Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Apr 4, 2024.

1. MMOer Augur

First, the population will lean strongly more towards Teek. If you disagree you know nothing John Snow.

Two small rule changes that would help balance the population.

1) Add TLE to Tormax.
    A lot of people really liked the TLE surprisingly. Also, the freedom loving krono trading yahoos that like Free Trade rules are exactly the kind of people do that do not like TLE. So it fits.

OR and this is the better option IMO but goes against the current mind set of the "we should always offer on traditional server option".

2) Make Tormax Random Loot but not Free Trade. This way you give people the option, if they want some no drop loot or All Trade loot FV type servers.
    Sheila likes this.
  2. Cfuson Journeyman

Stop, full stop. People who want to play on a mischief clone want BOTH free trade and random loot not one or the other.
    ForumBoss and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  3. MMOer Augur

Teek has that.

Im saying Tormax could have the random loot with no free trade for people who do not like korno lords buying no drop. There are many and I mean MANY people out there who dislike krono. I would say it is the #1 reason people stay way from EQ and the TLPs. This option puts some balm on that burn.

This would balance out the populations.
  4. Fizon Augur

i personally dont want to split populations, lets all be friends on one server. Its mostly like this all the time anyway. There is always one less popular server
  5. MMOer Augur

One dead and one overpopulated is not healthy.
  6. Celatusp99 Augur

what do I care what krono lords do? Ill get bis if that's what i choose to do and not spend 1 kr. I don't understand that mentality.
  7. MMOer Augur

many many many people do not like being able to buy in game items and plat with money. I mean, really its pure pay to win so I get why.

A server where Krono has less buying power (cant trade no drops easy) would be more appealing to people who do not like krono in the 1st place.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

Random loot without FT would be vastly superior and more enticing. Was hoping for more intriguing rulesets this year considering Aradune is getting into the expansions I hate. It's unfortunate. Guess it's back to making live my main focus.
  9. AzzlannOG Elder

I am really surprised they didn't do more with Tormax, it's going to be a ghost town day one.
    Gibbin Proudfoot likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They could do more with Tormax, without copying Teeks ruleset.

Copy selos exp
    Copy Vaniki no required level on gear
    Copy Oakwynd bonus exp per char at max level
    Beastlord and Zerker at start
    All race/class combos unlocked at start if that race is availabe (not all races all classes)

I'm sure there are other bonuses from other servers they could choose from.
    Skuz and Barton-Vox like this.
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

There is no server that will compete with a Mischief 2.0

anything but two of them with a strong difference like FTE means Teek has horrible queues for a few weeks and the other server will be very light on population.
  12. Serona Elder

What is TLE? I always assumed Time Locked Expansion .. aren't both of these time locked?
  13. Appren Gnomercy

Sounds like it would be seriously frustrating to farm specific items? Oh great, I got this (insert class other than yours) item again, guess that rots. Agree that they could have made the rulesets more exciting though, taking some of oakwynds evolving, one with boxing maybe, or faster xp or...something?
  14. Kahna Augur

I can only assume he means FTE. First to Engage. Not TLE.
  15. MMOer Augur

Random loot makes it MUCH easier to farm items... since you can do it at MANY camps and not just one. Also many camps, that typically go unused due to poor drops are significantly easier.

RL with FT makes even that much easier because you can now just buy it.

RL = ez mode
    RL FT = ez ez mode krono krono
  16. fransisco Augur

I wonder how krono prices will go on the mischief clone. There won't be bottlenecks for any big ticket items.
  17. MMOer Augur

Krono prices are mostly derived from available plat and a bit from demand. So as long as no plat dupe stuff it should inflate as normal. Krono will be in high demand so a little quicker to increase would be my guess.

Servers like these are a money maker for DPG as people do buy legit krono from the store to buy in game items they want NOW
  18. fransisco Augur

True, but most people are buying kronos to get all the items they want. Contrary to popular belief, kronos are all created by players not bots. If its easy to get all the items people want, they won't have to spend money to get them
  19. Kahna Augur

That isn't actually how it plays out. Most people are playing the game to get what they want. Selling what they don't need and then buying the item is RNG doesn't favor them. It is silly to think that the majority of the population is just out there buying krono from DPG to get their gear. They don't have to, getting gear is super easy on Mischief rules servers. Heck that is the best way to fight RMT, make getting gear easy so you kill the demand for RMT.

People were giving nice gear away for free on Mischief because they had too much and it wasn't worth selling. GEBs were everywhere and the lowest price on any server I played on. Ancient Cyclops rings dropped so often my caster alts were all wearing them for the stats and we still had to let some rot.
  20. Demetri Augur

RL without FT seems like it would be a nightmare to farm many items - the buckets just get so absurdly large that they're pulling from it becomes a 1% chance to get the item you want off dozens of named instead of a 30% or so chance of the single name you focus on typically. (Like for me, I tried to farm all my gear in early Mischief + Thornblade [yes, played both] - getting GEBs for all appropriate boxes (4 per server) took me almost a full week of farming named dense areas in the appropriate spread per server - while I remember getting over 20 Gloomwater Arrows on one of them (Pretty sure TB))

That's not better odds overall, that's drastically worse.

Sure it's easier to get those pulls on the slot machine to get the right drop to show, but unless you're getting 30-40 drops in the same timeframe you'd expect to see the typical named, you're looking at far worse overall in a typical experience.
    Appren likes this.