Since the other server going to be dead....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tharvog, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Tharvog Elder

Can we trade names? :) Tormax kinda slaps, but teek... not so much

Normal human model with a yellow robe for AoC kinda is :confused:.

Dead server gets a cool giant and a cool name....

Petty stuff aside... anyone else wonder if people will actually play Tormax? Over a mischief clone(even if the name of said clone SUCKS)??

If you are one of those players im dying to know why.
    Gibbin Proudfoot likes this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Tormax may hit high some time during launch week, but will drop to low before the next expansion and will probably never see high pop ever again. Yes I think it will be DOA. They would be much better served adding a second Mischief 2.0 server with FTE enabled, maybe also with a Classic start just to switch it up a bit.
  3. Soriano Augur

Free Trade is the only way to make a sever named Teek popular.

Launching it against a free trade server is the only way to make Tormax an unpopular server.

Tormax should have same rules and FTE.

As it stands now Teek will have serious queue issues and Tormax will have a small crowd on launch mostly people frustrated with Teek queue and will never have a solid population which kills any new server.
  4. Agonybot2 New Member

Realistically, I will play on Teek as my main, but once we get to Luclin, I would probably make an alt on Tormax to mess around with since I will be raid logging for so long... Sometimes it is fun to slog through reg ruleset when the game has enough content.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

They listened to the galaxy brain community with this about Mischief and Thornblade. Now they've been left with a graveyard server for the last 2 years.

Anyways, the names should be swapped, not because of "coolness" but because Mischief (Bristlebane) and Tormax share the same expansion. Also, Teek should become an evolving ruleset server, similar to what Oakwynd had, due to it's name. It should also probably have hot zones from the get-go.
  6. Tharvog Elder

Really going with the phinny clone? interesting
  7. Tharvog Elder

Mischief was super populated while thornblade was mid. The overflow server would have been more useful if more mischief players came and a clear merger plan was in place. Not knowing if you were going to get STUCK there on a dead server made a lot of folks minds up early on not to go. They ultimately ended up being right too, as most of us had to PAY for a transfer off.

All that to say over flow servers are fine IF they merge them before it gets bad
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

They don't. And they won't. There are too many examples to think otherwise other than blind faith. So my point stands until they prove otherwise. A "spillover" server or secondary server will just result in a waste of resources for the company.
    Tharvog likes this.
  9. Soriano Augur

While I do not disagree with your post...Tormax as planned will just result in a waste of resources for the company.
    Zansobar likes this.
  10. Soriano Augur

Make Teek and Tormax identical. make one of them FTE the other non FTE.

There are many people who do not like FTE...

There are a lot of people who want FTE particularly after playing on Oakwynd.

It will balance the two servers somewhat and help combat queues on either..
    Zansobar likes this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

I agree. It would be a good test of how popular FTE is too. Of course the random loot already helps a bit since the Kronolords can't lock down all drops.
  12. Celatusp99 Augur

FTE is nevermore to many ways to exploit it. Its done. Could maybe do tormax as a clone with a classic start since a few people ask for it.
  13. Soriano Augur

Sounds more like you are afraid FTE is more popular than you want to accept....but time will tell.

I am not rolling on either of the new servers because they are not going to be FTE...
  14. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

FTE is why I came back in 2023....no FTE is why I am leaving in 2024.

No you can not have my stuff...lol

already gave away 62 krono on Oakwynd to a buddy of mine.
  15. Fizon Augur

Nah 2 identical servers is how you get thornblade, a completely dead server, why split everyone up
  16. Tharvog Elder

FTE is fine if they fix some of the on going known bugs.

But seriously, what is the difference to you? Before you had to win the lottery on who landed the nuke first and now you have to win the lottery on who hit first :confused:

Not getting trained ...okay reasonable, how often do you get trained ?? Never been an issue for me unless i was asking for it. If you are getting trained a lot then you prob deserved it.
    Sheila likes this.
  17. Celatusp99 Augur

Popular? It was the worst toxic brew I have seen in eq. There is a reason its not coming back and its not just because its unpopular.
  18. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

And yet they also want us to waste resources to be able to box the legit way, that company is off the rockers
    Gibbin Proudfoot likes this.
  19. Celatusp99 Augur

sorry you're not coming back. I have plenty of my own stuff though. FTE was a nightmare I'm glad you did not see how bad it actually was. It was pretty much the worst experience of my eq career spanning 25 years and I had to put in more tickets than I ever did on a normal server a fair few because we found ways to exploit the hell out of it. Most however because of it being abused to grief people.
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

You are in the minority calling FTE toxic most see it as far less toxic. Sounds like you think a player being able to prevent you from kill stealing is an exploit...when that was the POINT.

Oakwynd was strong until Luclin Launched and day one people with 8 level 60 characters got no bonus on AA and 6 days later a exploit hits and farmers on Oakwynd destroyed the economy.

FTE was well received by a large segment of the player base...if it is gone forever so be it....I will not subscribe for a non FTE server.