2025 TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

starting it up now
  2. Kimol New Member

lets see what happens..
  3. Demetri Augur

Let's see how many hours premature this ends up being
  4. Demetri Augur

Guessing the servers that caught on fire may delay it: Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Mangler, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony
  5. Numiko Augur

Mischief was getting minute long lag spikes today too, finely gave up trying to play and logged off.
  6. samenye Lorekeeper

Has anyone made a random TLP wishlist generator yet, the way there used to be a (really good) random 'I am quitting EQ' rant post generator back in the real old days.

If not, why not?
  7. Laberintica77 Journeyman

I really hope one year they decide to not bring any more servers. Sometimes people like you have to realize how lucky you are with what you have vs. what you want.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Skip a year. Seriously, skip a year, and focus on one (or better, both) of two things.
    1. Bug fixes and back end systems upgrades. There are far too many bugs to list. Also, the rollouts for the new UI engine and DX11 have been failures to date. Take the time to un... fix them.
    2. Take the time to make a REAL and FULL expansion. Look to TSS for inspiration. It should have something for every one, in features AND content.
    The old adage is true, you gotta spend money, to make money. I think EQ has about run its course, and close to being put out to the "maintenance mode" pasture. Let it go out with a bang, before the inevitable shift of resources to EQ3 development. I've several times listed many ways to better monetize the game, things that could help offset any losses from a new TLP. In case those were missed, I'll list some again.
    • Remove the LORE tag and once per account flag from the bag sales on the website, the bags that change for every TLP. Let us buy as many as we can/want.
    • Sell the 100% resurrection coins that come bundled with bag sales and expansion bundles, on the Marketplace.
    • Regardless if it's a fresh TLP, reintroduce ALL mounts normally available in the Marketplace on Live servers.
    • Same for all illusion and petamorph clickies.
    • Advertise, advertise, advertise! Especially advertise EQ3 as it gets closer to being a reality.
    In the meantime, for everybody going to one of the new TLPs, I sincerely wish you the best, and hope you have a blast there.
  9. Agonybot2 New Member

If Teek plays out well, I wouldn't mind if they skipped TLP's next year simply because I would keep playing on Teek... Maybe see past OoW on a TLP...

I agree with the MTX suggestions as well... with the subscription adding no level lost on death, the value of the resurrection token being too strong and dumpstering one of the most important aspects of the Cleric is no longer, imo, a big deal... it is just a timesaver at this point.
  10. NeverEverQuest New Member

No krono tlp is the only tlp I'm waiting for.
  11. Epicus Journeyman

I want a no krono and no micro transaction tlp. You have plenty of other tlp servers to farm players. Increase the subscription fee if necessary.
    Fairweathercharmer likes this.
  12. MileyVyrus Augur

Imagine the love child that poster #1 and #3 would create for this forum.
  13. Zansobar Augur

There is no need to skip a year for TLPs, it takes almost no dev resources to launch one. What they need to do is skip a year on the expansion work as that is taking up nearly 100% of dev annual resources and it only feeds half their revenue base, and probably way less than half their profit base.
  14. Logically Flawed New Member

While I agree that it would be awesome to have additional dev attention for TLPs, EQ isn't the moneymaker it was in its heyday. That they keep it running is enough for me. It would be impossible to please everybody without ridiculous costs and even then it'd still be impossible.

Going 2 years without an expansion would be a problem. People need change, and EQ needs the top level to change consistently to survive.

If something affects revenue, its effect is mirrored regarding profit.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't understand your aim here, the two 2024 TLP are basically copies of prior servers so the work involved is already prettty close to being as low as it can get anyway and barely affects the things that you want the devs to focus on.

Perhaps they decided the copy-paste route was what they needed this year to free up time for things like the mythical "class balance" they said they wanted to do - not that I believe for 1 second that will even get looked at.

EQ3 is twenty years away given the 100% unrealistic plan shown by EG7.
  16. Ddezul Augur

Turn on your sarcasm meter, MrHappy
  17. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

If they truly went with the 80-10-10 model I could see them see them doing it for the 30m+ price tag though in the end I bet that + is a lot bigger than Ji Ham was letting on
    Recreate EQ in new engine (80) update buying/selling and crafting (10) add whatever new thing (10)

If they try some to many new things ya not sure we will ever see it.