if teek had truebox removed lots of more krono sales for daybreak.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Apr 5, 2024.

1. mark Augur

If teek had truebox removed say 2 weeks after launch, more people would have more active accounts. due to a lot of us wanting to box with 1pc .the krono sales and subs would increase for daybreak.
    and its a win win for a lot of us who want to play eq and take breaks when we need to.
    Daybreak grow your subs and revenue give us a nontruebox server please.
  2. Bard2019 Elder

A win-win is only applicable if both sides win - players and developer, not if the developer and a few players get their way.
  3. Gibbin Proudfoot New Member

The move isn't to remove truebox from Teek, it's to make Tormax a Teek clone with truebox removed so that both boxers and non boxers have fresh Mischief 2.0 servers to play on
    ForumBoss and Crymea like this.
  4. mark Augur

read what i said its a win win for the players who want truebox removed and it would be a win win for daybreak because they get higher revenue.
  5. Kahna Augur

And the players who don't want truebox removed? What do we get?
  6. mark Augur

gibbin if daybreak did that turn tormax into a server with mischief loot and no truebox i would be really happy and play on it because its the server i want.
  7. Celatusp99 Augur

Don't box and you just get a better server population with a better economy. You can not like boxing all you want no one really wants it stopped though lol so I dont really get your point.
  8. mark Augur

kahna you will get cheaper loot the more boxers the more loot and also if your doing your epic and are in a guild with boxers they will help you with your epic.
    many a times a guidy has said i need these mob for my epic and a few boxers and non boxers have helped, the monk epic or warrior etc an item drops i ask in guild chat and give it to guildies if they need it for an epic.last tlp i must have helped 30 plus guildies to do their epic 1.0,1.5 and 2, and not also epics but other stuff.
  9. Kahna Augur

Tried that on Ragefire/Lockjaw. It was miserable. There were no groups to be had unless you sweet talked some boxer into letting you join. Everyone eventually either left the server or boxed their own group. Played as a singleton on Rizlona as well, there was no economy on Rizlona.

I will never play on an unlimited boxing server again, it is not pleasant. The two communities are too different, you can't mix them it doesn't work. Ragefire, Lockjaw and Rizlona are all a testament to that. I am far from the only person who won't touch a boxing server with a ten foot pole. I doubt it would have a better population or any economy to speak of.
  10. Kahna Augur

Loot will already be cheap, it's Mischief loot rules. I also don't tend to buy gear I prefer to camp it myself. I do not find having a boxer do everything for me fun. I don't like being the 5th wheel in a boxers group, it is not an enjoyable playstyle for me. I don't find playing on an unrestricted boxing server to be rewarding. Swapping to unrestricted boxing simply means I skip this year, along with any of the other folks who feel as I do about boxing. So yeah, we lose.
  11. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

I think most people want a server that launches with relaxed truebox (2-3 clients). That means plenty of room for people to group up. If people aren't inviting you to their groups that might be more of a you problem.
    Muramx likes this.
  12. Kahna Augur

People do invite me to their box groups, I just don't like grouping with someone who is boxing. They are typically either bad at boxing, or they are so distracted managing their own boxes they don't have time to do anything else. It is too easy for an extra person to mess with their flow so they just want you to sit in the corner and soak exp. It is beyond boring.
  13. Gnomie Denser than most

Whenever I see a thread started by mark, I know it's going to be an interesting journey.
  14. KobalWR Lorekeeper

I'm not for relaxed truebox at launch, but I wouldn't mind if it was available on one of the two servers so people who like to box can do it more easily. We'd have less boxers on the other server so everybody wins.
    gnomesteve likes this.
  15. xxar Augur

The two servers need identical rules one FTE and one without.

I think that alone will solve all the issues.
  16. Crymea New Member

They won't relax truebox earlier than OoW. They know it's a bad business decision. It's more fun to have an active community than it is to have everyone off doing their own thing. Once they got rid of truebox on mischief everyone got very antisocial, and while the server is still going strong it's not nearly what it was. Sure some of that is just normal server attrition, but truebox does work.
    Plus, I box my guys all on different laptops anyway when I'm in the mood to do so. It's not a very hard, or even expensive thing to do now that we're all adults.