Tormax should be Mischief with Boxing Allowed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Serona, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Serona Elder

As it stands, Tormax is dead on arrival - the large majority of people are going to choose to play on the free trade random loot server vs. the traditional truebox ruleset. The only compelling reason right now to play on Tormax would be if you like slightly longer unlocks in the beginning.

The obvious thing to do is make Tormax the same ruleset as Teek but make it boxable. This makes it easier to choose between the two and should alleviate the complaints about rampant boxing on Teek. You could even throw FTE on the boxable server to help combat the fighting for open world bosses at the beginning of the server.
    Gibbin Proudfoot and jeskola like this.
  2. Logic_ New Member

Tormax is dead at launch. Seems like a wild move to advertise the most popular rulesets, and then launch a vanilla ruleset. Feels like we are sniffing our own farts.
  3. Minsc New Member

Agreed .. like Clegane Bowl .. give the people what they want!
  4. coltongrundy Augur

Boxing is allowed on both Teek and Tormax already.
  5. Tachyon Augur

they say boxing will be allowed sooner than normal
  6. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

I don't really see the point. People want to start on a server with everyone else, who's really gonna wait until Luclin or PoP to start just because they want to box 2-3 characters?

I guess I'll be checking back next year to see if they drop the truebox nonsense.
  7. Kahna Augur

OOW is when boxing gets relaxed but you can easily start now on 2 computers and run them on one computer when OOW rolls around.
  8. MMOer Augur

I think Tormax should be Random loot with no free trade, no box.

However, if they used it as a RL FT for boxers, I would see that as a better option than what it is now.
    Ogamuk and Gibbin Proudfoot like this.
  9. Tachyon Augur

sounds good! i personally have multiple systems when i fee like boxing... may duo
  10. jeskola pheerie

Under it's current ruleset and with it's competing server, Tormax will be the least successful TLP ever, perhaps even worse then the one that started in HOT
  11. Laberintica77 Journeyman

You already have a Mischief 2.0 -- why do you keep whining ?
    You don't know is DoA because it hasn't arrived yet. Agnar, Coirnav, Mangler, Yelinak , Oakwynd were not dead on arrival and all of them were claimed to be by posters like you that are crying because they're not getting a rule-set they want.

Grow up man ; this is not your company , enjoy the fact that EQ Players have another year of TLP's to play and have fun ..because its not going to last forever.
  12. dwiguslowater Journeyman

Tormax as a Teek clone with boxing would be such an elegant solution to all of the boxing drama and the lack of interest in Tormax. Give the people what they want! Give the people what they want!
  13. Serona Elder

First of all - you will check the attitude if you want to participate in my thread/discussion.

Second of all - you will be part of the masses crying when someone playing three characters steals your named mob in Seb on day 7.

Give the boxing community a place to naturally gravitate towards so we don’t have to deal with the true boxers crying about everything.
  14. Exmortis_MT Augur

I would play on Tormax as is if they made is box friendly.
  15. Intercept Augur

Tormax will be fine, they have every single server other than Mischief to pull players from who actually want to play EQ and not random free trade EQ.
  16. Exmortis_MT Augur

Personally I doubt it, but the magic here is we will know which server is the more popular after GoD drops since that is the usually first mass exodus on a TLP.

I don't think I have never seen any TLP have 600+ sellers in the bazaar post House of Thule like Mischief has and if it were not for Teek I am sure it would have stayed that high for some time.

I currently think Teek will be where I land, but if they somehow remove Truebox from Tormax....Well things will change for sure.
  17. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

No thanks. I did the truebox thing with 2 PCs thing years ago and it sucks.

Every year I check to see if they get rid of that nonsense; I'll keep waiting.
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  18. Stylin New Member

Man I used to play like this but realized how silly it was having three cheap laptops and a desktop for a game I could run twenty instances of from a single computer, sold them and decided I’d DBG wants my tlp money they can accept my single computer or no monies.
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  19. eqfanforlife Elder

Honestly they should release both servers with the Teek ruleset, and the promise to merg them when population drops.
  20. Kahna Augur

I actually prefer it. It is easier to run a box on another computer for me than to alt tab all the time. I truebox even on servers that allow boxing. Maybe you just need to streamline your setup.
    Polekn, Ogamuk, Juskov and 1 other person like this.