PoP locked server Agnaar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rooster123, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Rooster123 New Member

Please make xfer available to Agnaar from TLPs.The server needs fresh blood. A lot of people like that version and are not allowed to transfer there.
  2. Kahna Augur

Which TLP? Oakwynd? Can't, it has bonuses and can't transfer to a normal server. Every other server has past LDoN. Teek will have free trade, can't transfer form there, so the only one is Tormax, and only for the first year. I doubt folks playing on a brand new TLP are itching to transfer to Agnarr. If folks really wanted to play there they would roll there. They don't, so they don't.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. Agonybot2 New Member

I'd be playing on Agnarr right now if they removed the Truebox curse... Would love to just relax and duo in PoP.
  4. MMOer Augur

Been saying it for years. Seasonal PoP locked TLP that dumps into Agnarr at the end of its life. Every year do a new one.

Use cross server name reservation to avoid the name conflict mess.

This provides fresh players for Agnarr (or another base server if not agnarr)
    This provides people who love the classic era to play it fresh every year.
    This provides the people who love classic permanence.

Think of it like Everquests version of an ARPG. A yearly season that when done your character(s) drop down into the base server and a new season is begins.
    Chyron, Dre. and Vetis like this.
  5. Xeris Augur

Correct! :D A series of era locked servers that new TLP's can just dump to when they reach that era would be good.

i.e. when new tlp reaches pop, allow xfer to agnarr... when new tlp reach oow, allow xfer to oow era lock, HOT lock, etc.
    Chyron and Dre. like this.
  6. Durzin New Member

This all day long. I got a bug again recently, but don't have any interest in starting over again or playing on a standard server. I'd kill to just be able to log in 2 accounts from my main PC and relax killing some mobs. Why it's still TrueBox is so odd.
    Chyron and dwiguslowater like this.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

They originally tried to implement pop locking for TLP servers when Aradune/Rizlona were announced
    Aradune and Rizlona are on the way! | EverQuest

There was so much wailing, gnashing of teeth and chest beating that the rolled back that decision... people wanted to go 'all the way'... except most shouting the loudest are usually the serial rerollers who jump to whatever new TLP is announced :rolleyes:
  8. Silver-Crow Augur

Personally i think you're right that having an end point for TLP should be set... although i suspect that POP/Ldon is too soon.

I think if you had a standard end point of TSS that's far enough on that there will have been at least 2 TLP releases in the time frame, so most will have jumped ship by then. TSS also has a decent amount of progression and content to do, which should keep people occupied for those that choose to stay.

TLP's after that era are typically quiet, and guilds usually start folding in on themselves in order to keep going. Having old TLP's merge into an agnarr style server at this Era, would keep things going for sure.
    Chyron likes this.
  9. Splittin Journeyman

Would love to see a vote on agnarr to advance expansions.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Rooster123 New Member

Ummm no keep locked on PoP
  11. jeskola pheerie

A series of dead servers! Brilliant
    Dythan likes this.