Paladin as main 6 boxing group

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by markkk, Apr 14, 2024.

1. markkk Lorekeeper

Pally can rez self buff,druid(for healing ports snare tracking evac debuff ],shammie buffs slow dot back up healer.bard selo mana song slow mez etc,mage and enchanter ?
  2. Klucifer Master

I'm not sure I see the question in this post?
    jeskola, Crymea and Iyacc like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Okay, PAL/DRU/SHM/BRD/MAG/ENC would be a solid crew for sure. Perhaps not the most amazing DPS but lot of utility and being primarily casters not to hard to box without using that which shall not be mentioned
    Fluid and Demetri like this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Whole bunch of utility not a lot of DPS unless you're charming
  5. Celatusp99 Augur

Sk, ench, cleric, monk x3 mage if thats your flavor thank me later.
  6. ForumNugget Journeyman

You are not an alpha Chad unless you are legitimately 6 boxing 5x enchanter (charming of course) and 1x cleric. You are even Chadder if you use druid instead of cleric for the utility.
  7. Celatusp99 Augur

nah enchanters have been nerfed to much bringing more than one is a waste anymore. There was a time multi charming was nice but now just bring a monk or mage for ez dps
  8. Numiko Augur

Who cares what the DPS is.
    As along as the mobs Hit point reaches zero before yours does.
    That's all that really counts.
    Zinth, Demetri and code-zero like this.
  9. error Augur

A fraction of the dps means a fraction of the kills, exp, and AAs. If your only goal is to kill nameds or clear group missions for progression then 2-3 characters is already sufficient. o_O
  10. mark Augur

Paladin,cleric,mage,mage,wizard,enchanter better dps if not charming and ports.
  11. Arclyte Augur

hey mark whats your favorite drink for tlp launch

you seem like a white monster kind of guy
    Lineater likes this.
  12. mark Augur

used to be pepsi max now days his coffee black no sugar
    jeskola likes this.
  13. Exmortis_MT Augur

I recently played around with many different box teams on Mischief and Oakwynd.
    Paladin: Though great if no cleric, until Luclin is just dreadful as holding aggro. Low DPS for a tank.
    Druid: probably best utility and heals! almost a must if you intend to TS. Track!!!
    Shaman: best buffer with heals! Can add some DPS, haste/slow just a great all around class. +Potions! I have found a shaman to be a better healer then a Druid over all so far.
    Enchanter: Great caster/melee support with CC and some DPS. Charms are just plain OP. One of my two fav classes.
    Mage: Great DPS, pet toys, but does require some extra attention.
    Bard: Mana song great, but weak until pop really, also lots of attention needed if you manual box with out software.
    Shadowknight: Simply best group/bot tank, I fire a macro and never need to touch it again, FD pull!
    Necromancer: Solid pet, can stack the dots 4 or 5 deep. Sustained DPS is unreal. Some nice grp heal/mana regen taps.
    Ranger: Probably the easies box DPS in game, nice support spells, but if melee required too much attention needed. Can supplant Druid for Forage and Track.
    Wizard: Nice class for Burst DPS, Ports, but very high attention reqs if you old school box.
    Beastlord: Great DPS and buffs, good pet, but a lot of attention required to keep it in melee and use special abilities if you manual box.

So end result is, I can box 5 well, if I have the right team class make up, but 6 just tips me over and I lose too much efficiency. I box the old school way, with in game macros, limits me a bit but I have a personal aversion to bot software.

So for T or T (not sure which new TLP I will play on) I have now decided the final 5 box team.
    SHD/ENC/DRU/SHM/NEC
    SHD (Iksar): My first EQ class and fav, it is the cornerstone of my team.
    ENC (Dark Elf): second fav class, like SK the corner stone of my team.
    SHM (Iksar): Awesome buffs, heals, Spot DPS and potions.
    DRU (Wood Elf): Ports, Track, Heals, Forage, and buffs that stack perfectly with SHM.
    NEC (Iksar): DPS.....not sure what else to say.

Iksar: for regen on NEC and SHM, and SK can smith gear,, even through cultural. Tanks are far more gear dependent than any class, but this way they both get gear.
    There is always a possibility I will combine ENC/DRU to a race for Cultural, but I hate tailoring more than I hate any other TS lol.

My main weakness is rez is a long way off, and this is where the PAL surly has an advantage, but I just did not enjoy playing it, especially pre-pop, luclin helped but until pop it was so hard to keep mobs off my BRD or NEC. When Mercs come, I will have a Healer/Caster/Rogue one in the 6th spot based on needs of the day.
    Quatr likes this.
  14. Demetri Augur

Depends on what your goal is when playing - if you look at general grinding as a chore to get over and done with only, then sure - you're racing to endgame, so min-max to whatever gets you there in 15 sec so you burn out and get into the raid/log cycle since that's what you want.

Different people have different goals - for those that are about the trip rather than the destination (which Numiko was, last time we were chatting regularly) - a deep toolkit that has less frustrations is often better than one that races to the end and then is idle and bored.
  15. Peasoop New Member

My understanding is the enchanter pets were nerfed 20%, which still makes them strong. Was there another nerf to charm along the way?
  16. Zansobar Augur

Charm is still the strongest, by far, dps in the game. It just gets stronger and stronger the higher level you go too. I would always take extra enchanters in my group, in fact I usually build charm leveling static groups and don't use a tank.
    Kraked likes this.
  17. Serona Elder

Ideal 6 box is as follows:

Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Bard
  18. Kahna Augur

They also nerfed the ability to charm "rare" mobs, which was mostly done to prevent folks from KSing, but the named in Howling stones were monsters and just ripped through that zone.
  19. Kraked Augur

Bard/Necro/Enchx2/Druid/Cleric is probably the best group I've ever had.

x4 charm pets rolling at all times. Bard for puller and extra mana song, spot charms in a pinch, spot mezs. Dual heals from cleric/druid make it easy to sustain mana from heals and the pets rarely if ever need a heal at that point.
  20. Kraked Augur

The Helot Skellies have HT and it resets almost instantly between mobs, while low HP they steamroll mobs in that zone. Just need to HP buff it and watch its health.