!
  15. Knifen Augur

Nothing like doing a good ole /split 0 0 0 1000 as the monk gets close enough to camp with his adds on his tail.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I used to make money on my druid by trading 1 plat for 11 gold, or 12 gold worth of lesser coins, then gating back to the bank and repeating.
  17. fransisco Augur

In original eq, I always wondered how monks ever afforded any gear, since they couldn't get any money
  18. Celatusp99 Augur

gear drops, its not like monks needed much for gear. Full suit of cured silk and some hp rings is all you needed.
  19. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

P99 is that way ------->
    Appren likes this.
  20. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Of all the things to ask for, coin weight is an odd choice.
    You should ask for them to bring back ability to make words with coins on the ground!
    Appren likes this.