No FTE on Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Soriano Augur

Tormax as Teek rules and non true box...it may draw several casual boxers. It would certainly be more popular than a Aradune Clone with just vanilla true box and no GM presence to enforce limitation.

Teek will get the mass box crews...again MORE customers on a true box server than a boxing server boxers go get there own drops.
  2. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I played on Oakwynd till a month ago. The 1,2 gut punches of the legacy AA exp not working for a month + depot bug wrecked its economy and it's population. Except prime time, it became a ghost-town with 20 people or so in pok. RIP Oakwynd, your evolving ruleset was interesting.

And before someone gets upset, I played a LOT. I raided in US time, and played in EU / AUS times. So the population DID dwindle.

3. Lejaun Augur

It’s weird how Oakwynd became a ghost town but still somehow managed to maintain a medium server population during the day……
  4. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I think the other thing that really hurt Oakwynd that never seems to get talked about is how completely out of control cheat program use is on that server. Not sure what happened in the last year or two but it's on a completely different level than anything I've seen on prior TLPs.

If you haven't played on TLP in a few years and plan to roll on Teak or Tormax, prepare yourselves, its a whole new game these days.
  5. Celatusp99 Augur

Bots used to have a player solution. One of the many things that FTE messed up. Although there were other griefing measures you could take against bots with FTE which is why there is no longer FTE people did not keep that griefing to bots.
  6. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I'm honestly not even really talking about the automated groups, those have been an issue for years, and despite what you say nothing was very different with on the servers that didn't have FTE other than being able to KS them, as if that's much of a setback to them.
  7. Soriano Augur

It is not ghost town yet...It was certainly not DoA...lol

There has been a very noticeable drop off in the past two weeks.

And in talking to people still there it will be just a little better than a ghost town when Teek launches...

Sounds like most were leaving either way.

While the Legacy XP issues was fixed Oakwynd lost a large block in that first month of Luclin. and it was a little over a month...Luclin Nov 9th, Patch that created Trade skill depot exploit was Nov, 15 the fix to Legacy was a month later on the next Patch.

In all fairness you also have to factor that just after the GoD launch TLP's lose a large block for the next servers every year. So all three factors combined and I doubt there is three guilds raiding after Teek launches.

The FTE haters will swear it was FTE and it wasn't.
  8. Celatusp99 Augur

I'm not sure what you mean by cheating than. You could just train them out then clear the camp they would come back and self rez and everything but if there is nothing for them to kill they just stand there.
  9. Celatusp99 Augur

There is a reason FTE did not make a come back and people leaving because of it is a big reason why. Yet some people want it back. I would just as soon have EQ than not so please quit peddling that FTE is not a reason that people left oakwynd as I assure you myself and many others did leave before kunark because of how crazy exploitable and prone to be abused to grief FTE was.
  10. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I won't ruin the surprise then.

You not only put yourself at risk of disciplinary action by doing this, it just doesn't accomplish anything. Disrupting them for an hour is absolutely meaningless when you're talking about bots that otherwise run 24/7.
  11. Celatusp99 Augur

True
  12. Lejaun Augur

Are you sure? OldtimeEQ says it’s a ghost town, so it must be so, right?
  13. Lejaun Augur

So what is your official source of why FTE isn’t on the new 25th servers? I didn’t know you worked for Daybreak / Darkpaw.

Or maybe, just maybe a big part of it is that they know that random loot eliminates a lot of the issues and Tormax won’t be as heavily populated as Teek and therefore won’t have many problems and, most important of all, it’s easier just to copy Mischief rule set and vanilla server ruleset rather than try to put FTE on it.

And as someone who actually STAYED on Oakwynd and has played other servers…..griefing of pulls was reduced to almost nothing because of FTE. To say griefing got worse is just a straight up lie to fix it to your narrative.
  14. Celatusp99 Augur

you don't know me at all but it wont be back for 2025 either it was seen as a disaster from every aspect including the fact that it took 3 months of dev time and they now have nothing to show for that time.
  15. Soriano Augur

Make a deal you do not tell me what I can "peddle" and I won't tell you to keep your FTE hatred to yourself...

You left before Kunark...was there another that did...I am sure there was...was it enough that anyone even noticed...NO...

Did a very noticeable number leave right after the launch of Luclin YES...

Did we lose some more a week later...yes but not as much ...

Is the economy destroyed...doesn't matter now a brand new free trader will kill most of what remains...

It will die the way Fippy did just sooner...
  16. Lejaun Augur

Cool story. What’s your official source on this?
  17. Celatusp99 Augur

Dont have one wait and see.
  18. Celatusp99 Augur

I would not say I hate FTE, I hate what it did to the server because it would have otherwise been fun. Until the Dupe anyway.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

What is your char name on Oakwynd? Mine is Meleegibson (barbarian shaman).
    Can you post the /played screenshot also?

20. Lejaun Augur

Exactly. You don’t have one. You are just making things up that fit your narrative. We got it. You hate FTE. That brings us back around to why someone would hate it. Usually it falls into one of two main reasons 1) They never really tried it or gave up on it early, and are just echoing the very vocal haters, or 2) They got mad because they can’t as easily bully others by training or spa racing them with over-tuned classes.