PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nah, spell data doesn't work that way.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Why did you think enchanter AE stuns were set to different timers a couple years ago?
  3. WeCameWeConquered Elder

This is false..
    Doze and AzzlannOG like this.
  4. AzzlannOG Elder

Most of what those guys were saying was nonsense..
    Doze likes this.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

ironic coming from you. The 2nd biggest culprit of nonsense spewing in this thread.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

It isn't. I dare you go list every expansion in game and name one event specifically designed around unlimited AE CC.
  7. AzzlannOG Elder

I simply fight for justice on behalf of the good people of Norrath. Justice was served in the case of FTE, and I intend to see it served once again.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

Seems like you're fighting for justice for zone disrupters. Good fight. Keep it up Captain Altruistic.
    Demetri and Manwitplanz like this.
  9. AzzlannOG Elder

Everyone could be considered a "zone disrupter" to anyone else. That is meaningless, just your label of some hypothetical people. I can count on 1 hand the times I've been disrupted by some aoe group.
  10. AzzlannOG Elder

More nonsense. You challenge people to do something that is not doable, therefore you win. I challenge you to show me one encounter that was designed specifically around Complete heal? Can you do that? No because that's not something that is documented in any way and no encounter was designed around one particular spell. And yet Complete heal rotations are the meta in early EQ, nearly everyone does it.
    Doze likes this.
  11. Lluianae Elder

It's been a long time, but I recall contemporary Sendaii was by Zajeer and the end had that intent.

All the 30-40 adds would swarm the raid, we stacked up and had AE CC while the rest of us used PBAEs to blitz them down. That many elite guards was a lot of melee damage, you couldn't just OT them all while still dealing with the Queen. The first time we saw all those adds we didn't expect it and wiped fast, but the next pull we beat it. One of the only raid encounters while I played where Clerics were encouraged to earthquake as a priority.

Zajeer was watching us as we were one of the initial guilds to beat it. One of our Shamans insulted him in shout chat, Zajeer made him go LD to which he said "Oops, did Hjalluf go LD? =P". Fun times.

Now I can't say if the magma blobs in Commodus were intended to be CC bubbled the way most guilds did in the day, but if guilds were quite low on DPS (or you lacked bodies in the contemporary Solteris summer days) you could easily have enough up causing the zone to start to lag.
    Doze, WeCameWeConquered and AzzlannOG like this.
  12. AzzlannOG Elder

Thats one of the great parts of EQ, especially back in the day. You had to find your own way, and information and strats were passed along until everyone had it down. I would argue what guilds end up doing to tackle encounters is more important than what the developers had in mind whenever they created them.
    Doze likes this.
  13. Intercept Augur

Your kidding, right? It will make a massive difference as they pull 100s of mobs currently assuming competent.

This should have been the change rather than adding the global to all enchanter stuns. Max targets or mob immunity.
  14. Doze Augur

As in 200+?!
    I have yet to experience anyone pulling that many at the same time.
    In what zone and during what expansion are they doing that?
  15. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Y'all are trying to disclaimer your way around this topic with the particular wording of "specifically designed around unlimited AE CC". The fact of the matter is, those AEs had no limit and thus any encounter with numerous adds that were meant to be AEd were designed with them in mind. You don't have to go any further than Coirnav to find an event with a large number of adds that are meant to be AEd. Counting them up to see if they fit within this new limit has no baring on the orignal event design - the event was made with the intention that these mobs would be AEd, however many of them there were in a wave.
    AzzlannOG and Doze like this.
  16. Blastoff Augur

I was doing 2-300 mob pulls in bonfire (lichen creep dz) during uf/hot. Sad the single chanter strat is getting nerfed, I was looking forward to seeing the it in later xpacs. I'm at least getting to have some fun with it on vaniki before the nerf.
  17. Doze Augur

dz being the keyword here ... that won't affect anyone other than the people you invite to come along.

That got nerfed a while back already when they changed all the PBAE stuns to be on the same timer.
  18. Blastoff Augur

Look at the video on page 1 I posted, you could still do it with 1 chanter...Mez the pull, go get more mobs, keep the pile mezzed. Then stun, nuke, remez. Been possible since they made the targeted green mez infinite targets during Coirnav's Velious. It had a hit limit before that patch.

That video was the first time I did it successfully. Pretty good at it now, I was getting 90 AA pulls by the end of UF. Once HoT hit I could kill a pile in one set of burns. Seeing my casters over a million DPS at level 90 was really cool.
    Doze likes this.
  19. Doze Augur

This is pretty cool (even if unsafe).
    Most of the PL AE groups couldn't make use of that strategy though since they all seem to use bard PBAE DOT songs as well (at the least all of the ones making huge pulls that I have observed* did).
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

All forms of Pling should be removed from eq!