Increase Xp rates for Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, Apr 11, 2024.

1. GRACUS Lorekeeper

As I get older playing EQ I feel as if the grind takes a toll on my body. Especially when you racing to max lvl (AA)to be able ro raid. I really hope they increase the xp by 50% or even 100%.

I bought the Laurion's Song expansion specifically cause I got tired of doing back flags and tradeskills all over again on an alt. This was a major quality of life improvement. Better Xp is also a major quality of life improvement.
  2. MMOer Augur

Id take normal exp. Perfect rate.

IMO the bonus for the Holiday on server release always speeds up the grouping content way too much.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  3. Zansobar Augur

I'm good with a normal xp rate. It's worked fine for many many TLPs.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  4. Candystore Augur

The problem isn't the xp rate, it is the need some players feel to keep up with others.

Increasing xp won't change that, the desire to keep up remains a constant.

2 possible solutions
    -learn to play at your own pace
    -play a different game
    Iyacc and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  5. Arclyte Augur

6. CdeezNotes Augur

At any given time, 20-50% of all AAs are absolutely useless and don't serve a single purpose on raids. You don't need to be maxed besides your desire of not having FOMO.

The only level significant grind is 0-50 or now 0-60. After that, 5 levels per cap increase only takes 5-10 total hours of grinding and/or progression to reach max until much later in the game (TOV+) when all exp comes from progression/Overseer.

Aa's don't take much time, especially when you consider all the bonuses you get in a year.
  7. Klokk Journeyman

Bonus xp would be a great addition imo. Especially for Teek (but perhaps Tormax too). All the loot and fast xp would be alot of fun for personas. Or some cool hotzone fun etc. Maybe a bit late to add a whole new game system though.

As stated above, the xp rate at current is not at all impossible to max out and such. Its also still true that if sped up, it helps late joiners catch up and persona fun.

Also stated above, problem being people feeling like they must keep up with others. Totally agree, when I'm 60 on Saturday or Sunday I'm sure there will be some haters, always is. Its also true that the key difference is a planned high playtime group, not the xp rate. Totally agree, but I also feel kicking it up doesn't really hurt my play experience. (I've had this experience dozens of times haha)

I usually only play 1 main and thats it. Gives me time to focus on maxing out everything. Would be neat to be in a position with fast xp and personas to keep engaged. I have 3 friends that are playing casual, I'll be in a static group no lifing the launch. Would be fun to join em on a persona after the launch craze and see decent character progression in short unscheduled play windows.

50% extra to make kills in the 50s go from like 0.25% per kill to 0.375% wouldn't make it like the 4% per kill on live FV but still very noticeable. We still wouldnt be churning camps/zones every hour like if playing on a live (125 cap) server.

Just my 2cp.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

It works for you but it keeps thousands more from signing up every TLP.

I don't know about you but sometime in my life I would like to see EQ3 or EQ remake or something so more players is never a bad thing.
  9. Twizle Lorekeeper

they should just remove the penalised xp rates that get removed with GoD and TSS, pretty senseless having those in and releasing a server with a max level of 60.