Clarification on 200 day name reservation please. That name or any name?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Dukenukem New Member

Those characters with 200 days or more played time will be the first with the opportunity to reserve their character name on these servers.
    hope this helps....
  2. Ilshade Augur

how did you launch this on test
  3. Demetri Augur

Asking the wrong person - I have no idea how the OP did.
  4. AzzlannOG Elder

/reserve
  5. Tachyon Augur

any details yet on how reserving a name will work?
  6. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I have a feeling it will be a command you do on the char whose name you want to reserve. This will reserve that character name, if it meets the requirements (200 days /played to start and lower as we get closer to release date).

I am also 100% sure that once servers open and after you manage to get to character creation after hours of queue, you will not be able to use the name you reserved and will get an error along the lines that the name is already in use.

The forums will explode with people asking for a way to "unreserved" their reserved names. People who never reserved their names and so could make characters with no issues will mock them.

The reservation issue will get sorted out in the monthly patch in June.

This is my prediction from past experience.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get some answers rather than keep merging threads.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. SnapVine Augur

they won't even confirm an exp bonus the day before it starts. they like it this way. maybe they think the confusion helps maintain interest
  9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

to be fair the exp bonus days don't change at all.

this however, is supposed to be available tomorrow is something brand new and we don't know anything.