How about a Titles/Suffixes Acct/Character Age/Life Credit

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kittyeyes, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Kittyeyes New Member

I have a suggestion for the Staff , Programmers & Dev's, How about using the Titles/Suffixes to give credit for age of Account / Character. During this Anniversary year it would be great for us all to have it show up above our Characters heads. Example: a current Suffixes choice is "of Veeshan" for the server I started on, it displays above my toon in game. Maybe a pick of two, one for Account age and the other for the Character / Toon age, example: "of Veeshan since March 24, 1999". The program would use the date in the system, to keep all honest. I have a character that is only leveled up to 56, but she was born March 24, 1999. So in game above her head would be, Kateyes Lifesaver, of Veeshan since March 24, 1999.

Come on give it a go! The data for this is already there, you get it by typing "played", and in using the "Titles/Suffixes". Just need some magic fingers work in the program. I know many a player that would love to show their age off!!! I know many an old toon that would get further life, at showing their age in game!
    -- Kateyes Lifesaver, Cleric of Luclin, formally of Veeshan. Birth: 24 Mar 1999.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like the concept. But would rather keep it in canon and somehow reference Norrathian years.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As mentioned in your other post - the system is not accurate
  4. JetZeppelin2h Augur

You do know most of us turn off the titles because they just get in way right? So you may have it on and run around thinking you are cool and all but everyone else just sees your main name that we have to type.

Titles were cool before they were added for everyone. There are still alot of us out there with real titles that were awarded for doing something special and I love to see those but the rest of the titles you get in the list are pointless. If your title isn't special and awarded by a GM as part of your surname it is pointless and should be removed. Not to say all of the in game titles are completely pointless some of them are still special and require alot of work to get but the common just hey I got to level 60 title etc should be removed and they should only make the hard to get ones exist so they mean something again. Like take for example the demiplane ones where only 1 person per raid boss win gets a title and you can only get 1 title from it based on what you do before the win. Once you get your special title you can't get the others.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My colour changing name happens on the wrong day, I really don't want to think about how they could mess this up.
    Igorath-Bertox, Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Would be better if special titles do get unlocked depending on the PC age for those that want to brag with that. But nothing like showing a date. The problem is that some titles like "Veteran" are already linked to other things, that are not important anymore on the live servers.
  7. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Elitism: the post
    Ravanta Suffer and Sprooce like this.
  8. Lodestar The Undefeated

Nobody needs a lagpile with 200 dates, 200 names, 200 guilds, and text overlapping all over the place.

I like the idea, but the amount of floating text is untenable.

You could say "people have the option to turn it off", but then they wouldn't see it anyways.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

I can see the value in this. I also wouldn't use it because I don't use titles, and I /show name 1.

I will add to this, however, that with birthdays, it could be cool if it showed an age somehow.

It shouldn't be based on time played, because we don't need to reward people for not logging out or encourage them to do so.

I kind of wish that people who are AFK, with no key input, for X amount of time, simply stop rendering, at least in the lobby.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Unless it's just about bragging rights, I don't see any real value in this. Please explain.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

My beer bottle does have an additional idea. ;) ... the PC age could be linked to the expansion phase name, when it got created. Characters that got created during the original phase (1999-03-16 - 2000-04-23) could receive the suffixes "of Antonica", "of Faydwer", and "of Odus". Or just "of Norrath". PCs that got created during the TRoK (Kunark) expansion phase could receive the suffix "of Kunark", etc. I know that some of those do already exist.

1 The Ruins of Kunark - of Kunark / the Ruins Seeker
    2 The Scars of Velious - of Velious / the Scarface / the Scars Seeker
    3 The Shadows of Luclin - of Luclin / the Shadows Seeker
    4 The Planes of Power - of the Planes / the Power Seeker
    5 The Legacy of Ykesha - of Ykesha
    6 Lost Dungeons of Norrath - the Dungeon Seeker
    7 Gates of Discord - of Taelosia / of Discord
    8 Omens of War - the Omen Seeker / of Kuua
    9 Dragons of Norrath - the Dragon Seeker
    10 Depths of Darkhollow - of Darkhollow
    11 Prophecy of Ro - the Prophet of Ro / the Prophecy Seeker
    12 The Serpent's Spine - of the Serpent's Spine
    13 The Buried Sea - of The Buried Sea
    14 Secrets of Faydwer - the Secret Seeker
    15 Seeds of Destruction - the Destruction Seed / the Destruction Seeker
    16 Underfoot - of Underfoot
    17 House of Thule - ,Visitor of Thule / of Thule
    18 Veil of Alaris - of Alaris / the Veil Seeker
    19 Rain of Fear - the Fearbringer / the Fear Seeker
    20 Call of the Forsaken - the Forsaken
    21 The Darkened Sea - the Alebringer / the Island Brother/Sister
    22 The Broken Mirror - the Mirror Seeker
    23 Empires of Kunark - ,Emperor of Kunark
    24 Ring of Scale - of the Ring
    25 The Burning Lands - the Sky Seeker
    26 Torment of Velious - ,Tormentor of Velious
    27 Claws of Veeshan - ,Veeshan's Claw
    28 Terror of Luclin - ,Luclin's Terror
    29 Night of Shadows - the Nightshadow
    30 Laurion's Song - the Innkeeper
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Great idea. Sounds like a bumper sticker. In 2024, it's really nice how people are so willing to let everyone know they self-identify as a parent of an honor roll student, a supporter of political_cause_whatever, fad_diet_whatever, or whatever other trendy thing that is all the rage nowadays. We need more of that in EQ! The only thing we really have nowadays is arguing over classic vs. Luclin models, and whether or not Drakkin should be banned.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

Time for an addition, isn't it ?
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

The only word I can think of off hand is Elder.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

And even then its not even close. How many posts in the newbie zone start out. OLD SCHOOL PLAYER FROM WAY BACK blah blah blah? I mean people think because they started in 99 and played for a year and then took a 20 year break, that they have been around forever. Only if they subtracted the years the account was inactive, would it be accurate.
    Andarriel, Herodotus and Nennius like this.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

"Old school player" is the code for noob.
    Flatchy likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea hate when ppl take this huge breaks and come back thinking there entitled to stuff.
  18. Angahran Augur

Interesting idea, however, just like people bitched and moaned about the veteran rewards only being available to, you know, veterans, I can see people throwing their toys out of the pram complaining that anything that is restricted to having an account of such and such age is "unfair".
    Nennius and KarmaKitty like this.
  19. KarmaKitty Augur

If they do something it should be based on time played rather than the character creation date.
    About time for a new VET award :p
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well, we do live in the great Age of Unfairness. Might be an expansion title and theme in that. Why work for things when they can just be given to folks?
    Angahran and Flatchy like this.