Being able to open up all bags and see everything

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AZerker, Apr 2, 2024.

1. AZerker Journeyman

At what point will we be able to open all inventory bags and bank bags and be able to see all the items, instead of running into blank squares. For us OCD people this generates a real threat!
    Iuwene, Ndaara, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Shift-B ?

Or you could set your toggle

Options > Keys > Commands (category) > Bank Bags Toggle
  3. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

OP means without items glitching and not displaying, because the game is like a NES where it can only display so many items at a time on the screen before they just start disappearing.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Huh, never had that issue. But hey I have other issues that others have not had either.
  5. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

The client can only display like 500 icons at a time, and subsequent ones disappear until others are removed (closing bank or inventory bags, for example).
  6. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Looks like someone is slacking on hunter and collections. None of my guys have any bag under 40 slots. Only in the bank which has several 34/36/38 slotters and the rest are 40.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

I have nothing useful to add ... pause ...

...but why do people need all of their bags open at once? With the Find Item window, it just lets you find stuff ... no muss, a little fuss if you need to be at a bank, but it just works.

Also, do you not remember where you put things? Few have more alts than I on one server ... and I really don't have an issue. Am I a bank storage savant?

I'm curious if this is an EQ OCD thing I managed not to pick up.
  8. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

I have this issue every time I bank (on most chars). Standard procedure over the years has become:

Rclick Banker
    N (toggle all inventory bags)
    Shift-N (toggle all bank bags)
    Move stuff around that I need to move

Lately I have inserted a bunch of escape key presses after the Shift-N to close the shared bank bags (almost baked into muscle memory now). Otherwise whenever I grab something to move, bags and icons start disappearing.

My OCD manifests itself in that I need to see everything, otherwise I might put something in the wrong spot because I couldnt see the right spot!
  9. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Yet they still keep making bigger and bigger bags every expansion without fixing this...
  10. Iuwene Augur

This is especially annoying if you use a custom banking window that opens up all bags at once.
    Even if you are not at a bank, opening your inventory bags leaves those empty fields in the last bags you opened if you have all 40+ slot bags and the trader perk for 12 inventory slots.

In another thread this was confirmed and marked as "fixed internally". That was months ago. So please take the internal fix live !
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

I am wondering if it is the root file size number limit of 512. Someone left a corpse pile in the lobby and I worked it out to 512 corpses. This won't be the only place I have brought up the 512 file limit in root folders. I blame the FAT 32. It makes you think crazy things.
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Guess I never opened enough bags for this to happen. I know there is limits on certain windows like if you are viewing the stats of an item you can only have so many item stat windows open and once you hit the limit it just removes one window when you open the next one.

The most corpses I have ever had I didn't count but I deleveled from 80 to 55 on vaniki server by binding in OT next to some skeletons. Guessing that was only around 250-260 corpses if you go off losing 10% exp per death.