Encounter Locking in 2024

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AzzlannOG, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Elabone Augur

I didnt read the whole thread, so Im not sure what your play experience is. But Mischief wasnt a kronolord server. Yes, you had box crews farming, but due to the nature of everything being tradeable, those crews mostly stuck to themselves inside instances. I honestly cannot recall a time where I went to do something in open world and found another box crew there.

I can understand how you can look at the server and assume it will be toxic, but im pretty sure mischief was even LESS toxic than Oakwynd was.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  2. Elabone Augur

Yea, you know, im really surprised they didnt FTE the servers. I didnt care either way, but I would have thought it was almost a guarantee.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  3. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I was shocked that neither server would be FTE...From the players on Oakwynd I figured both would be and all going forward non FTE would be a TLP in the near future for those who hate FTE....
  4. Gutznmutz New Member

I played Oakwynd and it wasn't bad at all. It was really nice to not be trained or KSed. All the issues about mobs killing others who were not encounter locked is insanely overblown. Very minimal issues with FTE compared to the problems it solved for me.
  5. Gutznmutz New Member

I will not be playing teek without FTE. Toxicity and bots are just too high without it.
    Efr3 and fransisco like this.
  6. Krizem Augur

FTE is dead Jim.
  7. AzzlannOG Elder

Playing the game as it has been for 24/25 years is to much for ya huh? I think you should give it a shot.
  8. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Seriously, I can't believe people are considering playing on Teek when it's going to have personas. It's so...impure. I still stare at my book when I med.
  9. AzzlannOG Elder

Cool thing about personas is that you dont ever notice they are there unless you would like to use them.
  10. Elabone Augur

Until there's a full group of ogres in crush bone 8 mins after the server launches lol
  11. Efr3 Journeyman

I think having random loot servers and FTE servers are the best things ever for modern EQ but still most of all we need a no box TLP server. I'd like a server with both and no boxing allowed.