Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Slasher Augur

I love how they're responding to other issues but completely silent on the pbae nerf to thousands of spells that was not included in the patch notes.
    Marton, Scourch, Khiandri and 2 others like this.
  2. Darkenr Elder

Yea, there are very very very few things that actually genuinely make me consider quitting.

Arguably my favorite thing to do after hitting cap level outside of a couple raid nights is have fun PLing alts, friends, etc. (not PL services, just good ole fashioned friend helping a friend). EQ is really the ONLY mmo that has this unique way to do this with a high level SK, or enchanter with DSs, etc. This change will ruin that fun for me which really sucks because this change will eviscerate that fun.

Devs, I really really hope you're reading this thread carefully, because it's spreading like wildfire on guild chats, and other areas. A lot of similar sentiment on this. PLEASE reconsider the pbae changes, especially considering this is one of the things that makes EQ so unique compared to other MMOs.
  3. Qucian New Member

100% Agreed. :( Really sad times having to re-think my subs now *sigh*.
  4. Scourch New Member

Same ughhh....
    Darkenr, Khiandri and Kaediin like this.
  5. Khiandri New Member

That's what happens if you have fun the wrong way according to the devs :p
    Darkenr likes this.
  6. Darkenr Elder

LOL apparently..
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need to get rid of all forms of PLing just my take.
    cool4joe likes this.
  8. Galvanize Lorekeeper

Thats an incredibly vague and stupid thing to say. There's a zillion ways to PL someone. If anything on Live there needs to be an easier way to catch people up to 125, it's a literal deadzone from 70-124 unless you have people PL'ing/helping you. 10x the case if you're on a Persona and can't get experience for some reason a dev decided???

Even in the recent AMA the closest a dev has come to actually levelling to max has been 3-4 years ago I recall, or outright refusing to answer the question. Its brutal and a 100 Heroic for returning players is bound to leave most of them too frustrated to keep playing. Between the awful intro/tutorial and the bleak levelling its no wonder people checking out the game from nostalgia/word of mouth abandon it soon after
    alanus likes this.
  9. Marton Augur

Nerfing AE's will not get rid of PL crews who do it for living. They will adapt as they always do.

Nerfing AE's will only fk normal people attempting to level their alts and personas.
    Darkenr likes this.
  10. Slasher Augur

They're doing it slowly to force you to buy heroics. The truth is if the heroics were actually useful like the EQ2 ones people would just do that to save time. But even the 100 heroic is a waste of time and resources they used to make it. Who had the bright idea to make a new heroic and spend resources on one that is 20-25 levels below the cap and 15 levels below where majority of your playerbase.
  11. kizant Augur

30 targets is still too high. I'd consider going to 20.
  12. MageGuy MageGuy

Whoa whoa whoa. Hang on now. NPT is now group buff?? GREAT! And not AE, fine np there.

But NOT great if there is no longer a single target version....please do not let this be the case. Can someone clarify and/or confirm whether or not there will still be a single target version?
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

20 makes sense. Seeing that the extended target window only goes to 20, no event should spawn more adds than that.
    Barton-Vox and kizant like this.
  14. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I honestly never had a PBAE hit anywhere near 30 targets. So I thought they were already nerfed back when people were mass kiting PoShadows.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Didn't say anything about not spawning more mobs, just limit the ae effects to 20.

Kill adds as nature (devs) intended and not a problem!
  16. Marton Augur

Your guild annihilates everything before any adds spawn so you have no say regarding AE limits sir :D.
  17. Galvanize Lorekeeper

I mean if you're gonna lower it from infinity to a #, it makes sense to use 20 since it's Xtar cap. Why limit it to 1.5x the number of mobs you can even see on hatelist/target?
    kizant likes this.
  18. Gialana Augur

Limiting it to a feature that was introduced long after the spells and increased to its current capacity even later also doesn't make a lot of sense.
  19. Cadira Augur

It blows my mind how it took the devs so many years to update reavers bargain, and when they finally do they manage to make it worse than it currently is.

Hit damage threshold needs increased a lot for it to continue with its og design (somewhere between 60 and 80k probably at max rank) and damage cap needs dramatically increased from 500k.

Right now, we're gonna hit this and it's going to fade in 15 seconds from tanking one add.
  20. alanus Augur

If it makes you feel better, Champion's Oath is probably even more useless. The heal from it, when it crits, is 20% as much as our normal burst heal does. The rune lasts under 10 seconds when tanking just a single t2 trash mob
    fransisco, Allayna and Cadira like this.