Bag bundle 4 TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ilshade, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Ilshade Augur

If you buy the bag bundle you can claim it on any future TLP once per account correct it will stay in unclaimed basically forever ?
    Each bundle is one per account also correct ?
  2. Demetri Augur

Yes, it just shows up in /claim and waits there until you burn it.
  3. kain200 Augur

Yeah I still have the vexing bundles on all my accounts that I bought just before Oakwynd came out. They changed it to a new bundle around the time the server launched. I never ended up claiming them on oakwynd so I have them ready to go for Teek!
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

They need to remove the LORE tags from all bags bought in bundles off the website, as well as the once per account restriction. If we can afford them, we should be able to buy them, as many as we wish.
    Appren likes this.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I wonder what the reasoning is for limiting bag purchases. It feels like they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

All I can think of is they do it so bag buyers spread out the purchases so each year looks more even financially ($50 a year for 3 years over $150 year one and $0 year 2 and 3).

Even that seems odd because you miss out on serial rerollers each TLP buying new bags.
  6. Demetri Augur

To be honest
    To be honest this year, even with LORE you can damn well almost do that even if you bought the double pack last year with just this years offerings.

CotF bundle - 2 bags (Yea, they're not 40s, but 20/22 is quite healthy for Classic era)
    LS Xpac Tier2-4 - 1 bag
    Fippy Fest - 1 bag
    2023 Small Set - 1 bag
    2024 Big Set - 2 bags

That's 7 slots covered with better than average bags while sticking to the LORE limitations. Assuming you don't perk, that's almost everything set (fully set in my case for non-perked slots, since I like to use a bag with a size limit (like guano harvester bag) at the top of my inventory to help filter autolooting automatically some)
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Not everybody buys the high tier expansions, plus they only give one of each bag anymore. Also, not everybody did or will do the Fippy Fest thing. And then again, not everybody is jumping servers. It looks to me that DayPaw's answer to making money is "intellectually challenged" and not taking into account real world inflation and economy. What they are selling are digital products. They do not require resources other than man-hour and the computers and servers they already have in place. No supply chains or raw materials to worry about. They could drop the restrictions in place, and stop putting bags at both ridiculous prices, and bundled in ridiculously high priced bundles. Less per each individual sale would be made, but far mor profits overall. Especially when you factor in the rampant epidemic that is alt-itis.
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  8. Demetri Augur

Wasn't stating anyone SHOULD, wasn't marketing the idea (not even sure if I will myself, been debating the last few days before I saw your post already). Just stating for the "infinite cash cow" that wants bags, LORE isn't much of a limitation right now.

And while I'd agree for most expacs when it comes to TLP - especially for bag hoarders/alters LS is one of the first high value ones for TLPs - among other things because the bags stick across the personas seamlessly rather than having to do annoying shared bank nonsense. But yea, historically wife and I have only really done xpacs for mains when there was a super appealing trinket knowing we'd likely be done before the xpac came out. (Although Phinigel proved us wrong on that for the Velious 2.0 set!)

Also note on the "Big Bag Set" - the fact that resurrection tokens are part of it and give rezzes to anyone, it IS selling (temporary) power to those that can afford it. If you make those infinitely purchasable you've made death have basically zero sting to those with deep enough pockets to not sweat $31.50 every group wipe even without a cleric/pal/EE stocked nec around.
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Leaving out the wall of text to save people's eyes only.

I am only speaking about bags. Rez tokens are something else, and just to be clear, I AM all for selling those on the Marketplace. There are times that a death occurs, perhaps it's the cleric, and no other rez is available. Time is money, and paying for a rez at $2.50USD a pop is situationally, a good deal versus having to run someone back through potentially dangerous territory, wasting even more time. I would personally be fine with them being a 0% resurrection, if you want to argue that any amount of lost xp return is "granting power".

So let's move on past where we do agree in regards to bags, personas. Right now, personas use the exact same inventory AND bags as the main character. Alts do not have that limitation. This is probably the biggest drawback to using a persona. Being able to have a full inventory of the same 40+ slot bag means you can have a bag for several personas and their respective gear, so things don't become disorganized, or worse, use up all available inventory that might otherwise be used for loot.

Where can we agree?
    • Remove Lore tag and once per account restrictions from website bag purchases.
    • Reduce the price overall for bags to be more in line with current economics.
    • For TLPs, do not restrict the bags available on the Marketplace. All bags, especially higher capacity bags normally found on regular servers, should also be available on a TLP from day one.
    The reality is, having inventory space does not somehow win the game for you.
  10. Demetri Augur

As a packrat, I definitely wouldn't mind your ideas - but it's easily mitigated.

And persona bag space issue is strongly in benefit of personas for early eras when most gear is ALL/ALL. Sure, OoW+ or so when that diminishes to more modern itemization it's more of an issue though.

(Although that said, by the time Tormax/Teek need to worry about it, we'll have the 2025 xpac which from dev comments regarding the "persona gear space issue", I HIGHLY expect to have a "persona gear locker" perk as the new feature)
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

This would actually significantly hurt bag sales.

Even wasting claims on the HoT collector bags on every single junk character and then even popping 2 into shared slots and claiming 2 more im down to a measly 921 remainig.

You could just claim those bags the rest of your life and never run out and fill your entire bank and inventory with them for $35 one time fee for the next 10 TLPs. yes some people would still stock up on the 40 slotters. but not as many. Net loss in revenue can easily be forecasted.

it is setup to maximize the revenue stream without trivializing the 5 in game 100% bags available in classic / kunark / velious. Any combination of those 5 bags + the 7 you can get out of game is 12 bags which is how many inventory slots you have with the perk.

I just don't think they want to kill the value of the in game drops completely, they are already of nominal importance with 40 slotters as is.

I would propose that I would love to see 40 slotters on the marketplace that are not lore that are 0% WR but weight like 50 stones and can be placed in your bank and dragons hoard and available on server launch - This solves any bank concerns and generates revenue. Say 700 DBC each or something....whew thats some good bank space monetization.
  12. Doezit Lorekeeper

I am not sure why DPG would want to limit the number of times you can purchase the pack bundles. Large bags add a convenience for players and obviously more income to DPG.
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Your math and logic are flawed. I fail to understand how removing a restriction on how many of these bags you can buy will prevent sales. Also, bear in mind, not all players play on Live servers. You don't see those HoT bags until... wait for it... HoT on a TLP.

And you've failed to account for storage alts, which we all have, not to mention just bank slots on your main that would benefit from having MORE high capacity bags.
  14. Zansobar Augur

It would be nice if they would allow you to buy the 40 slot 100% wt reduction bags as many times as you want, but the reason they have given in the past is the bags have to have a unique name. So they would have to create numerous unique names. They could just name it for the new TLP server that comes out each year and then add an A-Z suffix. For example, this year there is the Teek A, Teek B, Teek C, etc to Teek Z bags that are all 40 slot 100% wt reduction. You can buy individually up to at least 26 of them and use them on a single server. Then next year they can repeat and you can continue to load up on bags if you start on a new server or need more than 26 on a past server. Or they can arbitrarily set the limit higher using additional naming.

I'm not sure why they don't do it, I'm sure their announced reason will be so that tailor made bags still have some value.

I for one would probably buy 10 to 20 of them each TLP if they were priced around $10 to $20 each. Heck I'd probably still do the same if they were even higher.
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

What are you talking about? I can claim the HoT CE bags on day one of any server...if lore is removed you never have to buy again..i don't play live. if they ain't lore i can claim 900 of them....

Get it together man!
  16. Kahna Augur

You can claim the HoT bags on day 1 on a TLP.
    Doze likes this.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Oh wait, I get it now, you mean the bag collection add on from HoT. Your personal shorthand confused me. Yes, those can be claimed from day one on a TLP, HOWEVER, I was only speaking about the 40+ slot bags they add once per year on the website. Pretty sure I was clear about that.
  18. Celatusp99 Augur

I just save em up but i agree seems to be a poor decision from a sales perspective. Just make em non lore and let me buy as many as i choose.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  19. Crackers Augur

Obviously the bags are lore, so you can't claim multiple of the same type. But the sales description says...

Except where explicitly noted, these packs are only available once per account. In-game items that are claimed on a server cannot be transferred to another server.

Has anyone actually tried buying more than one set to bank for future use?
  20. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

There is an old post somewhere by a dev about the complex mess behind these bags and bag slots. That is probably the only reason they don't touch the lore tag on these bags.