PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Grok Augur

Great change.
  2. AzzlannOG Elder

why?
  3. MMOer Augur

Why does AOE need to even hit 30?

Knock that down to 10 IMO
  4. AzzlannOG Elder

Why do you dislike things that are fun and good?
    25thAnniBaby and Doze like this.
  5. Zansobar Augur

I know they implemented a 4 or 5 target ae limit for Bards, I just don't know if that also applies to PBAoE spells also.
  6. Zansobar Augur

That's like, your opinion. It is not the opinion of most players in EQ.
  7. Celatusp99 Augur

That aoeing is fun? Than they have never tried. They really are just trying to kill the game off, death by 1000 nerfs.
    Doze likes this.
  8. Zalphos Journeyman

30 won't do anything. The number should be much, much lower.
  9. AzzlannOG Elder

Have you ever AoE'd down 70 stunned mobs? it glorious. It's just innately great, everyone who has a soul loves it. Plus even if some people didn't like it (which is nearly impossible) what is the harm that the normal way is causing?
    Doze likes this.
  10. AzzlannOG Elder

This seems like the same as old people who call the police when they see kids having fun playing basketball or something in the street. Why should it be lower? just because there are people out there having fun, and it upsets you?
  11. Zalphos Journeyman

Other people wanna have fun too. You can't have an entire zone.
  12. Blastoff Augur

They never should have nerfed enc stuns to share a timer in the first place. It was a high risk high reward leveling strat anyone could do totally unique to eq. Forcing everyone into grinding on mobs one at a time is just boring. Unless it's some huge strain on server performance in other zones, they're just making eq more flavorless and removing a quirk that makes it unique.
    25thAnniBaby and Doze like this.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

They'll bring it back right when shakerpaging becomes viable again.
  14. Doze Augur

This would 100% break multiple raid encounters designed specifically for PBAE to be used.
  15. Doze Augur

You can though - especially on TLPs with picks and AoC instances.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There are no events that were designed specifically for unlimited AE anything.

There are events players found the easiest/fastest way to beat was to use unlimited AE stun/mez/dd, etc., but they were never designed around it.
    Demetri likes this.
  17. Kahna Augur

Not really. An AE group can monopolize an entire zone without enough people to actually spawn a second pick. When others enter the zone they see there is nothing up and leave, so a pick never spawns. PoI is a lovely zone for folks to solo in, when it isn't being slaughtered by an AEer. As someone who likes to farm all my tradeskill mats myself I have frequently been shut out by AEers in that zone.
    Demetri likes this.
  18. Lateryn Augur

You can tell the ones that don't want to lose their krono making business.

I am interested to see what effect this has on AE pl. It has to do something. The obvious solution of "just bring more" doesn't solve the issue of which 30 mobs are stunned in the typical pull of 100s of mobs. You could have 10 chanters just stunning the same 30 mobs missing the rest.

The damage can be somewhat solved with just rotating wizards in and out of group(Because you dont want them all in group, they want to sell slots, its a business), to blow their mana, then swap. So you will eventually kill the normal huge pulls with enough wizard mana to cover it.

If it just makes these businesses pull only ≤30 mobs each time, that is a huge hit to overall efficiency and speed. Doesn't matter if they have a line of wizards to swap in to chain pull, its still a hit compared to pulling 100-200s at once.
  19. Doze Augur

This is a problem with the fact that AE PL'ers are allowed to constantly disrupt a zone without even the remotest of consequences rather than it is about the occasional group of real players seeking to have some fun with some PB AE action.
  20. AzzlannOG Elder

If they want to handle some of the disruptive bot groups i'm all good with that and there are other ways. This is about the stupidest way they could try and fix that because there will still be just as many PL groups, and now me and my guildies or friends can blast out aa's or alts aoe style. Dumb change. Dont do it DB.
    Doze likes this.