Guild and Guild leader Active time.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Drakang Augur

The Silent Minority was founded April 11th 2002. The guild has been going strong and getting stronger ever since. Between founding and 2008 there were 5 guild leaders. In late 2008 I became guild leader and have been doing that job ever since. I am just curious how many guilds have been going strong for at least 20 years. How many guild leaders have lasted 15 years or longer. It can be a tough job that leads to burnout.
  2. JetZeppelin2h Augur

What do you define as going strong? I have had 3 guilds that have existed for 20 years or longer but then they are just guilds that exist but do you mean a guild that raids and beats end game content or just existing and people in them?
  3. Cuzon Elder

I take it you are wanting a pat on the back and a gold star?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Drakang Augur

No. Just wondering who else is this crazy.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

adetia is one of the longest running ones I know of but I'm sure there's some backwoods guilds nobody has ever heard of with a lot of time.
    adetia and Fenthen like this.
  6. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I know of some guild leaders who are no longer guild leaders because they died irl but never stopped playing.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

Corwyhn and Lions of the Heart on Xev/Druzzil Ro/Xegony. I forget how long, but close to 25 years. Same original guild leader.

But it sounds like they might have finally broke him lately with unwanted changes.
    Fenthen and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Triton has been raiding since 1999. Arrowheade was the guild leader for about 10 years, but he's now retired.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I started Lions of the Heart and have been the guild leader since inception in late 1999.
    Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Still trying to hang in there but yeah I am getting a bit fed up with DB and some of their changes.

And there is the fact our guild hall has been bugged for a couple of weeks and no fix in yet. And from what I hear other guilds took months to get their problem fixed.

DB obviously has a buggy guild hall situation and the fact they don't have a quick fix tor it is idiotic.

Can't place anything because it says the guild hall is at capacity although it is clearly empty. Only things in the real estate inventory are a few items from my eviction crate. I suspect the game things all the old items are still there and it only loaded a few items from the eviction crate and the rest poofed.

Not sure how this affects other guilds but losing the anchor ports and such is a major pain.

The fact it seems to take months to fix this each time it happens REALLY pisses me off.

So yeah I have stuck with the game for 25 years as a guild leader but Daybreak seems determined to drive me away.
  11. strongbus Augur

drive you away or drive you nuts?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I've always been nuts. :) Well when you define sanity as the mental state of the majority :)
    Nennius likes this.
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

I like my arrangement- it's very similar to having a home, a close set of next door neighbors, and a larger neighborhood.

My guild is like my house-- very few residents, but we're very close. I don't think we've ever had enough people to field a full raid force, but in the golden age of the guild we could probably get two full groups together. My guild leader is officially the guild leader, but it's honestly a very open and cooperative guild of a few active players. There is little need to guide, guard, or govern.

I have scheduled group nights with my fellowship that includes the other two most active people in my guild and a 3 other people from two other guilds (and some boxes/alts). These are my "next door neighbors". We're very close and talk a lot (even outside of EQ).

My guild is part of a very established raid alliance and we consistently raid weekly and have additional events pop up as people are willing to lead other events. This is my neighborhood. The leaders of alliance raids are the closest I have to authoritative leadership in game, but honestly, I appreciate the work and style of the raid leader(s) that I would happily pay them a monthly fee to continue doing what they do. I'm not even joking.

As I said-- I like my arrangement.
    Lubianx and Nennius like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

On Bristlebane we have had the same GL since 2003 or so. When we find a comfortable rut we stay stuck.
    Tallie and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. strongbus Augur

on bertox es has been going form the begin of the game we have had the current Gl for bout 15 years
  16. Windance Augur

Eternal Sovereign
    - Born on Oct 1 1999
    - Original Server was Tholuxe Paells
    - Original Guild leader Foxxs lasted only 6 months before absconding with guild bank!
    - 8th Guild Leader is Kazh, he's been serving since 2011

In 2013 - Chitiwok (raid leader) organized and led a 26 hour EQ Raid Marathon on Bertoxxulous in Nizzi's honor ( previous guild leader ) when he was diagnosed with Leukemia. This Raid Marathon was promoted and supported by SoE via their social media channel, and was very well attended -- including players who transferred from other servers to add sport. We estimated up to 100 players rotated in throughout the event.

The EQ Marathon Raid raised over $5000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

https://pages.lls.org/ltn/noh/Clevelnd13/ThatsHowYouGetAnts

I joined ES in 2012 and we've had ups and downs, but still here powering on.

Special thanks to Lorai for putting together the ES history timeline for our 20th birthday. Its going to be time to do a 25th update soon ...