Weapon ornamentation request again

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Eteract Journeyman

Making the ask again as I have the previous two years if it would be possible to get an ornamentation in the vein of the black blade of tormenting; a simple black bladed long sword graphic. This graphic is used on several weapons so I don't see it creating an issue in terms of turning something once held as sacred into something that is now common (the way Guise of the Ancient Gods was suggested to be too important to extend the illusion w/ AAs etc).

[IMG]
    Ileasa and Dre. like this.
  2. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

Ileasa likes this.
  3. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

It seems that people who ask for ornaments hate the over the top, unrealistic skins that look like a $10 dollar fantasy knife on QVC.
    Kyzvs, Ileasa, Eteract and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Requesting player-craftable ornaments for:
    Rapier
    Short Spear
    Shaded Dagger
    Lamentation
    Painblade
    Velium Etched Stone Mace
    Mace of Tortured Nightmares
    Halberd
    Ornate Greatblade
    Crescent Staff of the Priestess
    Kyzvs, Ileasa and Eteract like this.
  5. Aura New Member

I'd like to Request an Ornament for Heartlight.

This was the version that dropped during the WAR event back in 2005
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=38290

and this is what it looks like if it is part of a Paladin swarm pet clicky which I would like for an
    Ornament please.

[IMG]
    Kyzvs, Ileasa and Veltio like this.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There were 4 expansions that had player-crafted ornaments:
    https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Crafted_Ornamentation

At the bottom of the page are the screenshots. Each of the types is a 'gallary'. Click on the side arrows to see all of them.
    Ileasa likes this.
  7. Fraknor New Member

Adding in my recommendation

The whole Ice Encrusted set for weapons,shields,bows. They are the ultra rare drops from the Torment of Velious expansion. The designs look really great and the green snowflake particle effect is cherry on top. I would pay for many of them for multiple characters!
    Ileasa likes this.
  8. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Shining Guard of the Underfoot
    Cassarah, Iron Will of Brell

Will pay in phat krono or cash!
    Fraknor likes this.
  9. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I am once again asking for The sword of truth ornament from the house of thule pack in to be made 2 hander useable. It's original desription was that it was for 2 handers, they changed the description instead of fixing the item.

Does this look like a handwrap to you? [IMG]

[IMG]

Cause it's handwrap monk fist useable, but not 2 hander useable.
    Bobokin likes this.
  10. Fraknor New Member

Not trying to flood the thread with too many but here are several more weapon designs I think are incredible and unique with my top two listed first in hopes they make it in game in some way, whether it is our purchased, crafted, or quested. (Would be really sad if locked behind raid achievements but thats just me.)

Top Two:
    Blood-Soaked Tower Shield : Terror of Luclin ultra rare drop. Large size shield that looks amazing plus with some added weight and sits on character models really nicely.
    Hastaduria : from Arx Mentis knight weapon. Would love to see this made as fitting in slashing weapons not just 2hders to allow awesome combos with either the 2hander out or sword and shield.

Rest of my recommendations:
    Cassarah, Iron Will of Brell : seconding NotRumzlug’s recommendation for this.
    Deep Stone Orc Sword : random drop from orcs in Stoneroot Falls
    Pride, Wave of Resplendence : VoA knight raid two hand slasher
    Arcane Library Paperweight : hand to hand weapon that has a unique swirling effect
    Flowing Clay Carver or Torment: Underfoot group and raid
    Fist of the Acolyte: Gilbot the Golden vendor in Brells Rest, monk weapon
    Subhuman Ripslice Claws : Gilbot the Golden vendor in Brells Rest, beastlord weapon
    Blood-soaked Hooked Knife : ToL ultra rare
    Hexxt Chitinbreaker’s Lessonteacher : mean looking basic martial weapon from Seeds of Destruction.
    Vifensa : Arx Mentis blunt weapon
    Bloodletter, Katar of the Sisters : Convorteum martial weapon
    Possessed Dreadstone’s Ravager’s Scythe : RoF berserker class weapon
    Resplendant War Maul : PoP drop from Vallon Zek
  11. error Augur

I just want Velious armor ornaments that work with old models.
    Dre. likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I want armor to work on old models period! Pretty sad when someone says your armor looks cool but you cant see it because you have luclin models off.
  13. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

I know it's a common request to be able to manually make ornaments from our owned weapons, but the following implementation would solve the need to create new items altogether:

If weapon slots could be added to an inventory tab (or future weapon ornament keyring page *wink wink Daybreak*) that changes the graphic of the corresponding equipped slot. Just slap in your already-owned weapon into a Merc Gear-like slot and off you go. I know nothing about code, but I do try and give consideration to "code simplicity" when making suggestions like these, and this was the simplest form I could conjure for the sake of the min-maxxing nature of programmers. I wish I thought of asking this in time for the recent AMA, but I'm a slow ogre. You understand.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Having to create items answers the labor question of why we don't get ornaments more often.

Theres a functional reason that this is not a simple suggestion. The texture is the item data, they have no way to separate it out. EQ2 was built that way from the ground up, but its just not possible in EQ without an entire re-write and work to have to try to extract the texture from every single item in the game.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That's not how it works. Textures are separate files from the model.

You can search the original official ornament request thread for my or Ngreth's explanation, for a deeper understanding.
    Gorehammer likes this.
  16. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'd like to see a way to make ornaments claimable on another server. So once you've earned it on one you can move it to a new one. Paid service even.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

Or whatever, graphics, theres something connected to the item data where they can't just move the visuals from one thing to another, from his explanation.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That would be a good simplified version.

To go one step further, without being too technical, but more accurate.

Weapons and ornaments are different things in the database.

They both just have a field that references the model and texture to use. Reskins are easy, but require a brand new entry in the database (or many for all the parts).

You can't just make conversions, from one to another, there is tons of hand work that has to be done for each ornament.

The model and texture can be reused, but it isn't free or automated.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Yeah I'm just talking about a reference output using item model # as the feeder. And there's probably more to it than that, like the coordinates of where to position said model in the hand, idk. Illusions are probably a different system, but they too override the current model output of what we see for our character (without a total code rewrite, hehe). There's even a couple illusions that are coded differently to override other active illusions, though I forgot which ones those were.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes I think the keyring concept would be the best approach to that.

I don't see them having an interest/time for it though.
    Gorehammer likes this.